• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports World Cup

LillieAndNebby

Someone (not) very special!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
Spain is definitely the World Cup 2018 winning team. They were fabulous yesterday (except for De Gea's little flaw) and they'll get to the final game playing like this!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
And my native Aussies managed to put up an impressive fight, despite that last-gasp win from the French. Will be interested to see how Denmark and Peru will do, to see if they can label themselves as a genuine threat.

Even though I didn't saw the match between France vs Australia directly because of weekend duty, when hearing that Aussies are pulling a good fight, I'm glad as well, even though France still goes forward as expected. This time, I'm currently watching Peru vs. Denmark that are starting just recently. And no goals yet at the time of I'm writing this.

Years
Yes, exactly. I am so proud of Germany that I do not want them to win the World Cup again. They need two things first: more training and a new coach.

By the way: Spain is still the team that wins this year, I can feel it!

You don't want Germany to win the World Cup even though you're from Germany???? You do know that you can be patriotic without being a Nazi, right?

LillieAndNebby

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
You don't want Germany to win the World Cup even though you're from Germany???? You do know that you can be patriotic without being a Nazi, right?

Well, it's not because I fear being called a Nazi, it's because I do not like Germany's performance in the last 2-3 games. They will have to play better, as simply as this sounds

LillieAndNebby

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
In England we haven't been happy with the National teams's performance for 20 - 30 years.

Well, I know that England performed way better many years ago but I personally do not know what their problem is. I mean, they definitely have some good players

Years
In England we haven't been happy with the National teams's performance for 20 - 30 years.

Especially with that loss to Iceland in Euro 2016...

Anyways, I did see some of the Germany v Mexico match last night. Germany went down to the Mexicans 1-0, making it the first time the Germans have failed to win an opening World Cup match since 1982. The Germans still have fellow Group F opponents Sweden and South Korea to come, so at least I feel they'll still have an easy chance to proceed from the group.

Even Brazil have struggled, getting a 1-1 draw with the Swiss. Hard to believe a lot of the powerhouses have lost their charm in this WC.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I find it surprised knowing there are many unexpected things in this World Cup. First Russia and their 5-0 goal-fest against Saudi Arabia (especially on the very last minutes). Argentina is on draw vs. Iceland, and now Mexico beat Germany 1-0. Probably this World Cup might be far different than previous World Cup that I've seen years before. Not just because of VAR and all, but because of results like these.

Last edited:
Years
Group F end their first round today with Sweden against South Korea, and then it's Group G's turn with England taking on Tunisia, and Belgium against Panama.

I'm likely rooting for the Swedes to beat South Korea. Planning to watch England and Tunisia, because after all these shock results I think England deserve a chance to make a comeback.

Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
And my native Aussies managed to put up an impressive fight, despite that last-gasp win from the French. Will be interested to see how Denmark and Peru will do, to see if they can label themselves as a genuine threat.

Good luck in your next game mate.

So Brazil and Germany aren't threats then.

Germany will probably win their next 2 games. Anything can happen with the Germans.

The Mexico vs Germany game was a shock, but Mexico defended really well, congrats to Mexico.

But it would be very good if we (England) win the World Cup.

By the way: Spain is still the team that wins this year, I can feel it!

I agree, Spain are likely to win it, I hope they do.

Group F end their first round today with Sweden against South Korea, and then it's Group G's turn with England taking on Tunisia, and Belgium against Panama.

I'm likely rooting for the Swedes to beat South Korea. Planning to watch England and Tunisia, because after all these shock results I think England deserve a chance to make a comeback.

I've been wearing my new England shirt today, I've seen lots of flags outside today and I've listned to lots of England songs.

Come on England!

Last edited:
Years
Good luck in your next game mate.

The Danish may look like a threat on paper, but they really lack star power outside of Christensen and Eriksen, so we could be in for a chance to hopefully keep the group alive. Peru won't seem like much since they're coming in from a 36 year drought, whereas Australia have had 4 consecutive WC appearances going back 12 years now.

Some may be writing us off and believing the Danish will get out at the expense of us, but remember we did give quite a big test for France.

Germany will probably win their next 2 games. Anything can happen with the Germans.

Even with that shock loss to the Mexicans, I do feel Germany will still easily proceed from Group F. Sweden won't be as much of a threat without Ibrahimovic (who retired from the national duties) while South Korea likely won't stand a chance.

But it would be very good if we (England) win the World Cup.

It has been a long time. Let's hope you do good against Tunisia.

I agree, Spain are likely to win it, I hope they do.

I think that epic 3-3 with the Portuguese has definitely seen Spain labelled a favourite to win.

I've been wearing my new England shirt today, I've seen lots of flags outside today and I've listned to lots of England songs.

Come on England!

As I said, good luck. Plan to watch the England-Tunisia match later.

Back