• 26 replies

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey

under your bed
Seen May 3rd, 2019
Posted February 17th, 2019
1,066 posts
6.5 Years
"From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman), a wily fox who makes her job even harder."
So Disney's new film, Zootopia was released this past weekend. Did you see it? Do you plan on seeing it?

Personally I have yet to see it, but the animation looks pretty great and a number of my friends want to go see it so i'll probably get around to see it within the next couple weeks. I've been hearing quite a few good things about it, so count me as slightly hyped.
how happy is the blameless vessel's lot
the world forgetting by the world forgot
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
each prayer accepted and each wish resigned

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 27
Male
California
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
Dang it, you beat me to making this thread.

When I first saw the teaser trailer for it last year, I feared this movie wasn't going to be one of Disney's best films because 1) it's CG-animated (according to the internet community, if an animated film isn't 2D or stop motion, then it's automatically bad), and 2) "lol, furries." Then I've been watching a couple of behind-the-scenes videos regarding the atmosphere and the anatomy for each animal, and I believed it was going to be one of the most creative films Disney has produced. Finally, I got to see the movie today, and it's safe to say this is definitely one of the best Disney films of all time. The plot was good, the characters were likable (Nick Wilde already being my favorite), and the jokes were hilarious. BTW, has anyone seen this chart before?

Spoiler:

According to this chart, Zootopia should be this decade's Hunchback of Notre Dame, and after watching this film, I can definitely see the similarities. Both films are actually more geared towards adults than children because of the mature themes they were handling. While the latter used religious references, the former tackled on racial issues in the form of the predator-prey relationship. I must admit, Zootopia handled their theme much better than the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Spoiler:
Did anyone catch the early bird cameos of Disney's upcoming animated films?

Light and Darkness Dragon

Gives Up

Age 26
Male
Seen May 10th, 2016
Posted March 25th, 2016
221 posts
3.8 Years
I was told to just poop post in the thread so I will.
I didn't have any intentions of seeing this movie.
The trailers from youtube didn't really interest me, and the Bunny Rabbit Cop is cute, and smart move rabbit around easter.

Needs more Ponies.

To encourage conversation:
The trailer was just music, and fast cut aways. I didn't get a single context for story.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.

Age 27
Female
Sinnoh
Seen December 17th, 2018
Posted December 17th, 2018
1,038 posts
11.9 Years
Honestly I am a pretty big Disney fan and this movie didn't capture my interest at all. I had 0 intention of going to see it until I heard of all the good reviews. I think I'll have to go see it now, probably this weekend.
★ Merry Christmas! ★

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ

Age 24
Female
Land of Tea and Crumpets
Seen September 17th, 2016
Posted September 15th, 2016
395 posts
3.8 Years
I'm looking forward to the concept of it, the animation looks gorgeous. I like how for the adverts each news presenter relates to the country it's broadcaste in

Want to join a fun selling/trading/buying Pokemon Facebook Group?
With a varied and helpful admin team?
Join Pokemon Cards Sell/Buy/Trade UK
you don't have to live in the UK to join, anyone is welcome

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Seen September 20th, 2018
Posted September 10th, 2018
10,101 posts
13.5 Years
I'm hoping to have a chance to see this in theaters. I don't have high hopes for that happening (the last time I saw a movie in theaters was 2013), but I would really like to see this movie. Only so that when people see me buying the merchandise for it, I can answer any questions about my opinion on the actual movie.

Speaking of movies that came out in 2013, Zootopia made more in its opening weekend than Frozen made in its opening weekend.

Frozen was not the movie I saw in 2013, thank you very much.

EC

Can't be bothered!

Age 28
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,472 posts
3.7 Years
Can't wait to see how they work this into the World Of Color show at Disney's California Adventure.
For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.

Swagroar

Age 28
Male
Pennsylvania
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 11th, 2019
6,229 posts
6.3 Years
I saw it a week ago, on a 7 PM showing on the Thursday, which was nice. I'm not going to say much beyond that I loved it. As you may see by my avatar, those sloths are awesome.

However, I hope this movie does not end up subject to the same fate that Frozen gets met with regularly (as in, being thrashed and called overrated by 90% of people on the internet).
Azurilland | Twitter | Nuzlocke Forums
May someday resurface in full. We'll see what happens down the road!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 27
Male
California
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
I saw it a week ago, on a 7 PM showing on the Thursday, which was nice. I'm not going to say much beyond that I loved it. As you may see by my avatar, those sloths are awesome.

However, I hope this movie does not end up subject to the same fate that Frozen gets met with regularly (as in, being thrashed and called overrated by 90% of people on the internet).
You don't have to worry about that, because the film is currently being thrashed for pandering towards the furry culture, who are the laughing stock on the internet.

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 27
Male
Disneyland
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,383 posts
13.9 Years
I was glad to see a thread for this. I saw it opening day. Absolutely one of my favorite Disney movies yet. I just love Judy Hopps and the entire host of characters. Obviously you have to like Flash and Nick and the rest. Really pleased with everything about it. :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something

Age 24
Male
Lost in thought... again
Seen March 3rd, 2018
Posted March 11th, 2017
5,722 posts
7.4 Years
I loved this movie. I had heard good things going in, but all of my expectations were blown out of the water. This has to be one of Disney's best movies of all time, and I really want to see it again. I would recommend checking it out as the only people who probably wouldn't like it are the people who are so blinded by their hatred of furries they hate anything that slightly resembles the fandom.

Also, Nick is my favorite.
PairPC sister

Pichu

#ThankYouGameFreak

Age 27
Male
New York
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
5,835 posts
10.6 Years
I saw it last night. It was absolutely fantastic! Loved the animation, characters, deep plot, etc. It's up there with The Lion King for my favorite Disney movie.

I want to see it again, and probably will.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!

Age 33
Male
Seattle, WA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 10th, 2019
2,573 posts
7.5 Years
I watched it on the 13th (my lucky day)
Zootopia easily became one of my most favorite movies this year! first animated movie i seen in so long.at the cinema
Spoiler:

Love Nick Wilde, as if my love of foxes wasn't already a give away.
The story, the characters, loved the unexpected surprises (won't reveal any) lots of animals I loved where there too.

I did took my Flareon (sleeping closed eyes) plush with me, and it got hugged by me so much, during the unexpected moments, the sad moments, the many 'so cute' moments.
now I can't wait to buy a Nick Wilde plush

12 out of 10 from me, would love to see it again
I ♥ Foxes and Cats!! - art i drew myself
instead of 'Catch 'em All' for me would be "gotta Pet 'Em All"
check out my arts: Firox-Fox - Discord: Jyo-Espeon#0363

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
I finally saw it! Looooved it. I need to watch it again in better quality lol. I really appreciated the serious themes and interesting take on an animal society c:
Advertiser Content