• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive battling/tower team please help

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Bronzong--> leftovers
Modest nature
252 EVs HP
100 EVs DEF
100 EVs sp.def
56 Evs SP.ATK

Iron defense
Calm mind
Hypnosis
Solarbeam(lost flash cannon and Psychic cant hit darks)

Cresselia--> wise glasses
bold nature =(
252 HP
128 Def
rest in SPD.def

psychic
moolight
lunar dance
ice beam

Garchomp--> focus sash
Jolly nature
perfectly EV trained
swords dance
EQ
outrage
brick break

was thinkin about baton passer for the 2 walls gorebyss amnesia and iron defense?
Can anyone help? I know bronzongs moveset is pretty bad but he rarely dies garchomp is perfect and cresselia is just there for lunar dance Is this a good battle tower team and I need to more to make a full team any ideas? I can get almost anyone from gen 1-4

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2011
So you're saying this team is meant for competitive online AND battle tower?

Can't you go the move remembering guy and give him a heart scale or something? My memory's a little foggy for 4th gen. I just said it because I think if you're looking for a move on bronzong that will hit everything flash cannon is better than solarbeam because it gets stab, doesn't have a delay, and even can lower SpD to kill faster

I think Cress can learn Wish from the move tutor...if so I would probably use that instead of Lunar Dance, and then may be give your Garchomp a Lum Berry or something (since you said you just want your cress to support Garchomp). You could even give her a light clay and teach her reflect and light screen, that would practically make Garchomp unkillable for 8 turns

I think Gorebyss is a good idea for a baton passer...you could also breed one and teach it aqua ring and baton pass too to give your Garchomp some healing. Another suggestion could be Mawile with Stockpile

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
I changed cresselia around a bit it has
substiute flash trick and lunar dance I use trick to give the other guy choice specs so they can only use one move then substitute and flash their accuracy as low as it can go then switch in garchomp and swords dance 3 times to sweep everything and lunar dance just in case I get robbed like earlier today I got guillotined by a crawdaunt whos accuracy was as low as possible =/ and thanks for the tip on the move tutor I never thought of that =P Im training up a nasty plot porygonZ and a scizor for baton pass and Im definitely gonna get gorebyss I know I shouldnt have 2 steel types but I have to psychics and scizor is an easy switch in against a dark type. do you think I should make my battle tower team cresselia,garchomp, porygonZ or gorebyss,cresselia,bronzong?

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2011
Or ho w about even goreblyss, garchomp, and porygonz? that way you have 2 pokes u can baton pass too, one special attacker and one physical, based on which side the opposing poke is weakest too.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
sounds great will I give it agility or subtitute? its other moves are iron defense/barrier amnesia and baton pass

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you're playing Platinum/HG/SS:

Bronzong's typing and high defenses allow it to be an effective teams supporter:
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball/Hidden Power (Ice)
-Payback
-Earthquake/Explosion/Hypnosis
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/84 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate

It might be a better idea to make Cresselia a Dual Screener rather than have Gorebyss Baton Pass Iron Defense or Amnesia:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Lunar Dance
-Thunder Wave/Psychic/Ice Beam
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/40 SDef/68 Spe
Item:Leftovers

Use a Life Orb on Garchomp to boost the power of its moves (albeit at the cost of HP). Also, use Fire Fang or Stone Edge instead of Brick Break since BB provides redundant coverage.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
@ platinum dude
I ran with a similar bronzong before except it was brave natured for super gyro balls it doesnt deal enough damage to be a reliable attacker and a fully calm minded modest psychic leaves the tower tycoon's milotic with 1 hp give or take nd once powered up cant be killed by anything except OHKO's and luck? and as a supporter stealth rock doesnt really work for me I was kind of using cresselia to trap the 1st pokemon because the tower Ai doesnt switch and that gives me an easy set up to sweep?

however your cresselia seems a lot better and quicker to set up and I could give it that item to prolong reflect/light screen should I thunderwave or icebeam as the 4th move?

Also ive tried the life orb garchomp several times but focus sash garchomp is very handy when im stuck 1st turn swords dance sash keeps him alive 2nd turn outrage or earthquake? but I think ill run with fire fang instead of BB because BB gets ice,steel,dark,rock but fire fang gets grass,ice,steel and I already have earthquake for steel/rock. thanks a lot =)

whats the best synergy switch for ice? whats your opinion on Cresselia,Chomp,porygonZ for battle tower? and is Cresselia,gorebyss,scizor,Garchomp,bronzong,porygonZ a good comp team?

Back