• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
Hello;

I registered in order to be able to mention a problem I had when I tried to play this game.

The problem happens at the game start, when the "New Game" and "Options" buttons appear.
Options work normally, but when I try to start a new game, the window becomes black for a moment and then returns to the same menu, which makes me unable to start a game.

I hope you find out what's causing that and fix it before the release, as I really want to play this game.

Additional information: I'm using Windows 7 and haven't installed the fonts.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hello;

I registered in order to be able to mention a problem I had when I tried to play this game.

The problem happens at the game start, when the "New Game" and "Options" buttons appear.
Options work normally, but when I try to start a new game, the window becomes black for a moment and then returns to the same menu, which makes me unable to start a game.

I hope you find out what's causing that and fix it before the release, as I really want to play this game.

Additional information: I'm using Windows 7 and haven't installed the fonts.

Install the fonts located in the "fonts" folder located inside the game folder manually and this won't happen again.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
It worked. Thank you.

However, I still think it'd be nice if it worked without installing the fonts manually: some people might not have access to admin rights.

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Avira detected TR/Patched.Ren.Gen2 in urarium.exe

Should I ignore it?Downloaded the rar file from links in first page

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
It worked. Thank you.

However, I still think it'd be nice if it worked without installing the fonts manually: some people might not have access to admin rights.

Avira detected TR/Patched.Ren.Gen2 in urarium.exe

Should I ignore it?Downloaded the rar file from links in first page

^^^^ya me too whats the deal man

I already answered this many times, but I understand your concern. The .exe gets flagged by some Anti-Viruses because of how I changed the Game.exe icon file. There is nothing to worry about, many people (as you can see) already downloaded the game and enjoyed it. However, if you still don't trust me, you could wait for the next release, which hopefully this won't be a problem anymore :).

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
tumblr_nh3lu4YhVA1s018r1o2_1280.png

tumblr_nh3lu4YhVA1s018r1o1_r1_1280.png

Pokémon Uranium 4.0
PC Download: [Link 1] | [Link 2] | [Link 3]

We have worked very hard to bring you this game, and we hope you enjoy it! We have tried our best to create a fun, original experience that is enjoyable to fans of Pokémon young and old. If you like exploring new regions, discovering all-new kinds of Pokémon or solving challenging puzzles and difficult battles, this is the game for you! Best of all, it's 100% FREE!
This game is designed to run on Windows. It is not a ROM hack, so no emulator is needed. Simply download and run the installer in order to play!​

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
tumblr_nh3lu4YhVA1s018r1o2_1280.png

tumblr_nh3lu4YhVA1s018r1o1_r1_1280.png

Pokémon Uranium 4.0
PC Download: [Link 1] | [Link 2] | [Link 3]

We have worked very hard to bring you this game, and we hope you enjoy it! We have tried our best to create a fun, original experience that is enjoyable to fans of Pokémon young and old. If you like exploring new regions, discovering all-new kinds of Pokémon or solving challenging puzzles and difficult battles, this is the game for you! Best of all, it's 100% FREE!
This game is designed to run on Windows. It is not a ROM hack, so no emulator is needed. Simply download and run the installer in order to play!​
I ll give this a go on my linux box. with wine. if it works. ill send instuctions on how to play it

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Nice game!!! I love it, just a question, how long is this demo? Also, is this the final demo?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Nice game!!! I love it, just a question, how long is this demo? Also, is this the final demo?

Around 16-18 hours of the main plot gameplay + much more of sidequests and online features! And yes, this is the last demo (I may release a bug fix patch though). The next release will be the full game.

Works on linux well.
to run this game on linux.
winetricks directx9
wine msifile
Run the shortcut on wine menu.

This will probely work in wine mac too

Awesome, it should definetly work, but please, post your results here or share with us in the Skype group :).

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Have this Error in Moki Town...
Checked Download-Link 1,2 and 3

---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: Errno::ENOENT

** JV Extra Scripts:24:in `bgs_play'
** JV Extra Scripts:24
** JV Extra Scripts:13:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
* Game_Character_2:82:in `update_move'
* Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'
Walk_Run:96:in `update'
Game_Event_:252:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Alex\Saved Games/Pokemon Uranium/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2015

Pokemon Uranium
Exception: Errno::ENOENT

** JV Extra Scripts:24:in `bgs_play'
** JV Extra Scripts:24
** JV Extra Scripts:13:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
* Game_Character_2:82:in `update_move'
* Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'
Walk_Run:96:in `update'
Game_Event_:252:in `update'

C:\Users\Alex\Saved Games/Pokemon Uranium/errorlog.txt.
OK
Don't play in debug mode and you're fine!

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020

Spoiler:
Hm, it looks like you're missing an audio file... that's the sound effect that plays when you're near water. Just stay away from the pond and you'll be fine. I wonder if that's a problem that many other people have?

We've worked really hard on this new beta, and we hope people enjoy it! It's got tons of new gameplay, new fakemon and awesome features that JV and I have made so people can have an awesome time playing with them!

Happy holidays everyone :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Any chance to Upload the Sound Effect only? Have the error while running around in Moki Town...

Years
I have a problem when trying to launch the game :
Do I need to start the game again ? It seems it can't read my save file :/

Pokemon Uranium
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 4, map 14 (Title Screen):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section071:52:in `metaID'undefined method `trainerID' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0xa858910>

***Full script:

Audio.bgm_stop
sscene=PokemonLoadScene.new
sscreen=PokemonLoad.new(sscene)
sscreen.pbStartLoadScreen

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

* PokemonLoad:298:in `pbSetParty'

* PokemonLoad:483:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

(eval):4:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Game_Event_:265:in `update'

* Game_Map_:457:in `update'

* Game_Map_:455:in `each'

* Game_Map_:455:in `update'

C:\Users\Olivier\Saved Games/Pokemon Uranium/errorlog.txt.

OK

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016

This is a risk because it allows Nintendo/Game Freak to notice these games easier. I hope this doesn't go like Fusion Generation did with a cease and desist from Nintendo/Game Freak. :(

In addition, JV this is looking awesome so I hope you continue to make this awesome game. :D

Nintendo/Game Freak are idiots in this way that they think fangames take away from their sales. Like really Nintendo/Game Freak? Get over yourselves. :P

Back