• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Heres my take on the narwhal, i just threw it together the fins look bad plus shading
narwald.png

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Here's a concept of mine if you guys would like to use it. Hadn't really worked out a name or a type :/.

[link]

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Here's Narwhal's evolution form. Steel/Water type. ^^

picture.php

Whoa, sick. I decided to work with the carrot, so i cut it's tip off to suggest second stageness... Maybe make the final stage bigger?

2r7vjpf.png

And concept:

Name: ???
Type: Grass
Blunt Carrot Pokemon
Pokedex: It is an overgrown carrot, but it has it's tip cut off. It sticks it's leaf-arms into the soil to absorb nutrients from the ground. The leaf-arms can also be used for combat.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
I was hoping you'd resize the whole sprite instead of just the orange bit. xD
Like, instead of just chopping the tip, you could resize the orange bit so that it has the same size as the final stage carrot.
The leaves on the head you could leave, but the feet leaves should also be shortened.
Or you could resize the whole sprite using a program and then redraw the sprite since it'll be all pixelated. That's what I intended to do but well, I'm a lazy guy. xD

In any case, I can't make the final stage carrot bigger, only wider. xD The height of the final stage is 96 pixels tall already. xDDD

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I was hoping you'd resize the whole sprite instead of just the orange bit. xD
Like, instead of just chopping the tip, you could resize the orange bit so that it has the same size as the final stage carrot.
The leaves on the head you could leave, but the feet leaves should also be shortened.
Or you could resize the whole sprite using a program and then redraw the sprite since it'll be all pixelated. That's what I intended to do but well, I'm a lazy guy. xD

In any case, I can't make the final stage carrot bigger, only wider. xD The height of the final stage is 96 pixels tall already. xDDD

Yeah, well I'm lazy as well.... I was suggesting that it was nearly full grown, except it had a flaw... And yeah, the final should be wider.

tnguye3

Years
What have you done Nimblethumbs!?
You made boss carrot sad! D:

And uhhh, I have no idea how to make the final evo wider apart from making the vines more showy? xD
Or change his pose, like make the carrot spread his leaves and do a buggi dance. x3

Years
What have you done Nimblethumbs!?
You made boss carrot sad! D:

And uhhh, I have no idea how to make the final evo wider apart from making the vines more showy? xD
Or change his pose, like make the carrot spread his leaves and do a buggi dance. x3
I was thinking you could make the root wider and more bulbous. Look here. Not all carrots are long and thin and since we're not really going for realism we can exaggerate as much as we need to. I could take a stab at it, making it smaller and all.

tnguye3

Years
I kinda love the 1st Evo but the Basic and the 1st Evo don't really match. Like the colour are different and the Sprite style is also different. That's just my opinium.

Raaaarrr Scyther and Scizor are totally different colors and look really different raaaRRR!!!

Anyways yeah I agree with you, but hopefully a happy pixel artist will suddenly bump on this thread and decide to fix up our palletes. xD

I was thinking you could make the root wider and more bulbous. Look here. Not all carrots are long and thin and since we're not really going for realism we can exaggerate as much as we need to. I could take a stab at it, making it smaller and all.

Wow, first time I see those "fat" carrots. :O
anyways, yes, please do! ^____^

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I think the final evolution is perfect as it is, and while I don't have a problem with the middle evolution being larger, it is kind of plain... and of course there's nothing wrong with sizing it down a bit.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Raaaarrr Scyther and Scizor are totally different colors and look really different raaaRRR!!!

Anyways yeah I agree with you, but hopefully a happy pixel artist will suddenly bump on this thread and decide to fix up our palletes. xD

Ok you are right about that thing about Scyther and Scizor xD. But still the colours are really weird.

tnguye3

Years
Ok you are right about that thing about Scyther and Scizor xD. But still the colours are really weird.

It's Pokemon. They're all weird. ;)

Anyways nuff with those jokes and stuff.
Yeah I geuss my palette is too bright or something.

Some Pokemon that evolve have their palettes change for instance Charmander is orange and Charmeleon is red.

The Gen 1 Pokemon which evolve into Steel types also have a really different color (Scizor is completely ketchup lol) such as Steelix, becoming more "blue-er".

Also Golbat's evolution looks really different compared to Zubat -> Golbat, where the blue big bat evolves into a smaller purple bat with 4 wings.

Anyways that was just a long excuse. I seriously think that my palette doesn't match with Pokette's style. xD
Maybe someone should darken it or something.

EDIT: Maybe my palette is too bright AND I have too many dark and black lines? O_O

Last edited:
Years
Okay, so here's a chubby carrot and a slight alteration to it to try and give it a little something different.

144fvo.png
x4ptab.png

I could have tried for different colors, and maybe done a slightly cleaner job, but I just wanted to get the main part done. Maybe tnguye3 you might want to give it a final touch or something.

I also unintentionally made it look like this guy. Oh well.
Spr_5b_597.png

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
It's Pokemon. They're all weird. ;)

Anyways nuff with those jokes and stuff.
Yeah I geuss my palette is too bright or something.

Some Pokemon that evolve have their palettes change for instance Charmander is orange and Charmeleon is red.

The Gen 1 Pokemon which evolve into Steel types also have a really different color (Scizor is completely ketchup lol) such as Steelix, becoming more "blue-er".

Also Golbat's evolution looks really different compared to Zubat -> Golbat, where the blue big bat evolves into a smaller purple bat with 4 wings.

Anyways that was just a long excuse. I seriously think that my palette doesn't match with Pokette's style. xD
Maybe someone should darken it or something.

EDIT: Maybe my palette is too bright AND I have too many dark and black lines? O_O

I edited the Basic Fakemon with the colours of the 1st Evo and i really think it got better.

I made 2 version. 1 wise the horned also edited and another with the horn with it's original colours.

What do you think

Sem_t_tulo.png

Here is the evo btw
picture.php

EDIT: I'm not saying that it doesn't need more work. Because the only thing i did was change the colours but i think it looks kinda better. IDK

tnguye3

Years
Okay, so here's a chubby carrot and a slight alteration to it to try and give it a little something different.

144fvo.png
x4ptab.png

I could have tried for different colors, and maybe done a slightly cleaner job, but I just wanted to get the main part done. Maybe tnguye3 you might want to give it a final touch or something.

I also unintentionally made it look like this guy. Oh well.
Spr_5b_597.png

Dayum nice job there Scarf!
I really like both and I actually think I like the 2nd one (with the 3 spikes) more as it gives the carrot a more "Pokemon" feel to it. ^^

I edited the Basic Fakemon with the colours of the 1st Evo and i really think it got better.

I made 2 version. 1 wise the horned also edited and another with the horn with it's original colours.

What do you think

Sem_t_tulo.png

Here is the evo btw
picture.php

EDIT: I'm not saying that it doesn't need more work. Because the only thing i did was change the colours but i think it looks kinda better. IDK

Nice job, the sprites seem to compliment each other now (that's how you say it right? xD)
Also I think you should leave the horn as it was originally, as the whole point of the evo is that it "becomes" steel type. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Dayum nice job there Scarf!
I really like both and I actually think I like the 2nd one (with the 3 spikes) more as it gives the carrot a more "Pokemon" feel to it. ^^

Nice job, the sprites seem to compliment each other now (that's how you say it right? xD)
Also I think you should leave the horn as it was originally, as the whole point of the evo is that it "becomes" steel type. ^^

Ohhh didn't knew that lol

But the basic sprite still needs some fixes it's looks too "raw"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back