• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Grey (UK Spelling -- Pokemon Blue Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Hack Name:
Pokemon Grey
Hack Of: Pokemon Blue
Hacker: Hat
Progress: Still working on it...

Introduction

I'm Hat, though I've been going by Black Phantom for a while now.
This is a hack of Pokemon Blue, called Pokemon Grey.
So far it hasn't been completed.

Story

You are a boy (unfortunately), and you live in Shade Town, a small Town in a Region called Azula.
Azula is a Region in a Dimension called the Dark Dimension, the Dark Dimension contains similarities to the "Real World" of Pokemon, especially as Azula is the Dark Dimension's equivalent of Kanto. The people there are very different...

At first you are sleeping, someone called Professor Oak from Kanto talks to you in your dream and explains to you about Pokemon and the world around you. Once he's finished, Professor Oak shouts, telling you to wake up. Your sitting on a chair, in front of a video game system. Your adventure begins, (maybe you were partying all last night?)...

Features

New Region (based off Kanto), set in a new Dimension
Altered:
  • Tiles
  • Blocks
  • Maps (including Warps etc)
  • Text
  • Pokemon Locations
  • Generally the whole "feel". Wait and see...
Unaltered (various reasons, inability, not going "too far", doesn't fit in with the story, don't want to etc):
  • Starter Pokemon
  • Battle Pics of Pokemon/Trainers
  • Map Connections
  • ASM

Screenshots
newscreen.png
ocarina.png
greedy.png

labor.png
battle.png
wtf.png

Other

I don't absolutely need any hacking help, but I might accept it.
Ideas, criticism, whatever, is good.

A Thing

sigpic40804_5.gif

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128746"][IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic40804_5.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(not really HTML)

Downloads
Not-Very-Far patch 01
Version 0.1

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
First post woooh!
Anyway this sounds good. Looks good. Plays out good. And the best part is that the reason the region looks like an old one is part of the story and not umm,well,e.t.c. Good luck by the way and out

Years
Wow, a Blue hack. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Anyway, it looks promising. The story seems like it is missing something, though. Anyway, good luck on it.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, I wanted to hack Blue as a bit of a change, from the usual GBA hacks and that.

And came up with a story that was loosely based on the original (same region layout etc, though introducing a different "feel"). So somewhat way different to the famous Pokemon Brown, which pretty much everyones heard of.

Anyway thanks for the comments, especially the luck!

The dude

Metal is good
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I've been looking at the ASM for red for a while

So if you need to Insert any new Trainer Pics New Pokemon Or Make it a GBC game just PM me
Or if you want a different titlescreen than all the other rb hacks lol!

ASM! Wooh!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Did you make any new scripts?
Lastly What made you want to hack Blue?

Does the gamplay actually go with the story, because the story sounds amazing!
though, I'm still trying to find out What Don Patch says is missing...

Good Luck!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
You! (@The Dude) The guitar shredder!!! Well I heard about Coolboyman and something about a particular pic, thanks for the help!

Well I started hacking Red, as I liked existing Red hacks and the old Pokemon games.
No new scripts, don't know if that would help yet, i'm developing the story over time.

As for the missingness, it's not very far completed ("short", hahaha), and other than that -- no idea!

Last edited:

Teddiursa™

Never Give up
Years
Is Scripting the same in GBA As in GBC? if so i would help you!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Not to my limited knowledge.
I know there's Tauwassers Scripting Doc for PKMN Gold, that's most likely different from Red n Blue Versions. But I don't know too much about scripting to be honest...

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I know there's Tauwassers Scripting Doc for PKMN Gold, that's most likely different from Red n Blue Versions. But I don't know too much about scripting to be honest...

No scripting can be done in R/B, but changing the in-game text is what you can do.

Anyway.. great to see another RB hack here before mine! Hm.. I just think there is A LOT more you could do, change connections, graphics, etc. But I will watch to see how this hack progresses. In the mean time, good luck hacking.

The dude

Metal is good
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
There is scripting in R/B.

It's all ASM commands though
Like Pre-Made ones .. one for text, one for movements, battles etc..

Chefdude548

I'll poison your food!
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
Sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for it to be further along, then I'll try it. I'm a sucker for the originals, so I'll probably play this the most. Good luck!

~Chef

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Copycat! That is my hack name!

This was originaly my hack name, Pokemon Gray, the Gold hack,
You need to look before you just chosse a name, Beta 2 on mine is already
realesed and Ive had that name longer than you, so chosse a different color or name!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
I don't really think I need to change it personally, as the spelling of the color/colour is different.

I intentionally picked the UK English spelling as i'm from the UK, so mine's called Grey yours is called Gray, the US English spelling.

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
Nice to see that Rom hacker are working on old games :) but still old is gold :D

Good Luck with your hack "Black_Phantom".

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Wow, a Pokemon Blue hack!
This is awesome!
Hacking the old school games huh... Pretty awesome.
I played a pokemon Red hack about the orange islands... and it was great hack.
Good luck with your blue hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back