• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well im not so sure i should chain pokemon yet i dont have a shiny hunting "team". i might get a paris because it can know false swipe and spore, or is Breloom better? and thx for the advice DDD ^^
to bad the chain ended at 32 going try again. i got roared away because latios atk missed =/

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
well im not so sure i should chain pokemon yet i dont have a shiny hunting "team". i might get a paris because it can know false swipe and spore, or is Breloom better? and thx for the advice DDD ^^
to bad the chain ended at 32 going try again. i got roared away because latios atk missed =/

"Team", huh.... Never thought about it that way...

Well, anyway, Paras/Parasect or Shroomish/Breloom are about the same. You have to breed False Swipe onto Shroomish though (or get Hayley's one from Ranch.. lol!).

I like both, I love mushrooms. I think I prefer Breloom though, it just looks more mobile. (And I'm still thinking about breeding me a shiny Shroomish! Not ready yet though, have a few things to do)

As for "team"... well....
That's really interesting, I gotta say.

On Diamond, my shiny hunting team would probably be...

1. My Lucario. I've mentioned it before: All attacks hit hard and all have high PP. And it's Lv. 96 now. It'll be cool when it gets to Lv. 100, it'll make stuff go by even faster without the "gained ### exp. points!"
I also do the attacks in a certain way (Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse), it's brought me a lot of luck, if I do it any other way I tend to screw up.

2. Synchronizer(s). Abras. Lots of them. Obtained in FireRed's Game Corner. I'll have at least one with me.

3. Sleeper. Sometimes I bring a special Pokemon with me, like Bronzong, Venomoth, or that Grovyle I raised for catching Buneary. I used to use a Butterfree, but someone gladly just gave me a Breloom with False Swipe and Spore. O.o

So that leaves me with 3 open spots for viewing the shinies I catch during chaining to get a taste of what I have.
I used to bring a FLYer with me but I box it for the sake of having more party space.

As for Pearl, same strategy, different Pokemon, 90% lack of resources....

Chainer is Ninetails, Sleeper is Ninetails, Synchros are whatever Abras I've traded over, and I also have a Lv. 25 Haunter for Night Shade when I go back to get more Misdreavus since I still only have one.

Good luck

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
"Team", huh.... Never thought about it that way...

Well, anyway, Paras/Parasect or Shroomish/Breloom are about the same. You have to breed False Swipe onto Shroomish though (or get Hayley's one from Ranch.. lol!).

I like both, I love mushrooms. I think I prefer Breloom though, it just looks more mobile. (And I'm still thinking about breeding me a shiny Shroomish! Not ready yet though, have a few things to do)

As for "team"... well....
That's really interesting, I gotta say.

On Diamond, my shiny hunting team would probably be...

1. My Lucario. I've mentioned it before: All attacks hit hard and all have high PP. And it's Lv. 96 now. It'll be cool when it gets to Lv. 100, it'll make stuff go by even faster without the "gained ### exp. points!"
I also do the attacks in a certain way (Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse), it's brought me a lot of luck, if I do it any other way I tend to screw up.

2. Synchronizer(s). Abras. Lots of them. Obtained in FireRed's Game Corner. I'll have at least one with me.

3. Sleeper. Sometimes I bring a special Pokemon with me, like Bronzong, Venomoth, or that Grovyle I raised for catching Buneary. I used to use a Butterfree, but someone gladly just gave me a Breloom with False Swipe and Spore. O.o

So that leaves me with 3 open spots for viewing the shinies I catch during chaining to get a taste of what I have.
I used to bring a FLYer with me but I box it for the sake of having more party space.

As for Pearl, same strategy, different Pokemon, 90% lack of resources....

Chainer is Ninetails, Sleeper is Ninetails, Synchros are whatever Abras I've traded over, and I also have a Lv. 25 Haunter for Night Shade when I go back to get more Misdreavus since I still only have one.

Good luck

i dont have alot of synchros pokemon, i was thinking about chaining ralts and just cating every pokemon that comes in my way and relese the once with "Trace" or soemthing like that

can you breed me a Shroomish because i need a spore/FS pokemon ^^ and i have no way of obtaining either pokes

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
i dont have alot of synchros pokemon, i was thinking about chaining ralts and just cating every pokemon that comes in my way and relese the once with "Trace" or soemthing like that

can you breed me a Shroomish because i need a spore/FS pokemon ^^ and i have no way of obtaining either pokes

It might be easier to chain Abra in the long haul because Ralts are pretty rare but either will do. XD

Sure, I'll conjur up you one in minutes.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
It might be easier to chain Abra in the long haul because Ralts are pretty rare but either will do. XD

Sure, I'll conjur up you one in minutes.

abras never appear in my game for some odd reasond and thx alot let me know when your on wifi i still have your fc from before ^^. well i just found a ralts might catch like 25 of them

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Gosh, DDD, describing that shiny Houndoom encounter really makes me want to chain on Pearl...but I'll have to get a shiny Turtwig, first!

But I can't find my Pearl version...

I'm almost at Moltres on LeafGreen. Once I get to it, I try my hardest not to miss a day of soft resetting. The more and more I think about having a shiny Moltres, the more I want it!

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Gosh, DDD, describing that shiny Houndoom encounter really makes me want to chain on Pearl...but I'll have to get a shiny Turtwig, first!

But I can't find my Pearl version...

I'm almost at Moltres on Pearl. Once I get to it, I try my hardest not to miss a day of soft resetting. The more and more I think about having a shiny Moltres, the more I want it!

on pearl? i thought you can only get it for LG and FR unless you said pearl to many times it put it there also ^^

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I don't have a shiny team really. I need to start getting syncro abra's. I don't have any at the minute. I have nearly got the full set of ditto natures. I only have a few left to get. After I get them all I will breed every nature of syncro. I use Syther as my False swiper. It isn't the best but it gets the job done. I might train up a Lucario. I have a Palcity Lucario but don't want to waste that one.

I might breed a shroomish with false swipe sometime but for now I am going to carry on with me Regigigas and Torchic SRing.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
OMG SHINY REGISTEEL!!!

I'll update with picture when i've caught it.

EDIT: I managed to catch it in a timer ball after it breaking out of about 7 ultraballs and 3 timerballs.

So i started the battle with registeel by sending out gardevoir and using hypnosis, then switching to gyarados and using dragon rage twice to get it's health into the yellow, after the second dragon rage it woke up and used metal claw so i switched back to garde and attempted to use hypnosis again which missed of course, i tried hynonsis again and it hit this time, so i started alternating between hitting it with hypnosis and throwing ultraballs, after 7 ultraballs i started alternating between ultraballs and timer balls, and the third timer ball caught it.

It has a hardy nature, which is neutral >_> my shinies always seem to have neutral or crappy natures, not that i'm overly bothered because it's a shiny at the end of the day :D

Major apologies about the size of the pics
dsc00604mi7.jpg

DSC08045.jpg

DSC08047.jpg

DSC08046.jpg

Last edited:

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Congrats VenomX, very nice! DDD, I got Pokemon Ranch too, but have yet to really do anything with it, I think it's so cool that you are putting your shinies in it! They look so cute. I wonder if there is any chance of the Pokes you get from Ranch being shiny? And if so, would adding shinies to the Ranch increase your chances in some way? It would be nice, but probably not.. It's sort of neat that your mew was shown as a bad egg, that kind of gives me a way to check my traded shinies in D&P to see if any are legit. (doubtful) I haven't even moved any of my caught shinies to D&P yet, they are all still in R/S/Em games.
Kim :D

Congrats to everyone who has gotten new shinies, I'm jealous of all you guys with your chains, I must admit to being chain impaired.. My longest chain is like 14. :embarrass

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
It's sort of neat that your mew was shown as a bad egg, that kind of gives me a way to check my traded shinies in D&P to see if any are legit. (doubtful) I haven't even moved any of my caught shinies to D&P yet, they are all still in R/S/Em games.
Kim :D

Indeed, but it's not foolproof. I'm 99% sure that the Chimchar and Turtwig are cheated, because they're both Adamant nature, both from the same person, and both were hatched in the same day. :P They showed up normally on PBR, although I didn't try to do anything else with them.

But at least you can check with PBR sometimes and see if it finds anything.
(Thanks for the congrats btw)
Don't worry, I was quite "chain impaired" when I started too. Just keep trying and you'll get better at it. It still requires a lot of luck too.

As for me, I just kinda... piddled today. I traded a lot last night helping my friend finish her PokeDex and I also got Pokemon Ranch for her.
I'm still kinda bummed that Tangela isn't a Swarmer.... Now I dunno if I want to check the Swarms each and every day, I have just about all of them that I want...
So that means the fat has been cut and it's back to Misdreavus and Gligar.

But first.... I'd like to train my Buneary. I'm trying to come up with a good name for it.. Something sweet, something after a name of a food, because the colors remind me of a candy I saw when I was a little kid. I kinda forgot the name of it, I never got to try it. I'll look around on Wikipedia to see if I can find it. It was like some sort of cookie... yet I don't think it was a cookie at all.

I decided upon naming the Lickilicky "Slim", it's fitting because it's funny and it looks ridiculous enough as it is.

edit:

Oh my god.

@_@;

I just learned that Switcheroo is a freaking EGG MOVE. That means my Buneary won't be able to learn it.

Which means the whole strategy, purpose, everything, is out the window and down the well and out towards China somewhere then space.....

Thankfully I still have Healing Wish and I see that it learns Baton Pass and Agility, so that's not that bad.....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........
:disappoin

Last edited:

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hiya. I just happened to come across this Shiny Hunters club. I own Pokemon Fire Red, Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Pearl, even though I'm not using it. I love searching for shinies, though I've never found anything, yet. I'd love to join. ^3^

Anyways, I have a shiny Nidoran male who my boyfriend named Kagayaku. I'm looking for a shiny female now.
But it was completely accidental. I was looking for one for my ingame team on Fire Red (I'm right before Mt. Coronet) and saw a female Nidoran. I was going to kill it, until I saw the shiny stars appear. I fell out of my chair almost. XD I panicked and just threw a Pokeball at it with full HP and caught it. ._. My boyfriend was all: "ZOMG SHINY NIDORAN" so he named it Kagayaku.

As soon as I get the National Dex completed on Diamond, I'll transfer Kagayaku to their and EV train him. He's got awesome IV's, and he has an adamant nature, I think.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Awesome, welcome. I think you have to get approved first but I'll welcome you anyway, new members are great.

I found a place that gives me all the percentages of all the Pokemon on a route.....

I'm sorta chaining Cacturne right now, but....

I can't see a darn thing. I'm doing my best by manipulating things from the outside world: Tilting the screen and trying to make the grass more visible.

I wish I could just use Defog.... I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to see this much...

edit: Broke at 11 because I ran into a patch that I didn't see.
Ironically, it was Canea.
I'm not gonna try again until tonight, where they're out in force again, and then I'm just gonna try and wing it..

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
sandstorms are nearly impossible to chain in same with the blizzard. curse you giratina turn silver already!! im over 100 resets already, so its a good start

lol, you're telling me. (Good luck with Giratina, I want one too.)

I got up to 16 once, and went to grass I thought was safe but a Dugtrio popped out. I was working under the daytime sun though and Cacturne's rate then is 20%.

So it's nighttime now, but I can't see, the visibility is even worse now....

I'm going to keep trying though. I've been pretty lucky to get up to 16.

I wish there was some way to cancel the Sandstorm though. I need Groudon's Drought from R/S/E. =P

I may just move on.... but Cacturne is an old favorite. I have many, many Cacnea from when I was trying to hatch one, and seeing as my team is Sandstorm-prone (so bittersweet..), one to go with it would be awesome. I also can't shy away from SD+Sash+Sucker Punch, it'd crush a lot of people who don't expect it, which is the exact premise of "Sucker Punch". :)

Not to mention shiny Cacturne looks freaking awesome.
If I do get to 40 though, how am I going to see the shiny grass? Will it overlap the sandstorm? will it look different?

The "rocks" even look the same shape as the sparkles on the grass...

Also, I just searched on YouTube hoping to find at least one "Shiny Cacturne with Radar" video, but there wasn't any at all. At all.

So if I get one.... Will I be one of the few to get one from chaining?

You'd think this would dishearten me but instead it pushes me onward.

edit:
I got to 18 that time before I went into (again) a patch I didn't see which was Dugtrio again....... My trick is helping me see, sorta, but it's not working now.
I'm not giving up yet.

Last edited:
Back