• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
i got a question i dont know if this is the right thread for it but where can i get some d/p tiles ready to go for pokemon firered? a download link would be really appreciated

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Here's a question I originally posted as its own thread, but it certainly
isn't getting answered there. Please someone answer it!

How come there's still no tutorial for hex editing whether a type is physical or special? (Generation III) This is very important for me, because I want to make Dark physical and ??? special. Please, expert hex editors, help me do this. At least if you can't help me, try to advertise this if you agree that it is important. If you have any way of finding these bytes, I'll try to get Coolboyman to put it in his (All Games) Type Weakness/Strength Changing thread.
Because you can't, at least not easily. Theres no attribute for attacks which dictate whether they are Physical or Special. It is completely dependent on the type. The physical/special split is a new feature in D/P... obviously.

pokedude565

Is it possible to make the screen go black for like a second with scripting? I don't need to know how, I just want to know if its possible.
Edit: I think I posted in the wrong thread, sorry!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is it possible to make the screen go black for like a second with scripting? I don't need to know how, I just want to know if its possible.
Edit: I think I posted in the wrong thread, sorry!
Yes you can.
Spoiler:

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
Could someone explain what I do once I open an already existing script in the game, and edit it?
What I've done is opened a script once I specified for AdvanceMap to use XSE for script editing, and I open up the script. I made minor changes to it in XSE and now I want my changes to be in the game where the unedited one was. How would I go about doing this?

Years
In XSE along the toolbar thing there are 2 cogs that say compile. Click it and if the script is right then it should come up with some offsets. Copy the offset you used first in the script like @start then paste that into the Advance Map box.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
What differences are you talking about? Movements aren't defined by Script Editor. What you mentioned is just a format.
But here's a good reference for FR movements.
Movements

Sorry, I forgot to mention I was originally working with FR, and have now switched to Ruby. There are major differences in the Raw's used for movements. (For instance, if you were to try writing a complicated movement script in fire red, one that included jumps, running, and emotes [^_^], and then tried to use the EXACT same script on Ruby, it would produce a very different set of movements.) I would like to be pointed in teh direction of a list of the reference of Ruby movements, since they are not on PC at the moment.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
I don't know if this is in the right thread or if it has already been asked but does anyone know how to make pokemon appaer as a ghost in fire red.

Years
Thank you for your help. But there is a very SERIOUS problem. The tools metioned except unLZ GBA can't work well on my computer...So I have to work on hex editor...But how?
Another question, if I want to add a tree use Cut, what I need to do for the settings? I added one, but if I cut it and walk a step, it appears...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Another question, if I want to add a tree use Cut, what I need to do for the settings? I added one, but if I cut it and walk a step, it appears...
Assuming you are using FR (Sorry if you already said you were, I am not going to take the time to read previous posts), You need to set a person event, change the picture to a cut tree, then, in the Event Specifications, look down until you see the first "Unknown" option listed, and put a 03 in the box, then, in the "Script Offset" box, type $1B0DCC as the script, that is the Fire Red version Cut script. Now it should act just like any other cut tree.

Levity-Adam

Aipom rocks my socks!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2008
Whenever I click on IconEd to open a little timer shows up next to my mouse for a bout a second then it goes away and IconEd doesn't open..
Does anyone know what's the problem and how they can fix it?
Thanks!

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Can I copy/paste maps with AdvanceMap between 2 different files? (Pokémon)?

Can I copy/paste maps with AdvanceMap between 2 different files? (Pokémon)?

Someone else is making AdvanceMap maps, and then sends them to me so I can put them into our game.
But do I have to recreate each and every tile he draws?
Or is there a way to copy/paste maps between 2 different files?

Please let me know if there is, or if you have any other suggestions, because it takes me hours to recreate his maps tile by tile...

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
Looking for help scripting. I really messed up last time I tried this so I want to ask for help.

I'm fairly new to Pokemon ROM hacking. I'm working on modifying Fire Red.

Trying to start simple, so heres what I'm trying to do.

I want to add a new trainer to the Pewter Gym (so that you have to fight two people before Brock). For all intents and purposes, the trainer I am using is .001 in Pet, the Aqua Leader. (I can modify the trainer fine).

The part I am having trouble with is scripting for the new trainer. Other trainers I've been able to edit their pre-existing script, but for a new trainer I need the trainer's speech to go in an empty part of the Rom, and work something like this:

Challenge: You think you can beat me?
End of the Fight: It wasn't enough!
Talk on the map after fight: You trashed my Pokemon!

And then set the event to use this script in Advance Map.

My last attempt corrupted my ROM.

I've been looking at using PKSV because it seemed easier to use, but I would use another scripting program if I could get good advice on how to use it for this.

Also, I want to modify the event where you get the Pokedex from Professor Oak so that you start with the National Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back