The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #10351    
Old July 12th, 2009 (7:07 AM).
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79 onyx79 is offline
Red Dead Revolver
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Orange Islands (=
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 503
    I've tried this command and it ruined my script -___-
    I guess I should be more carefull next time....
    __________________
    my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
      #10352    
    Old July 12th, 2009 (7:27 AM).
    0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
    0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
    Im comin' home...
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Superjail Penitentiary
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 1,816
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
    I've tried this command and it ruined my script -___-
    I guess I should be more carefull next time....
    Yeah, I personally never got it to work, but it DOES work... try asking around the forums for help, Mastermind_X doesn't make it easy to read...
    __________________
    >Boot Jailbot
    >Pass *****
    .
    .
    Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
    Greetings Warden
    of Superjail Penitentiary
    Awaiting user input...

    >Display User_Info
    ╠══User Info══╣
    Username:
    0m3GA ARS3NAL
    Age: 18
    Sex: Male ♂
    Race: Caucasian
    Quote:
    "What is this
    I don't even..."

    M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
    ╠══End of File══╣
    Awaiting user input...

    >
      #10353    
    Old July 12th, 2009 (9:56 AM).
    Bozster's Avatar
    Bozster Bozster is offline
    thechurchofcage / Cancer Fairy
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 121
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
      This question has been answered already. Look at the Documents and Tutorials and at the Toolbox.
      Eh? I'm sorry, but what are you trying to show me?

      Another question;
      How do I change the movements of a Pokemon on Emerald? Like when they go into battle?

      If no method exists, then what are the scripts that define stuff like items and Pokemon?
        #10354    
      Old July 12th, 2009 (10:11 AM).
      Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
      Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
      The Faltine
         
        Join Date: Mar 2008
        Location: Slovenia
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 3,577
        I do not understand the command createsprite, care to share some info with me?
        __________________
          #10355    
        Old July 12th, 2009 (4:58 PM).
        u0850913's Avatar
        u0850913 u0850913 is offline
        What, nine thousand?!
           
          Join Date: Feb 2009
          Location: In ur base, eating ur guys
          Age: 23
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 36
          Hi all,
          Just a question regarding battles in Pokemon hacks...
          Actually, that pretty much was my question. How does one create a battle in a ROM hack? I've dug deep, and can't find anything about scripting or other tools that affects things like the trainer sprite, etc.

          Any help would be greatly appreciated!

          u0850913
          __________________
            #10356    
          Old July 12th, 2009 (5:16 PM).
          Powerflare's Avatar
          Powerflare Powerflare is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 115
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
          There are tutorials for changing Pokedex Order in the Tutorials Section... you can change the descriptions of pokemon with A-Text, or better yet, YAPE!

          (And Bulbasaur is the Seed Pokemon, not bulb... there is no bulb Pokemon, lol.)
          Okay, thanks. xD Yeah, and I remembered that its the Seed Pokemon, but I had to leave for vacation and I forgot to change it when I got here. :P Oh well, my mistake. What is YAPE?
            #10357    
          Old July 12th, 2009 (5:21 PM).
          BananasGoMoo's Avatar
          BananasGoMoo BananasGoMoo is offline
          Pokemon Electrum
             
            Join Date: Dec 2008
            Location: Richmond, California
            Age: 26
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 149
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by u0850913 View Post
            Hi all,
            Just a question regarding battles in Pokemon hacks...
            Actually, that pretty much was my question. How does one create a battle in a ROM hack? I've dug deep, and can't find anything about scripting or other tools that affects things like the trainer sprite, etc.

            Any help would be greatly appreciated!

            u0850913

            the toolbox would be a good place to get some tools to work with: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
            __________________
            This signature has been disabled.
            Images in the spoiler tags still count; remove the images in the spoiler tags -- too tall.
            Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

            You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

            Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
              #10358    
            Old July 12th, 2009 (6:27 PM).
            0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
            0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
            Im comin' home...
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: Superjail Penitentiary
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 1,816
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by powerflare4cp View Post
            Okay, thanks. xD Yeah, and I remembered that its the Seed Pokemon, but I had to leave for vacation and I forgot to change it when I got here. :P Oh well, my mistake. What is YAPE?
            YAPE is a pokemon editor.
            It is an abbreviation for, Yet Another Pokemon Editor.

            Look for it in the Toolbox section.
            __________________
            >Boot Jailbot
            >Pass *****
            .
            .
            Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
            Greetings Warden
            of Superjail Penitentiary
            Awaiting user input...

            >Display User_Info
            ╠══User Info══╣
            Username:
            0m3GA ARS3NAL
            Age: 18
            Sex: Male ♂
            Race: Caucasian
            Quote:
            "What is this
            I don't even..."

            M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
            ╠══End of File══╣
            Awaiting user input...

            >
              #10359    
            Old July 12th, 2009 (8:23 PM).
            Powerflare's Avatar
            Powerflare Powerflare is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 115
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
            YAPE is a pokemon editor.
            It is an abbreviation for, Yet Another Pokemon Editor.

            Look for it in the Toolbox section.
            Aha! That is what it is! I've seen/heard about it before, actually. Hmmm... and as far as what you said about searching the tutorials section... there are a lot of pages. :|
              #10360    
            Old July 12th, 2009 (8:25 PM).
            BananasGoMoo's Avatar
            BananasGoMoo BananasGoMoo is offline
            Pokemon Electrum
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Location: Richmond, California
              Age: 26
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 149
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by powerflare4cp View Post
              Aha! That is what it is! I've seen/heard about it before, actually. Hmmm... and as far as what you said about searching the tutorials section... there are a lot of pages. :|
              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173

              just go to the forum (toolbox) click search this forum, then type the tool you want.
              __________________
              This signature has been disabled.
              Images in the spoiler tags still count; remove the images in the spoiler tags -- too tall.
              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                #10361    
              Old July 13th, 2009 (6:27 AM).
              PlatniumPiano's Avatar
              PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
              You are now breathing manually
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2008
                Location: Yesterday
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 480
                Can anybody provide a link to a table file for R/S/E and FR/FG? Thank you very much.
                __________________

                If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                  #10362    
                Old July 13th, 2009 (6:42 AM).
                HackMew's Avatar
                HackMew HackMew is offline
                Mewtwo Strikes Back
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2006
                Posts: 1,314
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
                Can anybody provide a link to a table file for R/S/E and FR/FG? Thank you very much.
                Here's the Advance Table I made. See the attachment.
                Attached Files
                File Type: zip AdvanceTable.zip‎ (691 Bytes, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                __________________
                  #10363    
                Old July 13th, 2009 (6:46 AM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                Here's the Advance Table I made. See the attachment.
                Thanks HackMew, I was looking for one, but I wasn't coming up with many results... I don't need this, but it is handy to have around.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #10364    
                Old July 13th, 2009 (7:22 AM).
                PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                You are now breathing manually
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Location: Yesterday
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 480
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                  Here's the Advance Table I made. See the attachment.
                  Thank you very much! I hope to be able to finally figure out a hex editor lol
                  __________________

                  If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                    #10365    
                  Old July 13th, 2009 (7:23 AM).
                  sungopher's Avatar
                  sungopher sungopher is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                    Location: The California Region, filled with 5th Gen pokemon
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Impish
                    Posts: 9
                    how do you change the characters sprite? I wanna change the sprite of Prof Birch in the beginning when you make a new game.
                      #10366    
                    Old July 13th, 2009 (7:31 AM).
                    PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                    PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                    You are now breathing manually
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                      Location: Yesterday
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lax
                      Posts: 480
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sungopher View Post
                      how do you change the characters sprite? I wanna change the sprite of Prof Birch in the beginning when you make a new game.
                      Use unLZ.gba to edit all images in the game from trainersprites to attack animations, and even the titlescreen lol. Look for it in the toolbox.
                      __________________

                      If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                        #10367    
                      Old July 13th, 2009 (8:13 AM).
                      sungopher's Avatar
                      sungopher sungopher is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2009
                        Location: The California Region, filled with 5th Gen pokemon
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Impish
                        Posts: 9
                        Ok, thanks, but is there also a way to completely remove the Prof Birch talking in the beginning, and replace it to start with something else? Like a start with a battle?
                        because what Im trying to do is make a GBA version of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness by remaking Ruby.
                          #10368    
                        Old July 13th, 2009 (8:26 AM).
                        Serazahr Serazahr is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2009
                          Posts: 24
                          How can I get the Silph Co. doors to work at a different location with a different item, with a switch or an event?
                            #10369    
                          Old July 13th, 2009 (9:56 AM).
                          Outbreak's Avatar
                          Outbreak Outbreak is offline
                          Brick Break
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2009
                            Location: Planet Earth...for moment :P
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 51
                            Can someone tell me the sprite offset for the master ball ? I need that for my hack...thanks in advance
                            __________________
                            A piece of the Europe:

                            link:\

                            and...so it is....
                              #10370    
                            Old July 13th, 2009 (11:08 AM).
                            elliott 2 elliott 2 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2007
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 18
                              How do you change the pokedex order? Everytime a pokemon trys to evolve it won't let it...
                                #10371    
                              Old July 13th, 2009 (11:13 AM).
                              sungopher's Avatar
                              sungopher sungopher is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2009
                                Location: The California Region, filled with 5th Gen pokemon
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Impish
                                Posts: 9
                                can someone help me with downloading TileMolester, when i download it, it gives me a HUGE amount of files and I cant figure out what to do
                                  #10372    
                                Old July 13th, 2009 (12:20 PM).
                                Robert Conley's Avatar
                                Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                                GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                                  Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Docile
                                  Posts: 330
                                  Trying to follow THIS tut but dont have photoshop. anyone know if this is possible with GIMP? If so how?
                                  __________________
                                    #10373    
                                  Old July 13th, 2009 (12:27 PM).
                                  Powerflare's Avatar
                                  Powerflare Powerflare is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2008
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Lax
                                  Posts: 115
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by BananasGoMoo View Post
                                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173

                                  just go to the forum (toolbox) click search this forum, then type the tool you want.
                                  Thanks, but I already found YAPE. What I meant was that searching for tutorials on how to change the Pokedex was hard. I want to change all the numbers and stuff.

                                  Oh and I downloaded that AdvancedTable thingy that was posted. But after it is extracted, it is a .tbl file. How do you open it?
                                    #10374    
                                  Old July 13th, 2009 (12:28 PM).
                                  Robert Conley's Avatar
                                  Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                                  GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                                    Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Docile
                                    Posts: 330
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by sungopher View Post
                                    can someone help me with downloading TileMolester, when i download it, it gives me a HUGE amount of files and I cant figure out what to do
                                    Try downloading this one:
                                    http://www.romhacking.net/utils/109/
                                    Just unzip it go into the folder you get and click the file titled tm.
                                    __________________
                                      #10375    
                                    Old July 13th, 2009 (1:21 PM).
                                    HackMew's Avatar
                                    HackMew HackMew is offline
                                    Mewtwo Strikes Back
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                                    Posts: 1,314
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by sungopher View Post
                                    Ok, thanks, but is there also a way to completely remove the Prof Birch talking in the beginning, and replace it to start with something else? Like a start with a battle?
                                    because what Im trying to do is make a GBA version of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness by remaking Ruby.
                                    That would require quite a lot of ASM I suppose.


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Serazahr View Post
                                    How can I get the Silph Co. doors to work at a different location with a different item, with a switch or an event?
                                    If I remember well, there are some script traps on the floor, maybe some signs too. Check the scripts there.


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Outbreak View Post
                                    Can someone tell me the sprite offset for the master ball ? I need that for my hack...thanks in advance
                                    It should be compressed, so use unLZ to find it.


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by elliott 2 View Post
                                    How do you change the pokedex order? Everytime a pokemon trys to evolve it won't let it...
                                    The PokéDex order doesn't matter as I bet you just didn't enable the National Dex.


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Misty Sama View Post
                                    Trying to follow THIS tut but dont have photoshop. anyone know if this is possible with GIMP? If so how?
                                    All you need to do is to dump the B/W logo and load the proper palette. If you Google "load palette [program-name]" you should find what you need.


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by powerflare4cp View Post
                                    Oh and I downloaded that AdvancedTable thingy that was posted. But after it is extracted, it is a .tbl file. How do you open it?
                                    You don't need to open it, really. You just need to load it using a hex editor that uses table files.
                                    __________________
                                    Closed Thread

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:17 PM.