• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everything you can do with AdvanceMap 1.92's world map editor

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
If you're looking for a tutorial on changing the map picture, I can't help, sorry!

This is just a tutorial for all the possibilities of using advance map 1.92

(cool tip with am1.92: you can also hold ctrl for a copy paste feature while editing normal maps, and ctrl + g to get some additional options with the map header.)

1) changing where things appear over the world map when they're in a specific route.
Spoiler:

2) Changing what a block on the world map shows when your cursor is over it.

Spoiler:

3) Making it possible to fly to the center of most overworld routes.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen today
First, thanks for the tutorial think this will be helpful to people since this is a not well-documented aspect of ROM hacking

Second, do you know how to change which world map opens up when using fly in Fire Red, since there are 4 maps. I moved most of the flying locations to the second map. And when using fly from the locations that were originally on the first map (but now on the second) the first world map still shows up. Is there any way to change this?

My worldmap in advancemap currently looks like this:
World Map Editing.png

Years
  • Age 68
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I have the same question as kalerie. I inserted some custom maps in Fire Red, which somehow became assigned as Sevii maps. These are assigned a purple colour in the world map editor, and even if you position them somewhere in Kanto, when you open your Town Map, it opens the right coordinates, but on the Sevii map. Any way to change whether or not a map is a 'Sevii map'?

Years
  • Seen today
I have the same question as kalerie. I inserted some custom maps in Fire Red, which somehow became assigned as Sevii maps. These are assigned a purple colour in the world map editor, and even if you position them somewhere in Kanto, when you open your Town Map, it opens the right coordinates, but on the Sevii map. Any way to change whether or not a map is a 'Sevii map'?

Check this tutorial: http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

Back