• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you changed?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
How have you changed politically, religiously, or in any other way? Whether it be improving yourself as a human being or reaching goals? (I know its broad, but focusing on just one I thought would be too limiting and this way it can apply to more people)

What outside factors have playing into your change or growth? How did you bring yourself to change? Why?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
I've grown more weary and fatigued. I find myself wanting to get far away from other humans and hoping that space travel comes sooner then later. The more info I obtain that more misery I inevitably find.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
I used to be a good God fearing American, as I was raised to be, but life wore me down to a point where I did not have the energy to care.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i think i've changed a lot, especially from when i was younger. when i was younger i could make friends at least somewhat easily. i wasn't as sad all the time (talking about elementary not middle/high school). i think the factors that brought me to change were mostly my depression and my social/general anxiety.

Years
I haven't changed particularly much really although I think I've tipped slightly further left since getting sick has introduced me to a whole new world of shit that is made worse by right wing economics.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
i have become more isolative and much more quiet, stopped careing about alot of things, and recently accepted the fact i had severe depression, fortunatly its under control, and if anything... it may get worse, but i hope not

Sir Codin

Spending my high school years with conservatives turned me into a liberal.

Spending my college years with liberals turned me into a libertarian.

Spending the past US election cycle with all three turned me into a moderate.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Over the years, I have found myself inching closer to the left politically. Religiously I have become a firm atheist thanks to the religious right in the US many years ago.

Years
When I was first learning about things in the world, particularly all the bad things, I wanted to do everything to help people. I'd still like to help people now, but you can already tell from the way I worded it that I'm more reserved about this desire. Just getting older and having more experiences and setbacks and responsibilities makes it so that I don't feel I have as much to give of myself as I thought I had.

Pmurt Dlanod

i don't like pokemon
Years
Entering 2016, I was center-right (e,g. John McCain), but now I've shifted toward the alt-right and "Trumpism." Screw the establishment GOP.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
birth -> Summer 2015 Neoconservative (pure cancer)

*lots of confusion and transitions between different types of Libertarianism in-between)

Summer 2016 -> Now Conservatarian I guess. Combines the free markets of libertarianism with some compromising social issues. Basically realistic, and not idealistic thank goodness. Also I would consider myself a Fusionist because i think the GOP should become more like the LP and the LP should become more like the GOP.

Birth -> December 2015 Christian

December 2015 -> beginning of summer 2016 more deistic than anything

Now Christian

Years
*smiles casually* I feel less of a need to hold back my knowledge on spirituality. I see now that it's something that a few would actually want to get a hold of. I'm also less likely to hold naive ambitions. I also meditate frequently.

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
I've grown more weary and fatigued. I find myself wanting to get far away from other humans and hoping that space travel comes sooner then later. The more info I obtain that more misery I inevitably find.
The sort of "info" that you find might not be the best for you. It might be best for you to take a conscious choice to look at the good side of humanity and not the bad. Not ignoring it, as it is always there, but choosing to look at the good. Believe me, if you keep up with it, it might make life better for you.

I used to be a good God fearing American, as I was raised to be, but life wore me down to a point where I did not have the energy to care.
Similar advice to above, except there is no reason to fear God. Rather, fear what you can do to yourself, and choose higher rather then lower actions. It feels honorable and right to do so.

i think i've changed a lot, especially from when i was younger. when i was younger i could make friends at least somewhat easily. i wasn't as sad all the time (talking about elementary not middle/high school). i think the factors that brought me to change were mostly my depression and my social/general anxiety.
i have become more isolative and much more quiet, stopped careing about alot of things, and recently accepted the fact i had severe depression, fortunatly its under control, and if anything... it may get worse, but i hope not
Choosing to look at the good can be beneficial, and you have the choice to do so. I used to have depression, and I found that looking on the brighter side was helpful. This was, however, hard, as while in a depression, the mind can find ways to keep convincing you that everything is not so great. I had to fight against it again and again, but I finally won over depression by being persistent and never letting my guard down.

I haven't changed particularly much really although I think I've tipped slightly further left since getting sick has introduced me to a whole new world of shit that is made worse by right wing economics.
Easing up on the politics, can be very helpful, as their enticement can be dangerous. I am not saying to abandon them altogether, but simply to ease up on them. I did so, and it has done wonders.

When I was first learning about things in the world, particularly all the bad things, I wanted to do everything to help people. I'd still like to help people now, but you can already tell from the way I worded it that I'm more reserved about this desire. Just getting older and having more experiences and setbacks and responsibilities makes it so that I don't feel I have as much to give of myself as I thought I had.
There are both many bad and many good things in the world. While it is for sure worthwhile to help others, as you made note in your final sentence, you might not have as much to give as you did before.

There is nothing wrong with that, as working on yourself is very important, but if your heart ever feels inclined to give to something, either with time or money, don't feel that "I have just so much to do. I cannot give to these people, as I have many responsibilities." Giving, as I have found in my life recently, has it's joys and benefits as well, and it is definitely worthwhile for me to put aside some of my duties, which are not as important as I thought, to give. I have found that giving to the right places has actually increased my own character, and it shows.

Entering 2016, I was center-right (e,g. John McCain), but now I've shifted toward the alt-right and "Trumpism." Screw the establishment GOP.
Try not to be too moved by any modern politician. Unlike those of old, who had their faults but also their virtues, I cannot see myself emulating any of these people, or to look up to them saying "That's is what I would like to be. That is how I would like to act." In fact, I find myself usually finding that what they do, I should not.

*smiles casually* I feel less of a need to hold back my knowledge on spirituality. I see now that it's something that a few would actually want to get a hold of. I'm also less likely to hold naive ambitions. I also meditate frequently.
Interesting opening sentences. Only a small part of society looks towards any spirituality. I used to think that perhaps people looked down on it, but I know realize that many don't even know that there are other religions or other ways of life aside from the Abrahamic ones, and many completely ignore spirituality whatsoever. You are right in saying that very few people want to get a hold of it.

Meditation is a great practice, for sure. Many people, I feel, would be much better off if they meditated.

Years
The sort of "info" that you find might not be the best for you. It might be best for you to take a conscious choice to look at the good side of humanity and not the bad. Not ignoring it, as it is always there, but choosing to look at the good. Believe me, if you keep up with it, it might make life better for you.

Similar advice to above, except there is no reason to fear God. Rather, fear what you can do to yourself, and choose higher rather then lower actions. It feels honorable and right to do so.

Choosing to look at the good can be beneficial, and you have the choice to do so. I used to have depression, and I found that looking on the brighter side was helpful. This was, however, hard, as while in a depression, the mind can find ways to keep convincing you that everything is not so great. I had to fight against it again and again, but I finally won over depression by being persistent and never letting my guard down.

Easing up on the politics, can be very helpful, as their enticement can be dangerous. I am not saying to abandon them altogether, but simply to ease up on them. I did so, and it has done wonders.

There are both many bad and many good things in the world. While it is for sure worthwhile to help others, as you made note in your final sentence, you might not have as much to give as you did before.

There is nothing wrong with that, as working on yourself is very important, but if your heart ever feels inclined to give to something, either with time or money, don't feel that "I have just so much to do. I cannot give to these people, as I have many responsibilities." Giving, as I have found in my life recently, has it's joys and benefits as well, and it is definitely worthwhile for me to put aside some of my duties, which are not as important as I thought, to give. I have found that giving to the right places has actually increased my own character, and it shows.

Try not to be too moved by any modern politician. Unlike those of old, who had their faults but also their virtues, I cannot see myself emulating any of these people, or to look up to them saying "That's is what I would like to be. That is how I would like to act." In fact, I find myself usually finding that what they do, I should not.

Interesting opening sentences. Only a small part of society looks towards any spirituality. I used to think that perhaps people looked down on it, but I know realize that many don't even know that there are other religions or other ways of life aside from the Abrahamic ones, and many completely ignore spirituality whatsoever. You are right in saying that very few people want to get a hold of it.

Meditation is a great practice, for sure. Many people, I feel, would be much better off if they meditated.
Yeah I live to let my light side of spirituality shine. People need it.
I have also developed compassion which got me into a relationship.

Linyit

yaaay :3
Years
Uh, good questions. I'm not sure how much I changed as a person, but I at least overcame depression a bit, so I'm more lively than before. Trying to think positive and moving somewhere else helped me. I also became more persistent at the things I do.

Politically I never changed, I dislike politics(yeah I'm on the wrong forums regarding this :p)and only vote to have done my part as a citizen tbh.

Years
Uh, good questions. I'm not sure how much I changed as a person, but I at least overcame depression a bit, so I'm more lively than before. Trying to think positive and moving somewhere else helped me. I also became more persistent at the things I do.
Yet these changes are beautiful. They will make you become a stronger character if you become one with your emotions.
Politically I never changed, I dislike politics(yeah I'm on the wrong forums regarding this :p)and only vote to have done my part as a citizen tbh.
you seem to be a good person overall

Years
I think I've grown more relaxed and less high strung over the years, I don't have as short a fuse as I used to, I used to be really impulsive and anger easily. Nowadays I think I've matured a bit and I don't make such silly decisions as I used to.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Setbacks certainly have made me a lot more quiet which in return made me cynical and I've also developed quite a bit of misanthropy as a result.

Back