• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you ever rejected Lucario?

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I'm re-playing through Pokémon X&Y and just came past the point where you could obtain Mega Evolution from Korrina and a Lucario who wants to join you.

Now I wonder, has anyone ever refused Lucario to join your party?
And if not (I'm not counting your loathe for Lucario as an argument), why didn't you?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I didn't even know you could reject it... Sure, I would put it in my box right away but I always took it

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I always just accepted and then boxed it, not a big fan of using NPC-given Pokemon unless it's an Eevee or baby Pokemon. Always feels like NPC-given Pokemon make the game easier because they're usually pre-trained and sometimes powerful if not more than your current party Pokemon.

Good for completion sake, though.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Every time. I hate Lucario and it's unwarranted hype. Why has such an ordinary Pokémon been put on a pedestal like this? I'll never understand. It's a thoroughly unremarkable Pokémon that somehow gets all this mega evolution lore and it's own f-ing movie! I can't fathom why it's been bigged up the way it has.

blue

gucci
Years
Nah, I never even knew you could reject it until now. I like Lucario and I think it's a great gift, so I haven't felt the need to reject it.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Even though Lucario is my least favourite Fighting-type Pokémon, it's a free stone so I always take it and box it.

pkmin3033

I've rejected it before, but I find it funnier to accept it and then release it, or just confine it to my boxes for all eternity. I hate Lucario. Disliking Lucario is a perfectly valid argument, thank you.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I don't dislike Lucario, and I find it a bit heartless to just reject it, so I take it with me, but most of the time box it.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Disliking Lucario is a perfectly valid argument, thank you.
Sure, you may think that. And it probably is.

I just do not want to have to read that argument here, because I was certain it would be argument #1.
It's just so cliche to say that, I'd rather not have to read it.
By no means I disrespect such opinions. You're naturally entitled to it.
And I get the arguments for disliking him, I really do.

Nintendo has done a very fair share of spoiling it with giving it many high roles in e.g. movies and the mega evolution saga. I agree on that, it's quite ridiculous. They treat it like some fans treat Charizard, so to speak.
But what Nintendo does with Lucario is not really matter to me when judging a Pok?mon. I prefer to look at things as design, backstory, origin and a tiny bit of competitiveness.

So if you resent it, it's fine. I respect that.
---
As for myself regarding the topic, I did reject Lucario. For me the reason was because I already caught a Riolu early in the game which I wanted to train myself, rather than being handed a Lucario like that.

pkmin3033

Sure, you may think that. And it probably is.

I just do not want to have to read that argument here, because I was certain it would be argument #1.
It's just so cliche to say that, I'd rather not have to read it.
By no means I disrespect such opinions. You're naturally entitled to it.
And I get the arguments for disliking him, I really do.

Nintendo has done a very fair share of spoiling it with giving it many high roles in e.g. movies and the mega evolution saga. I agree on that, it's quite ridiculous. They treat it like some fans treat Charizard, so to speak.
But what Nintendo does with Lucario is not really matter to me when judging a Pok?mon. I prefer to look at things as design, backstory, origin and a tiny bit of competitiveness.

So if you resent it, it's fine. I respect that.
You don't want to read it, but you bait me by starting the argument that I didn't intend to start anyway? Hmm.
Nothing says you HAVE to read replies, either. You also deliberately called me out for disliking it, and basically told me to shut up before I even said anything. What you are saying and what you are doing are vastly contradicting themselves.

...but I honestly can't be bothered to argue with you right now, especially not over Lucario's validity. I'm just pointing out that it's not a wise idea to bait someone the way you just did if you want to avoid an argument. If you don't want to read the argument, don't start it. You can't expect people to not say anything if you're going to bait them like that. Quoting me and drawing my attention back to the thread - and then telling me not to start an argument, whilst inviting me to by starting it yourself - is not going to achieve the result you desire.

As an aside, finding a Riolu earlier in the game is actually a very valid reason for rejecting Lucario...although by doing so you miss out on the Mega Stone, which presumably you'd want if you're using it. Huh.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Nah. Usually I tend to accept Lucario as part of my party, even though it's on the box most of the time because I have many Pok?mon in my party rn. Still, I might use it once for a while.

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
I don't hate it as a pokemon really i just feel it's extremely over used... I prefer to try to use pokemon that arent as 'appealing'

Years
I didn't know that you can outwardly reject Lucario. However, to answer your question, I didn't use it in my party. I already had a Gallade as my fighting type, so having a Lucario would just be redundant.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Yep I did. It's totally useless when I am running a monotype that isn't fighting or steel.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That's actually something you can do?
That's the kind of reaction that makes leaving it so worth it.

The first time you go in, knowing you'll get the Lucario but just seeing how far you can go before it'll make you take it (as Pokemon is wont to do).

And then you leave the tower.

And then you leave the town.

And then you leave the island.

And then you go back to check and see if it's still there waiting for you (spoiler alert: it is).

And then you leave the tower.

And then you go into a laughing fit. At that point you're pretty committed.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Considering Lucario has the best design of any fighting type, and is one of the strongest, I always use him in my IGT when offered.

Back