• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A-Maze-ing Race" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss the gang navigating through a labyrinth in "A-Maze-ing Race."

My review to come forthwith.

(Posting early for I won't be on tomorrow.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Something I noticed during "A Maze-ing Race"

Err make that epidode "Ill Will hunting" I didn't notice my dvr had changed over to the new episode

The main baddie on this episode has a shiny Drapion, I just wondered if anyone else noticed it

Last edited:

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
It isn't a shiny. Some Pokémon tend to have a different colour than they have in other media, like sprites in games and other stuff. One example is Gligar, whose colour in the anime differs from the colours used in the sprites.

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
Years
This episode was pretty good, it had some great moments. My favorite would be when crogunk "body slamed" Dawn, Another would be the face that she made when she saw the onyx.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I thought it was a good episode...it was one of those episodes that isn't really needed, but I still thought it was good. And Paul was all angst...as usual.

My favorite would be when crogunk "body slamed" Dawn, Another would be the face that she made when she saw the onyx.
Haha. Those were my favorite parts too.

Sushi.

AWESOME
Years
This episode was good it was kinda funny to me with that part that Paul try to catch that Fearow but Ash, Dawn and Brock keep messed up what Paul's doing, but poor Paul.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Oh I never knew that either my bad, I had checked psypokes shiny pokemon in anime section and it wasn't there so I thought they hadn't updated it

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
Years
Hmm, the tag battle arc is getting close I can't wait XD!. But yeah this episode was pretty cool, Ash, Dawn, and Brock kept bugging Paul lol, especially Brock when he asked where Ash was, I have'nt seen him! "Brock: what up with him? lol. Crogrunk body slamed Dawn XD, and it looked like that Onix was on drugs or something.

Ash commanded Buizel! Woot! ( Shapes of things to come in the future anyone? ^_^ ) Paul hardly impacted this episode at all, he just made cameo appeareances and get annoyed as usual. I wonder if Paul ended up catching the Fearow? They never even mentioned what happened at the end of the episode with him. Paul appearance in this episode was pretty unnecessory if you ask me, especially since the tag battle arc is just around a few more episodes away. Still...paul in a has hateful glory lol. Great episode my grade for this is a 8.5/10.

Lash

Years
It was funny when the group annoyed Paul when he was trying to catch that Fearow, especially how after Brock asked right after Dawn XD

My favorite part was before Pikachu used Iron Tail to free Staravia. It was just standing above that rock/mountain thing, smiling and ready to shock.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Enjoyable episode

- I forgot about Dawn's Poketch haha
- lol he dodged Croagunk XD
- Yay Paul!
- Loved how Paul got annoyed with everyone XD
- Aww Buneary and Pikachu holding hands!
- OMG Advance Adventure Instrumental! Haven't heard that since DP06! lol I should stop noticing the BGM so much
- Love Route 207

Meowth: Now they'll get separation anxiety
Heh, I've been doing about separation anxeity in psychology...

Ash: Whoa, its The Guys!
LOL "the guys"

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
There were some wacky moments in this episode. I quite liked Ash's wild imagination that Dawn was caught in an Onix's Bind. And there was Paul being disturbed every time he tried to catch the Fearow. He sure was pissed off. Pachi shocks everyone with Discharge. Looks like the squirrel needs help controlling its electricity.

I quite liked this episode overall.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
My Main Points

- Pikachu and Buneary holding hands <3

- I loved Paul's cameo ^^

- Happiny carrying a rock 4x bigger then her.

- Pokemon Advance music ^^

- Brock dodging Croagunk

- Croagunk tackling Dawn xD

- Onyx squeezing Dawn xD

- Jessie's face before Onyx came and made them blast off

It was an okay episode for a filler in my opinion.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Teeheehee This episode was great to watch. I mean it was funny how Brock dodge Poison Jab. I was OO when I saw that. That was coolies. Teeheehee I really thought Brock got smart but he got help. Teeheehee

When Team Rocket stopped Ash and friends. I got a flash back to Saffron City way back when. Teeheehee I been watching this anime for too long. Teeheehee That trick is WAY old!!! Teeheehee

Yeppie. Paul was completely useless in this episode but he was just there to have fun with. Teeheehee I wonder if he flew for the Rocket trap too or just got lead there.

Still this episode got me thinking. Why a maze in the middle of nowhere? I mean I really don't think Team Rocket made it but still why a maze there? Also why didn't Ash and Friends try to blow down the walls before like they did? And how did they get out if Dawn had the fake map? Su? Teeheehee Still I guess I am over thinking this show a bit. Teeheehee

Good episode over all.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
Nice to see all of the Pokemon out of their pokeballs for once.

Jesse and James were dressed up as both hikers and then rocks this time. Eh he I think their running out of costume ideas.

The highlight of the episode was Croagunk poisen jabbing Brock in the em.. backside at the very end. :laugh:

Doesn't Sudowoodo have any attacks that it could have used?(I forget which ones Brock's has)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Still this episode got me thinking. Why a maze in the middle of nowhere? I mean I really don't think Team Rocket made it but still why a maze there?

Well...there are maize mazes in the middle of nowhere. I suppose someone got bored and built a stone one XD

Years
Well...there are maize mazes in the middle of nowhere. I suppose someone got bored and built a stone one XD

Psst, careful, using Earth logic on this show will make your brain implode.

Anyway, Paul picks the oddest times to show up, huh? From the odd screencap, I didn't know he would make an appearance. Who knew?

(Still needs to see the episode.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
I thought they said they did put it there. How? I have no idea, but then again where do they get all of those giant machines.

Years
I thought they said they did put it there. How? I have no idea, but then again where do they get all of those giant machines.

Well, in early Johto, they used mail order and online services, and the Rocket organization forwarded the money.

Still, it's a good question in the recent episodes, as they don't address that anymore. Hmm...

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
This episode was ok...
-I liked the background music. where are they from?
-The funniest part would be how the gang left Crogrunk behind in the Pokemon center.
-Jessie has stylish eyewear. How can she afford them? :P
- Meowth as an old man: the first time Meowth's disguise looks convincing (is it the first time it dresses up as an old man?)
- Around 4:40, while the camera was zooming, it looked like the camera was aiming for Dawn's derrière :P
-Paul was just there to fill the extra time in the episode. He's still better than Zoey, in my opinion.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Teeheehee You really need to see the episode Charaxes. Teeheehee

Yeppie. I was wondering that too. I mean Sudowoodo really did nothing in this episode and I am really upset about that. I mean it could have really broke down that wall with Double Edge but it didn't. It just stood there and cheered. Not coolies.

Teeheehee it seems like somebody has a hobby if they can make those mazes.

I wonder. I mean Team Rocket did say they make it themselves still where they get the stuff from considering they don't get money from Team Rocket Orgazation.

Back