• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Book of Arceus

.Another

Pokemon Proffesor
Years
This story is in no way meant to be taken seriously or literally, for it was not written seriously.

Rated T for moderate Pokemon violence.

Key: Big numbers are the chapter, while little numbers signify a new verse.

The Book of Arceus​

1 In the beginning, there was Arceus, who existed alone in the void. And Arceus, lonely as it was, created three Pokemon of lesser power than itself. 2 First was Dialga, keeper of time. 3 Dialga looked upon the void and deemed it too empty. With one roar, time began to flow. 4 The second child of Arceus was Palkia, ruler of space. 5 Palkia looked upon the void, and deemed it too empty. With a mighty shout, space itself was created. 6 The third child of Arceus was Giratina, whom Pokemon call the Renegade. 7 Giratina saw the mighty powers of his siblings, and was jealous. But Giratina kept his silence, waiting for the right time to strike.
8 Arceus was pleased with his children, but still it found itself lonely. 9 So six more Pokemon were created, this time to create a world for many smaller Pokemon to live on in happiness. 10 First came the three Pokemon call the Regis, who shaped the world out of ice, rock and steel. 11 Then came Groudon and Kyogre, who formed the land and seas, and Rayquaza, who flew high above the world and created the skies.
12 And finally, with this new world completed, Arceus placed the Pokemon Mew on it. 13 And Arceus was pleased.

The Corruption of Mew and the Coming of Humanity
2 Ages past, and soon the species of Mews had spread across the planet. To suit different environments, such as forests and deserts and seas, some Mews transformed into different Pokemon completely. 2 Soon, the Mew species was only a small percentage of Pokemon in the world, but all Pokemon saw the Mews as the leaders of the Pokemon world.
3 So Giratina came down to the world seeking vengence on Arceus and his brother and sister, Palkia and Dialga. He said to the Mews: "You who think yourselves kings and queens of Pokemon, hear me. 4 Prove to me your power by conquering an entire species of Pokemon. Then I will believe in your power." 5 The Mews were angered by Giratina's challenge, and were determined to prove their power. They set out to an area that housed a group of Pokemon called Shaymin, and without hesitation or remorse, wiped out almost all of them. 6 Then they returned to Giratina, saying: "We have done what you asked of us. Now you must believe in our power."
7 But Giratina only lauged, and told them: "Soon there will come about a species that is not Pokemon nor deity, and they will try to capture you and take away your freedom. They will be your greatest challenge to overcome. 8 If you can escape their grasps, then I will believe in your power." 9 Then Giratina left for the realm of Arceus, his home, letting his dark prophecy ring in the heads of the Mews.
10 The Mews were terrified of this news, and immediatly tried to decide how best to defend themselves from this future threat. 11 The Mews said: If we continue to fight other Pokemon, we will grow too stron for the prophesized threat to capture and enslave us." 12 And so began the Age of Wars, where the Mews attacked and killed many Pokemon. And the Mews grew stronger, until they forgot the fast-approaching danger and became obsessed with growing stronger.
13 Seeing the destruction the Mews were creating, Arceus came down to the Mews and told them: "You who think yourselves kings and queens of Pokemon, hear me. 14 For too long, you and your ancestors have waged war on innocent Pokemon for selfish reasons, and you have already forgotten the danger you tried so hard to avoid. 15 I tell you now that that which your ancestorsdreaded is now upon you." 16 And Arceustransformed the Mews into a species that was not Pokemon nor deity. These were the humans, which the Renegade Giratina had long ago prophesized would come to capture Pokemon and take away their freedom.
17 Arceus told them: Now you are humans, and try as you might, you will not ever be able to opress Pokemon as you have before. Your former strength is gone, and you will never again be able to speak the toungue of Pokemon. 18 This is punishment for your greed and pride, which drove your actions, even after you were corrupted by Giratina." 19 However, one Mew Arceus spared. for this Mew was one that abhorred violence and tried to stop his brethren from attacking other Pokemon. 20 To this Mew, Arceus said: "You I spare, for you have ignored the twisted words of Giratina, and have abandoned your pride. 21 To you I grant eternal life, for you must always watch over the Pokemon of this world and keep balance. 22 But be ready to act always. because there will come a day when your brethren's descendants will threaten the existance of the world, and only you will be able to stop them." And thus Arceus left for its realm.

The Banishment of Giratina

23 When Arceus returned, it confronted its child Giratina. Arceus told Giratina: "You have corrupted the Mews, which I loved, and caused them to turn to humans. 24 Your hatred will not be tolerated, and you are deserving of punishment far greater than the Mews." 25 And Arceus opened a door to the forbiiden realm, the Distortion World, and cast Giratina into its depths. 26 However, from within the Distortion World, Giratina created an envoy of shadows, who escaped and entered the world of Pokemon. This envoy was called Darkrai, and continued to corrupt Pokemon in their dreams as he made his way to the realm of Arceus.

Last edited:

.Another

Pokemon Proffesor
Years
(Thanks for the feedback! Always good to know people are reading my work.)

The Corruption of Groudon and Kyogre
3 Darkrai, uder the orders of his master Giratina, reached the realm of Arceus, where he sought out the deities Groudon and Kyogre,who shaped the land and the oceans. 2 When he found them, Darkrai approached Groudon and told him: "Kyogre intends to flood the world so that water Pokemon will be surperior to land Pokemon. The only way to prevent this is to use your powers and dry up the oceans." 3 Groudon became furious, and descended to the world of Pokemon to do as Darkrai advised. 4 Then Darkrai approached Kyogre, and told him: "Groudon intends to dry up the world's oceans completely so that land-dwelling Pokemon will be superior to water Pokemon. The only way to stop this is to use your powers and flood all the world's continents," 5 Kyogre became furious, and descended to the world of Pokemon to do as Darkrai advised. 6 Darkrai, having done as Giratina told him, returned to the Distortion World to await further orders.

The Last Great War

7 Groudon summoned all land-dwelling Pokemon, telling them: "Your home the land is in danger, and we must protect it with our lives." 8 So the land-dwelling Pokemon followed Groudon to the shores, where they would confront Kyogre. 9 Kyogre summoned all the water Pokemon, and told them: "Your home the sea is in danger, and we must fight to protect it." 10 So the water Pokemon followed Kyogre to the shore lines, where they met Groudon and his army.
11 Kyogre asked Groudon: "Why? Why would you desire to destroy the oceans? Are you so full of pride, brother, that you cannot stand to be on an equal level with another Pokemon?" 12 And Groudon answered: "Pride has nothing to do with it. You've threatened my land with your oceans, and now I must prtect my home." 13 And with a burst of rage Kyogre attacked Groudon, and Groudon attacked Kyogre. And the land and sea Pokemon also fought.
14 High in the sky, Rayquaza saw all that was happening in the world between Kyogre and Groudon. So Rayqaza descended upon them, and with a great blast of wind, blew apart the two warring factions. 15 "Have you both so much pride that you would destroy the world to prove yourselves?" Rayqaza demanded. "You are both fools, poisoned by Giratina's whisperings." 16 And Groudon and Kyogre were ashamed, and all the Pokemon were ashamed. And for their pride, Rayqaza banished Groudon to a cavern deep below the land, and Kyogre to a cavern deep below the ocean floor.

The Slumber of Arceus

18 Arceus saw the battle between Groudon and Kyogre, and grew weary of all the trouble in the world. So it decided to rest. 19 So it created from the moon itself an envoy, to carry out all tasks Arceus would have to do. Arceus gave to its envoy enough power to create Pokemon to aid it, but not enough power to destroy. 20 Arceus named the envoy Cresselia, and senti her down to an island in the world of Pokemon where she could watch over the world. 21 And Arceus descended to a place in the world called Spear Pillar, where Palkia and Dialga also were, and fell asleep deep below the ground.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Oh! A Pokemon bible! Me Gusta!
That sorta explains a lot of holes the main series has left... wish this was canon...
Anyways, keep it up! I'mma look forward for 'yer next chapter, folk!
Best of luck!

.Another

Pokemon Proffesor
Years
The finale is almost upon us. I'll be posting the final chapter, Chapter 4, in three sections. Hope you enjoy them.​

The Coming of Lugia
4 It came to pass that in the world's oceans, two groups of Pokemon, the Gorebyss and the Huntail, who were of the same race, were waging war with one another. 2 Cresselia saw all that was happening, and came to the Huntail. Cresselia asked them: "Why do you defile Arceus' oceans with senseless war? 3 The Huntail grew angry, and replied: "Who are you that would preach to us? You are not Arceus, but a pretender." And the Huntail left to go to war. 4 Then Cresselia went to the Gorebyss, saying: "Do not defile Arceus' world with War! 5 For Groudon and Kyogre also waged war, and even now are still beneath the land and sea. Such will be your fate if you continue on this dark path." 6 The Grebyss resented these words, and they shunned Cresselia, and went to war. 7 Only one Gorebyss heeded Cresselia's plea, and told her: "You speak out of wisdom, envoy, but know this: No amount of pleading or threatening will quell the prides of either faction. For both wish to rule over these leaderless oceans, and neither will stop til they achieve their goal." 8 And Cresselia answered: "Then a ruler there shall be, but it will not be the Huntail nor the Gorebyss." 9 Then Cresselia returned to her island in the north, and created a new Pokemon using the powers Arceus invested in her. 10 This Pokemon was Lugia, whom Pokemon call "Ruler of the Seas." 11 And Lugia went into the ocean, where it stopped the war between the Gorebyss and the Huntail. 12 Then Cresselia went to the Huntail, who had disrespected and offended her, and told them: Because of their pride, the Mews your ancestors were destroyed. Now, because of your pride, you, too shall be punished." 13 And Cresselia altered and transformed the Huntail, causing them to be hideous forever. 14 Then to the Gorebyss, she said: "Because of the actions of one of you, you will be spared. However, none of you shall ever be kings or queens of the oceans. 15 Then Cresellia left them.

Back