• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I can't fix the evolution glitch. I tried evolving my pidgeotto and it just freezes. I tried evolving kadabra and it freezes as well. I can't use the in game save either. Is there anyway to fix that problem? Because this games well-made and I hate to see that it's not able to be completed :/

Was also about to post asking about this. I am trying at the moment to use PC emulators to fix it after obtaining the glitch on the GBA4iOS2 emulator (in game saves wont work)

I am trying to figure out getting the in game save to work using the save states I currently have but no luck. Any reccomendations or tips?

I have tried the previous suggestion used VBA 1.8 beta 3, however it cannot load the save state due to savegame version 10..?

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Hey I'd like to thank you bro a lot
for one: This is the first hack I played! And it was great I really liked it:)
Second: This got me into ROM hacks and led me to messing around with a hack of my own
Third: Because of you I got into this xD
Okay well i really enjoyed playing this hack ( I played it on my pc to my ipod to my android owo)
I love how it was as close as fire red :3
Well thanks and good luck with your future hacks :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 26, 2021
I searched the thread and couldn't find anything about the issue I'm having, so I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

I have beat the E4 and am on the 7 islands gem quest and randomly when I go through a door (cave, pokemon center, house, etc.) the screen just goes black and doesn't do anything. the only button that seems to work is the L button which brings up the help menu.
If I reload a save state and go do some other stuff for a bit then I'm able to go through doors again.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hey, I was wondering, if I traded a pokemon from Ultra Violet to some other ROM, like Emerald, would they be considered "hacked" pokemon? I wanted to use ROMs to fill up my pokedex, eventually putting it all onto a physical copy of X and Y (it CAN be done), but if the pokemon from Ultra Violet count as hacked pokemon, I won't have a reason to download this, which would suck, because the concept of catching them all really appeals to me. Could someone clear this confusion from me?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hey, I was wondering, if I traded a pokemon from Ultra Violet to some other ROM, like Emerald, would they be considered "hacked" pokemon? I wanted to use ROMs to fill up my pokedex, eventually putting it all onto a physical copy of X and Y (it CAN be done), but if the pokemon from Ultra Violet count as hacked pokemon, I won't have a reason to download this, which would suck, because the concept of catching them all really appeals to me. Could someone clear this confusion from me?

All pokemon grow normally, they have no altered moves or increased stats... I have no reason to believe they would be considered hacked. But i have no proof. Feel free to try and let me know how it works :)

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
All pokemon grow normally, they have no altered moves or increased stats... I have no reason to believe they would be considered hacked. But i have no proof. Feel free to try and let me know how it works :)

Thanks.

I was just a bit worried, since some pokemon evolve abnormally from how they did originally. I guess what I'm asking is if you altered a certain code for each individual pokemon, or something involving only the game itself, and not the pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
that is how the game looks at the pokemon data, not how the pokemon is stored...

for instance, if you traded a graveler from UV to regular FR, it would evolve into golum... because FR looks at graveler and says it should evolve by trade...

If you trade a graveler from FR into UV, it will not evolve. because UV says graveler evolves by level.

When a game is deciding if a poke is hacked they look at the pokemons stats and moveset to decide if they are unrealistic. No pokemon from UV should be unrealistic when looked upon by another game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
that is how the game looks at the pokemon data, not how the pokemon is stored...

for instance, if you traded a graveler from UV to regular FR, it would evolve into golum... because FR looks at graveler and says it should evolve by trade...

If you trade a graveler from FR into UV, it will not evolve. because UV says graveler evolves by level.

When a game is deciding if a poke is hacked they look at the pokemons stats and moveset to decide if they are unrealistic. No pokemon from UV should be unrealistic when looked upon by another game.

Thank you, that's all I needed to know! Now, I can get started with that Pokedex! Take that, Ash Ketchum!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2014
Hi,

I have a similar problem as the guy at the bottom on page 8. I had no problems so far until I beat Elite 4, and now my sound is not working. I haven't visited 4 point isle yet or anything, still in Pallet Town but the sound only works when pokemon battle is triggered, the soundtrack, the pokemon cries and attacks all work, except things like pokeball releasing pokemon sound, the exp. bar 'filling up' sound at the end of battle.

The evolution also seems to be affected, tried to evolve Eevee but at the end of evolution it just froze.

Any help would be appreciated, unfortunately I saved over both files after Elite 4 (stupidly) so if I can't fix this I guess I'm done lol. Maybe it's my VBA idk, it's version 1.8.0 beta 3. I'm on Windows 7. The hack should be fine, it's 1.22 and the official player guide is 1.21.

Edit: I'll try beating Elite 4 again and not choosing to skip end credits. The only problem is I can't - Lorelei is missing! I get it, if I entered now I'd lose because their pokemon would be 10 levels highers, it's just not fun to play without sound :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2014
Hi guys,

I managed to fix my problem today! The main solution came in my head when I was lying in bed trying to sleep. But I also used a little help from a youtube video. Anyway, this is how I solved the sound + evolution glitch:

First, you need to be able to save the game properly. Go to your folder with your Pokemon FireRed/Ultraviolet edition folder (or whatever it's called) and check if you have a Pokemon FireRed.sav file anywhere. If you do, delete it. Next, open your FireRed game on VBA and go to:
Options->>Emulator->>Save Type->> Automatic + Flash 128K (Make sure those 2 are ticked). Now save the game and go to your folder. You should see a .sav file that's 128KB big. If it's 64KB then go back and change the save type from Flash 64K to Flash 128K (that's the bit I borrowed from youtube video).

Now, the simple part: After you saved your game go to file->>Reset, or press ctrl+R. That's right, you don't need to beat Elite 4 again for this. After it resets it shouldn't have the "1m circuit is not working" message and you should be able to see your save file in the menu. Follow it from there and everything should be fixed!

Finally, I just want to say that when I did that today after I loaded the game it showed me a replay of what I did (which was pretty cool) in gray background with no sound before sending me to Pallet Town again. I think that this is probably linked with the no sound and evolution problem, but I don't know how.

I wish you all the best of luck.

b58

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
There is no official player guide in the attached rar file.... Where can i get it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hey... The link isnt working.... So can i use the one from vizzed.com?? Is it the same?? File size is about 7.2mb....
Should be the same... unless someone made a file named the samr and changed stuff... which is unlikely

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
First off I just wanted to say that I love you for making this :)

Secondly, I wanted to know how you got into ROM hacking and if you have any advice for someone with years of programming experience

Third, I was wondering if you plan on making any updates? I thought of one thing I'd love to have which I've seen in other hacks, that all TMs are reobtainable and move tutors can infinitely tutor. This is my favorite ROM of all time and if you were to add that feature it would be perfection

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Third, I was wondering if you plan on making any updates? I thought of one thing I'd love to have which I've seen in other hacks, that all TMs are reobtainable and move tutors can infinitely tutor. This is my favorite ROM of all time and if you were to add that feature it would be perfection[/QUOTE]

Im glad you enjoyed my hack. I started rom hacking because I wanted to make a pokemon game with all the pokes in it... I just started researching and downloading tools and seeing how they worked. After so many people liked my work I decided to actually learn how to program stuff, so i enrolled in college lol. I had no expierience before starting. So if you are already a programmer, picking up the simple scripting language that is in pokemon should be easy for you. Now that I have learned how to Code in VB and C# i understand alot more about how things work in pokemons scripting language.
And no i have not considered updating it anymore, ive moved on to other hacks :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
I have a problem. Yesterday I finished the League and continued to Sevii Island 6. There my Rattata reached LV 20 and tried to evolve, but right when you can see Raticate the game freezes. The same happened with my Geodude, when he reached LV 25 and evolved to Graveler. The game freezes and I can't do anything.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
Third, I was wondering if you plan on making any updates? I thought of one thing I'd love to have which I've seen in other hacks, that all TMs are reobtainable and move tutors can infinitely tutor. This is my favorite ROM of all time and if you were to add that feature it would be perfection

Im glad you enjoyed my hack. I started rom hacking because I wanted to make a pokemon game with all the pokes in it... I just started researching and downloading tools and seeing how they worked. After so many people liked my work I decided to actually learn how to program stuff, so i enrolled in college lol. I had no expierience before starting. So if you are already a programmer, picking up the simple scripting language that is in pokemon should be easy for you. Now that I have learned how to Code in VB and C# i understand alot more about how things work in pokemons scripting language.
And no i have not considered updating it anymore, ive moved on to other hacks :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply! Why have you decided against updating it? I guess maybe I'll just have to learn how to make the additions myself :)

Would you mind giving me any tips?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Thanks for the quick reply! Why have you decided against updating it? I guess maybe I'll just have to learn how to make the additions myself :)

Would you mind giving me any tips?

If i stay on this hack and update it and update it ill never get to move on. I had to stop and make a new game... you should make an update if you want :) its good practace to learn in small chunks. pick 1 thing u wanna do and learn to do it. My first thing was adding wild pokemon... it was easy and i learned it fairly quickly. Then i wanted to add an event for mew similar to mewtwo... so as i learned that I learned alot about scripting... then mapping cause i gave mew his secret map. Just tackle small problems at a time and eventually ull have big changes made to the game. Take it piece at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back