• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Looking for some ambient, instrumental music like that of World's End Girlfriend.
If you aren't familiar, this sort of drone-like, layered and atmospheric almost sounds. Think post-rock.

Can be electronic, or classical sounding.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Looking for some ambient, instrumental music like that of World's End Girlfriend.
If you aren't familiar, this sort of drone-like, layered and atmospheric almost sounds. Think post-rock.

Can be electronic, or classical sounding.

Forgive me if you heard of these before, but I love them (just picking a random song by each not necessarily my favorite);
Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO CARE BUT A SEPARATION GOT A SCREENPLAY NOMINATION SO I'M REALLY HAPPY RIGHT NOW AND AM ON A KINDA SUGAR HIGH SO WEEEEEEEEE!

Years
Regarding the Oscars, I have seen 0 of the nominations for best picture, 0 of the nominations for best actor, 1 of the nominations for best actress, 0 of the nominations for best animated feature, and yeah, I think you get the picture. Bottom line: can't feel it in me to care about the awards this year.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've only seen one of the nominations for Best Picture, and although I'm assured it won't win, I still hold a vain hope that it will. That is The Help, by the way. Either way, I care. SO MUCH.

The one thing I was a little surprised by and delighted about was that Melissa McCarthy was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Bridesmaids. I know she won't win (Octavia Spencer hopefully has that award in the bag) but I can't help but think how amazing it would be for Melissa to win an Emmy and an Oscar in the same awards season!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
If Jonah Hill wins an Academy Award... thats it, I'm giving up on life.

Shining Raichu

Years
I completely agree. I have a hard time believing he was so good in Moneyball that he warranted a nomination for an Oscar, but far be it from me to disagree with the Academy. But if people like him start winning, the Oscars will start to lose their reputation as the big deal that they are.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Yeah, I was surprised Jonah Hill got nominated for Oscars. Always pegged him for an incredibly average actor, but I haven't watched Moneyball yet. I'll check it out.

Having watched Drive, getting a nomination for Best Sound Editing is well-deserved. What I don't get however, is Ryan Gosling and Albert Brooks not getting Best Actor and Supporting Actor nominations respectively, and Drive itself not getting Best Picture nomination.

Kudos to Gary Oldman for getting a nomination after years of acting!

Viola Davis was legendary in Doubt, even though she had only those 10 minutes on-screen. I haven't watched The Help though! This makes me want to watch it, haha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Andy...where is the Academy Award guessing thread.....I am....dying....

Rest

Years
I watched The Help and Moneyball these past two days.

Viola Davis was phenomenal as she was in Doubt. Definitely worthy of her nomination, though personally I think Glenn Close will win. Close hasn't won an Academy Award her whole career and if I had my druthers, she would be getting the win. I personally LOVE Viola Davis though, but I think she still has many opportunities ahead to redeem herself.

Loved both Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain, but if it had to go down between the two for Best Supporting Actress, it'd be Chastain. She portrayed Celia glowingly. I loved every scene of her.

Having watched The Help, I'd personally replace Jonah Hill with Albert Brooks. Hill gave a fine performance, but I thought Brooks from Drive was much more engaging.

Brad Pitt deserves his nomination, definitely!

Both were great films. Hatteberg's home-run in Moneyball gave me goosebumps of epic proportions I tell you.

Shining Raichu

Years
Andy...where is the Academy Award guessing thread.....I am....dying....

I'm working on it, so much to do so so much to do!!!!!

Also, I went and saw Hugo today on my uncle's recommendation, it is definitely worth the 11 Oscars it was nominated for. It was magical and wonderful, I loved it!

And Rest, I'm so glad you liked The Help but I disagree with you about Glenn Close. I think Meryl Streep will take out the award this year, and if she doesn't I will be SO ANGRY :P

Rest

Years
And Rest, I'm so glad you liked The Help but I disagree with you about Glenn Close. I think Meryl Streep will take out the award this year, and if she doesn't I will be SO ANGRY :P

I heard Meryl Streep did exceptionally well for her Thatcher portrayal. Really, it's anyone's game!

I'm planning to watch Tree Of Life soon. I don't know what to expect, people have been saying different things about it.

I'm going to watch Zombieland tonight at my friend's, haven't seen some comedy in a while. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm planning to watch Tree Of Life soon. I don't know what to expect, people have been saying different things about it.
If you've never seen anything by Terrence Malick before, the experience watching Tree of Life will definitely be 'interesting'. You'll definitely have something to say about it afterwards. Even if you have seen Malick stuff before, it's a lot more out-there than his previous work. Please come back and tell us me what you thought of it! :D

Shining Raichu

Years
M-Meryl Streep didn't win her Screen Actor's Guild Award......... this puts her Oscar at serious risk. Like..... if she doesn't get the Oscar for this role, then I honestly have no idea what she has to do to get another one. I'm truly stumped.

Years
Clearly it's Hollywood's liberal bias at work. Clearly.

I saw The Artist the other day and I was quite happy with it. For someone who doesn't care about classic Hollywood or how the movie evoked all those old timey actors like Cary Gable and Clark Grant it was still fun and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes movies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
M-Meryl Streep didn't win her Screen Actor's Guild Award......... this puts her Oscar at serious risk. Like..... if she doesn't get the Oscar for this role, then I honestly have no idea what she has to do to get another one. I'm truly stumped.
I keep telling you Viola Davis has the Oscar in the bag. You keep pushing back in denial but when Feb 26 comes along, it'll be Ms. Davis on the Kodak stage with her little gold man.

Shining Raichu

Years
And Viola deserves it, her performance in The Help was amazing, but Meryl became Margaret Thatcher like nobody else could! She is universally known as the world's greatest living actress - I'm fairly sure that's her official title now or something - and yet when it comes to the Oscars she's always the bridesmaid and never the bride! It's a JOKE!

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
yeah, i just read about the Star Driver film, too.
but it seems like it'll just be a retelling of the series, no?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back