• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
Of the Gen III Pokémon that do not evolve, I would like for Sableye, Mawile, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkal, Spinda, Luvdisc, and Absol to gain new evolutions. Tropius should get a pre-evolution; it would probably be adorable.

Solrock and Lunatone should also share a pre-evolution that is more or less the "Star Rock Pokémon." During the day holding a certain item it evolves into Solrock while at night holding a certain item it evolves into Lunatone.

I love Gen III, but they can definitely use some love in the pre-evolution / evolution department.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
There is no shame on having pokemon evolve in the Gen III department Except Milotic. I can see that Banette's evolution can involve it's "spirit" as in, it's "spirit" possessed a discarded doll, so, the spirit can move on to another morphed doll?

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Alomomola would've been a Luvdisc evo, considering it looks just like something Luvdisc would evolve into, so at least to me, Luvdisc would pretty much stay as it is. XD

And I agree with the Castform evo, it'd be interesting having a stronger weather Pokemon of some sort...

First of all, why wasn't it Luvdisc's evolution. It's literally an aesthetically improved Luvdsic. What the.

Mochorro said:
I want a Banette evolution-

I don't even need to quote the rest of the post. Please GameFreak.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I wanna see a Lapras evo. or pre-vo. (not that it needs one...) and also how bout a new Hitmon? Like y'know...Hitmonchuck? the Nunchuck pokemon...bet u thought Chuck Norris! but yea lol

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
You and pretty much a good majority of Pokefans are pretty much wondering the same thing when it was clear that it wasn't. XD

Also, another hitmon Pokemon? Interesting, though I think we've had enough with Gen II's introduction with Hitmontop.

EDIT: As someone just tweeted me, there's a hitmon Pokemon missing to emphasize on speed! I completely forgot about that lmao.

Kicking, punching and spinning, what else is there?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think someone mentioned this earlier, but Sawk and Throh can have a trio and a pre-evo, because Sawk and Throh represented the omni in their own way maybe?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Banette doesn't need an evo. It needs moves. Shadow Claw as its strongest STAB is quite bad, and it's dependent on its Attack stat.

Considering Dusclops got an evo, Banette should've got one, too, but I have no idea why it didn't. Gamefreak did the same with Pinsir in GSC; while Scyther got an evo, Pinsir was left unevolved. However, it gained another counterpart in the form of Heracross, which ironically is itself a better version of Pinsir.

I'm probably saying this because I love Banette's design and don't want it to turn into something horrid, although I was quite satisfied with all the 4th gen evolutions, unlike several people.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno. I can't see many Pokemon getting Evolutions this round outside of Gen 5 Pokemon. I honestly won't be surprised if we get something close to what Gen 5 pulled. Similar but not related to.

I don't want many of Gen 3 Pokemon to get Evolutions just because of how long its been, and the fact that that would pretty much make Gen 6 a copy of Gen 4 with its overabundance of add on to existing lines. I'm good with our Eevee Evolution and I guess I expect at least 5 more evolutions, but please no more than 15 add ons. I want Gen 6 to be nearly as unique as Gen 5 with almost all completely new Pokemon lines.

I'd like to see another evolution for Darmanitan and I'd love to see Sigiliph evolve. Maybe a Stunfisk evolution since he has a very unnatural fan base. XD I mean really. They have had a whole celebration day just for Stunfisk and that has to be the most Random fan favorite ever. I would love a Dunspace evolution, especially one that becomes Dragon/Normal.

A Skarmory Evolution and Absol Evolution would be nice. And I agree that Illumise and Volbeat should have a love child. Lunatone and Solrock would be really weird as it would be the first "Genderless Baby" Which makes it even weirder since the only way to get them would be forced Ditto Breeding meaning they'd have a very weird association seeing as Solrock and Lunatone cannot breed with out ditto therefore ruining the relationship.

I'd be alright with Miltank and Tauros baby, but if they haven't done it by now, I'm not expecting them to ever do it. I do want to see them pull a Roselia (adding a baby and an evolution) with a few Pokemon. Lapras of course. Kecleon and Castform though Castform would be kinda weird. I can still see the baby only being able to do 2 forms while the evolution can do one for all weather types currently in existence.

I'd kinda like to see them extend the Hitmons another stage and give all three a stage 2 form. I'd like to see them add to Jynx and Mr. Mime. I think that's roughly it outside of the rest being mostly Gen 5 Pokemon like Galvantula, Cryogonal, Maractus, Audino (both Pre-evo and Evo), Excadrill, and Liepard.

But I'd prefer if they only did 15 like I said. Cause if they do a double dip like with Roselia that's 30 Pokemon max they could add with a 15 minimum. Which can still be overboard actually.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
This is a ramble thought, but, do you know what's good about a Skarmory evolution? That would mean that Skarmory would be a pre-evolved pokemon! And you know what that means? It can use Evolite! That means it's already huge 140 base defense stat will go up by 50%. That's pretty big!

So, I dunno, considering that, perhaps a Skarmory evolution would work... just a tad differently from Skarmory? I at least hope that it will be faster and more powerful on the Physical department. Skarmory actually has a lot of good offensive moves on its belt, so, a new evo can utilize it better~ I just wonder what it'll look like, though. Would it be like Karrablast and Shelmet, on where when Shelmet evolves, it loses its armor, and when Karrablast evolves, it gains armor? Maybe Skarmory can have a partnered evolution like that?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Even with not many attack EVs, a nice brave bird could still leave a chunk in HP for certain Pokemon, so it's offensive abilities are certainly not to be underestimated, even if they're not really the best around. XD

I meant as an actual offensive sweeper. D=

On Paper, Skarmory can use a Swords Dance moveset, however, it's max speed: (262) and the fact that the OU metagame is offensively paced, doessssn't make it the best sweeper indeed. ):

I just hope that maybe a possible Skarmory evo will have its speed and attack cranked up for such a task. I never really considered Sigilyph to be an evo of Xatu myself, but, I do wonder what an evo of that could bring myself~

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Eviolite Skarmory? No thanks.

What Skarmory needs is a pre-evo. Mantine got one, why not Skarmory?

Regarding its offensive capabilities, Skarmory is worthless. The only thing it can do is Brave Bird. Swords Dance is bad on it because it needs at least two boosts to start killing things, and even then it's still quite slow and its moves are either weak or provide redundant coverage. It's supposed to be a wall.

Right now I don't think there's anything that needs evos... Aside from the weak Pokémon you get at the beginning of the game, which are supposed to have low stats anyway.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The problem with giving Seviper an evolution is that it already looks complete in terms of design. We also have to keep an eye out of their total base stats because Game Freak would never add a new evolution for Pokemon with base stats that are around 500.

Except for Scizor...

Actually I'd like if they did that again, it seems so odd they never trade+item evolved a strong pokemon where its stats just readjust and it gains a type.

Seviper could easily gain Dark like Scyther gained Steel.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Why not Electrode having an evo ?

Like in your signature? Nah-ah but if look something else, it would be pretty good. But what's important for Electrode is a signature that can put a good use of its high speed stat.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Pinsir, granted he is a first gen pokemon but still it would be awesome if they give him a evolution.
Maybe something like Scizor, bug/steel...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Going back to the discussion about a Skarmory evolution for one second; I think you guys are overreacting a bit. Skarmory with the Eviolite would have a Defense power of 210 and a Sp. Defense power of 105. That doesn't even match the kind of defenses that a Shuckle has (230 Base Stat for Def. and Sp. Def.). Skarmory isn't the fastest Pokémon around and it doesn't have the strongest Attack power to back it up offensively. Much less, it's movepool isn't exactly amazing either. To say the effects of one item falters any need for giving it an evolution is silly. With the Eviolite on hand, it's Defense may be a lot stronger, but it's Sp. Def isn't going to be anything that hasn't been done before, and it's nothing a Pokémon like Gengar with Thunderbolt couldn't stop in a hit or two.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Uh, Skarmory doesn't need to be specially defensive though... people can just build it to a physically defensive pokemon; that's why pokemon like Blissey exists; they're the special walls. Also, Skarmory isn't like Shuckle. They both perform their own individual roles, but people have always considered Skarmory to be more of an asset to the metagame than Shuckle. It won't like taking Thunderbolts anytime soon regardless.

So even with evolite, though it's still not that special in the special defense, you have to take advantage of its stronger points -- it's physically defensive traits. That's how strong it can be.

Eh, well, before this becomes a competitive debate -- my point is, I just want a Skarmory evo to be a lot faster that's all~! I do hope that maybe it can be like Shelmet and its evo can lose it's armor?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Of course! I was just kind of doing my own what-if situation if it was, which turned out to be fairly interesting/amusing(and a bit of a tangent at that!). In any case...

I do agree with you! Skarmory is too slow to at least achieve its full potential, so maybe a base 90/95 speed stat would be good? Granted it's probably a bit slow compared to some of OU but still. XD

So what if Skarmory is slow? Walls are slow. Skarmory is there to take a hit, not dish them out.

You're not always going to have a Skarmory counter at your disposal. And Skarmory has one of the best defensive typings in the game, with two immunities and various resistances, and only two 2x weaknesses. The only thing that can dent him from the physical side is Flare Blitz, which, to my knowledge, no OU Poké has access to. It's also weak to Electric, but if you're using Electric moves it's much more effective to use special moves instead.

Magnezone is not a surefire counter to Skarmory, because Shed Shell exists. Skarmory can forgo Leftovers recovery because he has access to Roost.

Adding an evolution to Skarmory is pointless because, depending on its stats, Eviolite Skarmory might be used more than his evolution. It's like what happens with Dusclops and Dusknoir. Dusknoir has a high Attack stat, but is RU, while Dusclops, which can't attack effectively, is UU, because it's a lot better as a wall, which is what both Pokémon are mostly used for.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Adding an evolution to Skarmory is pointless because, depending on its stats, Eviolite Skarmory might be used more than his evolution. It's like what happens with Dusclops and Dusknoir. Dusknoir has a high Attack stat, but is RU, while Dusclops, which can't attack effectively, is UU, because it's a lot better as a wall, which is what both Pokémon are mostly used for.

I don't necessarily think it's pointless. Look: having Evolite means that Skarmory won't have access to Shed Shell or Leftovers. That won't be necessarily good for it against teams that have Magnezone.

It was the same case with Blissey vs Chansey: while Chansey's defenses were better with Evolite, Chansey was severely hindered by her base 35 Special Attack stat, forcing her to rely upon Seismic Toss and Toxic to deal damage to opposing Pokemon. It didn't help that it couldn't use Leftovers to cancel damage from Hail or Sandstorm. That's why people have preferred to use Blissey in OU -- not only they can utilize Leftovers, but it can also use special moves like Flamethrower for pokemon like Scizor.

Again, I've said this many times, but, what if a Skarmoy evo can perform a different function then Skarmory? There can be possibilities and reasons to use Skarmory's evo other than Skarmory.

Last edited:
Back