• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokemon Emerald DX (ALO Challenge!)

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Introduction:

In this journal, I'll be chronicling my journey through the Hoenn region through a quality of life enhancement hack of Emerald version! I'll also be doing the Alfheim Online Challenge based off the awesome manga and anime Sword Art Online, as outlined in the link down below!
ALO Challenge!

I'll keep this brief!

Rules:
1. Choose your race! (Follow the link for a full list of races and their restrictions!) I landed on Cait Sith! And therefore, I can only catch GRASS and NORMAL type pokemon. I must have at least one feline like pokemon on my team. And I may use ONE Sylph related pokemon (ELECTRIC or FLYING)
2. No legendaries!
3. At least one pokemon must learn FLY!
4. All Pokemon on your team must meet the type requirements, unless otherwise noted. Dual types are okay, as long as one type is correct!
5. HM Slaves are allowed as long as they do not fight.
6. Game Ends when credits roll!

Team Banner will be updated at the bottom every post! Alright y'all! Wish me luck!!!

05E01800-680C-4F4F-B559-C95EB501A01D.png

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Entry One:​

So, one of the things I love about the Hoenn region is its affinity for nature, and the weather dynamics. Because of that, I was tempted to do an Undine run through because of the variety of water Pokémon options (Which I might still, just to contrast the teams). Regardless, let's begin!

As a Cait Sith I chose to start with Treecko. Upon finishing all the opening sequences and beginning my journey, I immediately ran into Zigzagoon and Sentret. But I didn't want to waste my time with them. Hindsight, I think I might make an extra challenge out of this later, but I will probably catch those Normal type Pokémon at some point for the Pokédex.

Anywho, I made my way to Route 102, and immediately ran into my first target for my early team: Seedot! I quickly caught it, then took on the trainers there for a bit to train up my two grassy partners before continuing. As the story goes, I met with my father and assisted Wally in getting his first Pokémon. Afterwards I went to my next location.

Route 103 before Petalburg Woods, I encountered a wild Tailow! It happens to be part Normal type so it can be added to my team! I caught that one and continued on about my business. I didn't really encounter anything of note in Petalburg Woods. A wild Pikachu appeared, and I considered exercising my "Sylph Ally" rule where I can use an Electric type but I ultimately decided against it.

I completed all of the quick events in the woods, then I moved on to Rustboro. I obtained HM CUT and prepared for the gym battle, but I remembered that I am required to have a cat Pokémon on the team! So I made for Route 116 next to the city, in hopes of catching Skitty early! Or maybe a Meowth even! The sky is the limit with these enhancement hacks!

So as I'm searching I realize that I'm playing the game well into the night. To my knowledge, Skitty won't appear at night. So at that point I decided to call it. I'll continue again in the morning and do an extra post to update the team and badges!

5241471F-91EC-4539-926B-BC9696570426.png

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Entry Two:​

Picking up where I left off, I immediately went straight to the gym and battled Roxanne. Having two grass types gave me a huge advantage. And in the process I even managed to evolve my two grass mainstays out of their first forms into Grovyle and Nuzleaf!

So then I proceeded back to Route 116. There I would complete the "Devon Goods" retrieval mission, and save Peecko, and train against all the trainers there. I, almost clairvoyantly, ran into a Meowth almost immediately, caught it. Then I ran into a Skitty after that too. I would end up capturing a Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel to round out my team at 6. Two GRASS types, and four NORMAL types isn't exactly diverse, however, with one being part Flying and the others having interesting move pools, I think I'll do fine!

This was just a quick update to finish what I had started last night!

31674893-BAC9-4297-B54D-671C3B1DFFDB.png

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Entry Three:​

I had typed up a whole update but I guess I closed the browser out before it posted and when I came back to it, it was gone.

I was rather upset. Mostly because I definitely don't remember everything I had done now!

With that being said, I definitely completed the main story events with Devon Corp, and Rusturf Tunnel. I was gifted a Porygon at Devon Corp so immediately used it and Tailow to sweep Brawly and his gym. From there I went forward to Slateport and saved.

The next update will be better, for sure!

5735CC4F-E4BD-41B4-A5FB-C98EE29D21A9.png

Back