• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Ground

Which are your favorite Ground types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There's plenty of ground-types that I like, but on top of the list would be Garchomp. In terms of design, it looks a lot fierce, which, I suppose, is what they were aiming for (and were quite successful at). Competitive-wise, although it does have four-times weakness against ice (thanks to the Pokémon also being dragon-type), it stills manages to rise above and keep itself top-notch. one way or another.

Garchomp is quite powerful on its own, and access to moves such as Swords Dance; with those, it's able to become even more hard-hitting, causing it to become pretty easy to utilize. Once this Pokémon finds a way to set up Swords Dance, it'll be sort of tough for your opponent to counter it. It isn't so tough if you have the likes of Weavile on your team, however, but those kind of Pokémon are rarely seen used, sadly, which gives you less things to worry about.

Aside from that, I'm also pretty fond of Gliscor. As opposed to Garchomp, this one plays defensively, and could make quite a heavy wall at almost any given time. Plus, it's appearance is suitable as well (at least in my opinion), which makes me like it even more. Alongside, I'm also a fan of Golurk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Voted for Trapinch line, Sandshrew line, and Sandile line. Flygon has been one of my favorites for as long as it has existed. Sandshrew and Sandslash are adorable and have been among my favs for a while and after Best Wishes! Sandile grew on me a toon so there's the reason behind that vote.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not much a fan of ground types - I have used and like before Sandshrew, Sandslash, Marshtomp, and Swampert.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Grachomp, Gliscor, Krookodile and Zygarde (Zygrade?)
To me, the first 3 are just plain great, Krookodile being one of my favorite pokemons and Gliscor and Grachomp just powerhouses of awesomeness competitively.
The legendary was for funsies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Voted for flygon (obviously) and the mudkip line, because why not. Besides, I liek mudkipz.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Were is the timpole line, seimitoad is just boss esp being able to run grass knot on a water/ground is so good

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
I don't have a lot of fav Ground type mons expect
Flygon line and Garchomp line
Then again, I voted for Dugtrio(for the lols) and I remember someone spamming sand attack + minimize on battle spot. Oh gosh that was annoying lol

I also voted stunfisk cause wynaut

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I voted for Trapinch/Flygon and Marshtomp/Swampert. :) They're the reason why I love the ground type!

also I voted for that sandshrew thing but whatever...

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Alright, I really wanted to vote for Ryhorn here, but since Claydol is one of the few pokemon I will actually use from the third generation I felt obligated to give it a leg up. Paired with Cosmic power, Extrasensory, Earth Power, and a slew of special weapons options make Claydol a nice little gizmo. Being able to take care of most of its type disadvantages through a large pool to choose from can make it often times frustrating to deal with, especially one with its defence stats maxed out and slinging status effect causing moves.

Years
Rhyhorn is my first pick as it's one of my top favorite pokemon!
I also voted for Gliscor as it has featured in two of my competitive teams, and Excadrill who I use competitively now and love.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Flygon, Golurk, and Stunfisk.

I meant to vote for Flygon in the Dragon round whoops but this works too. Golurk is one of my favorite Unova Pokémon and it's cool because it's a haunted automaton. Flygon is a popular Pokémon, and it's obvious to a lot of people why it would be voted for. Stunfisk gets a vote for being the underdog and for being cooler than what most people give credit for.

Years
Dugtrio, Lightningrod Rhydon, Steelix, Crystal Version's Water Gun Donphan, Groudon, Camerupt, Flygon, Torterra, Curse/Stockpile Revenge Slack Off Hippowdon, Freeze Dry Mamoswine, Flying Golurk, Iron Defense Excadrill, pre-XY Stunfisk

Years
I voted for Gastrodon (specifically cause I love the East Sea one!), Sandslash, Krookodile, Dugtrio and Groudon :) I also love Nidoqueen as a Ground type :)

Gastrodon I have an unbelievable amount of love for lol, but mainly the East Sea colouration as I mentioned before; Sandslash and Krookodile I've used on teams before and I love the design particularly of Krookodile's line, I think I may have been getting a little disenchanted with new Ground types until it came along haha; the Diglett line I've found adorable ever since that mini-game with the golden Diglett in Pokémon Stadium haha and Groudon (okay I actually used to think it was a fire type lol!) but when I realised it was Ground it became one of my faves :)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Aww, poor Nidoking. I've grown a bit attached to Garchomp this gen, but Nidoking is the undisputed favorite of mine.

Years
With that, we wrap up this week of voting in the Favorite Pokemon Tournament. There was a little bit of a surprise this week, as not only did last year's Ground-type winners never hold the lead, they never even made it in to the top 3. And aside from the first few hours, our eventual winners held on to the lead for the entirety of the poll.

That said, you guys have voted that Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon were able to ground their opponents, and take the crown in the Ground-type poll. Representing the Ground-type in the wildcard poll will be Marshtomp and Swampert, pending the results of the future Water-type poll.

If you haven't already, so take a look at the Dragon-type polls results, and then make your way over to the brand new Fairy-type and Fighting-type threads for this week's round of polls. Happy voting!

Back