The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media The Clubhouse
~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Old March 25th, 2018 (3:33 PM). Edited March 25th, 2018 by icycatelf.
Fake Card Artist

Nature: Timid
    Randomly decided to grab my SP and boot-up LeafGreen before getting out of bed this morning. I was planning to have 100 encounters before getting up and was pleased to find this in under 50:

Shiny Furret is the cutest, so I chucked my Master Ball to be safe (as my SP has a nasty habit of randomly shutting-off sometimes). I named her Uno because Sentret was the first Pokémon I ever caught back when I started playing in 2000, but I'm thinking about changing it to Noa.

I just finished EV-training her (sadly not finding any additional Shinies in the process). Now I'm thinking about restarting HeartGold or SoulSilver and transferring her to follow me around.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 27th, 2018 (11:23 AM). Edited March 27th, 2018 by LilyGardy.
    Lilligant Trainer

Nature: Gentle
      I have had an exceptionally lucky couple of hours Shiny Hunting.

Whilst levelling up Sylvan my Shiny Sylveon with Cute Charm I ran into Emerald the Shiny Female Pelipper in Poni Grove. She has an Impish Nature and completely random Shinys are always nice.

Levelled up I headed off to Wela Volcano Park and after 123 SOS Calls with Shiny Charm I found:

Risky the Shiny Female Salandit- My reaction was:

Wild Salandit appears. It has a White Body.
      'Is that a Female...It is. It is.'

I KOed the non Shiny, switched to Lilligant to put the Shiny to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball (Which goes well with Shiny Salazzle) and caught.

Risky has a Mild Nature with perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, Speed and Special Defence and the Corrosion ability. So it will be a Salazzle that hits very hard but cannot take a hit whatsoever. Very fitting considering her 'Somewhat Vain' characteristic.

Very pleased to get this very nice Shiny on the first try. Even with the Cute Charm the chance of a Male Shiny Salandit is high.
      Old March 31st, 2018 (2:19 AM).
      Between the realm of light and darkness

Nature: Quiet
        Hello everyone and Congrats on new shinies.
        Sorry for the long hiatus, but I still hunt from time to time.
        So here is my update

Spoiler:
        The story behind this one: well, i was originally hunting for anorith but decided to switch to another hunt after cleaning my 3ds and ds lite, I went back to route 101 and started hunting for poochyena with the dexnav, i got everything prepared with my synchro adamant ralts and max repels, fainted it and left it in the first spot so that the ability was kept active and my next pokemon ready to KO non shiny pokemon, i was in a good chain when suddenly breaks because of a wild pokemon even with max repel active. I forgot max repel only works if the first pokemon in the party is of a higher level than the wild pokemon, even if it is fainted, so had to reset and activate the white flute, my ralts is level 3 btw, so now pokemon are now to appear at level 1 mostly, max 2. Then again I made a good chain, left my 3ds running while checking some stuff and when I noticed the red flashing light of running out of power, tried to close it to safe the last amount of energy, but it was to late, so had to recharge it to full power again, update, and then start from my last save point. Fortunately I had everything set up so I start the dexnav search, nothing..., move around for a patch of grass to move, It appears and I go in to start the chain, and guess what, the game turned off again... Lol just kidding, on this first patch it appeared this handsome poochyena :), easy catch on first premier ball, named it custos "latin for guardian", sleep talk egg move, level 1 because of white flute, quirky nature (the synchro failed), and with the quick feet ability.

I'm planning to use him for my adventure in Omega Ruby.

Well, that's it for now, see you around and happy hunting.
        Old April 7th, 2018 (8:23 PM). Edited April 7th, 2018 by Maserati777.

On March 24th I found a shiny Metang in 672 fs encounters. Will evolve to Metagross.

On April 4th I started a fish chain for Shellder #2 but got a 15th Skrelp at 88.
          I also got Vanillite #6 in 301 hordes that day.

On the 6th I found a second shiny Venomoth in fs in 326 encounters. Then I had my first ever back to back shiny when Seviper appeared one encounter later. Seviper was the target.

Today I found my first shiny Sawk in fs looking for Hariyama. I have 6 shiny Throh’s lol. It was 183. Then I found Hariyama 35 encounters later.
          Old April 14th, 2018 (8:00 AM).

Hi, I am relatively new to shiny hunting (I started last year December), and I would like to join the club.
            My current shinies are: Golem, Umbreon, Gallade, Koffing, Torchic, Treecko, Spiritomb, Ponyta, Slugma, Dwebble, Hariyama and the less valued red Gyarados.
            Currently, I am trying to hunt a shiny Croagunk.
            Old April 15th, 2018 (12:06 AM).

Nature: Sassy
              Recently got all 3 regis in only 2 days of hunting. It's amazing since they're my favorite trio of any pokemon games, since I started out in Emerald. Currently going for Heatran in Ultra Sun then Groudon. After that who knows.
              Old April 17th, 2018 (9:26 PM). Edited April 17th, 2018 by Maserati777.

My new shinies, all friend safari

April 8th I found Bergmite #3 in 71 encounters.
                9th I found shiny Snorunt #2 in 421 encounters. Plan to evolve
                10th I found shiny Teddiursa #3 in 31 encounters, then #4 in 65
                12th I found shiny Eevee #3 in 1,024 encounters
                Then shiny Eevee #4 in 58 encounters
                On the 16th I found shiny Eevee #5 in 499 encounters
                And shiny Braixen in 325, it's the only starter I don't have available in Friend Safari, need one more for Delphox.

The 5th shiny Eevee was female, the first shiny Eevee to be female.

After checking online I plan to evolve the Rash Eevee to Vaporeon, Timid Eevee to Jolteon, Lax Eevee to Umbreon and the female Eevee who is Lonely to Flareon.

Spoiler:
                Not sure if it counts for this thread but I will list my shinies in Pokemon Go

Magikarp found on Nov 2nd, 2017
                8 shiny Dratini found on Feb 24th
                Party Hat Pikachu found on Feb 27th
                7 shiny Bulbasaur found on Mar 25th
                Wynaut hatched on April 2nd
                Togepi hatched on April 10th
                6 shiny Mareep found on April 15th
                Old April 20th, 2018 (12:19 PM).

Nature: Gentle
                So I am currently doing an X wedlocke and I ran into a shiny Bergmite in the Frost Cavern

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
                Old April 22nd, 2018 (10:12 AM).

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, and I've had a busy year so far with the shinies. So far, I've gotten the following:

Omega Ruby: Raikou, Cresselia, Regice, Slakoth, Regirock, Registeel, Oddish, Doduo, Regigigas, Poochyena (x2), Seedot, Zigzagoon (x2), Shuppet, Unown, Wurmple (x3), Whismur, Ralts (x4), Gothita, Cobalion, Sandshrew (x2), Chatot, Swablu, Spinda, Skarmory, Mesprit, Spheal, Numel (x2), Uxie, Maractus, Zebstrika, Forretress, Kricketune, Dwebble, Donphan, Purugly, Sunkern, Tangela, Entei, Nincada, Slugma, Koffing (x2), Reshiram, Minun, Magnemite, Pikachu, Azelf, Larvesta, Darmanitan, Terrakion, Zorua, Sewaddle (x3), Virizion, Xatu, Heatran

Moon: Sentret, Spinarak, Zubat (x2), Grubbin (x2), Mareep, Yungoos, Stufful, Caterpie (x3), Hoppip, Salandit (female), Alolan Rattata, Venonat, Growlithe, Inkay, Hawlucha, Pikipek, Slowpoke, Combee (x5 - 4 male, 1 female)

Ultra Moon: Nihilego, Celesteela, Stakataka, Kyogre, Poipole, Rayquaza, Lugia, Palkia, Thundurus, Latias, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Rockruff (Own Tempo), Popplio, Lillipup, Alolan Diglett

Crystal: Tyrogue (from odd egg)

And a whole bunch of random wormhole shinies.

My Dream Ball/Apricorn Ball/Non-Standard Poke Ball Pokemon:
                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IDz2Y3EspWl8SZPMFSw4CggaQIWrPamIr-6vAWZFELg/edit?usp=sharing
                  PM me if you're interested in anything on the list, I'm always looking for stuff I don't have.

My Plaza Facilities:
                  Rare Kitchen *****, Big Dreams ****, Team Orange *****, Ghost's Den *****
                  Hoenn Tent *****, General Store *****, Treasure Hunt *****
                  Old April 24th, 2018 (3:57 PM). Edited April 24th, 2018 by YumaKuga.

Here is a shiny I got in my copy of Sapphire for my SBQ. Three shinys in
                    Old May 2nd, 2018 (9:19 AM).

Hey everyone!

I’m new posting here and new to shiny hunting in general. I have been seeming to have some trouble in ORAS. I started a new game and decided to start shiny hunting before the first gym (I’m playing through at the same time as someone who is completely new to Pokémon so I want to stay with them so I am killing time by shiny hunting). I am using the dexnav and I found a shiny Zigzagoon on my 100th encounter, so I figured it wouldn’t take too long to get another. I’m currently hunting Whismur and am nearing 900 encounters and am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if anyone has some insight into something that could make this make a little more sense.

Thanks and I hope to post on this forum in the future with the shinies I eventually get!
                      Old May 2nd, 2018 (2:00 PM).

Shiny odds for Dexnav without shiny charm is 1/512. I’ve done over 100 dexnav hunts without shiny charm. Most appear before 512. I’ve had 3 go over 1,000.

I usually start each hunt with a search level of 1, I heard a search level of 999 makes odds lower. I don’t know if thats true. One of my early shinies, Heracross, appeared with a search level of 7.
                        Old May 2nd, 2018 (3:44 PM).

Huh,

Would it be better for me to horde hunt in this stage of the game since I don’t have money to buy repels? I feel like horde hunting is getting me encounters faster but it has a lower chance of them being shiny right?
                          Old May 3rd, 2018 (2:42 AM).
                          TheGirlThatDoesThings TheGirlThatDoesThings is offline
                          Ye, y'know, things and stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
                            Personally, I would just say it's whatever you feel is best for you. I never had much luck with Dexnav, so I've always used hordes for hunting. It's all up to personally preference.
                            "There's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top... Nevermind, just kidding, but not really.."
                            Old May 3rd, 2018 (3:19 AM). Edited May 5th, 2018 by Maserati777.

In my experience Dexnav shinies tend to appear before 1,000 encounters. And thats without the SR being 999.

And horde shinies tend to pop up before 2,000. I’ve only had 1 go past 3,000 I believe and I’ve probably found 100 shinies via hordes.

I’ve had maybe 40-50 dexnavs and horde shinies appear before 200. I don’t know the exact amount.

What they said is true, i personally believe dexnav has better odds without shiny charm then hordes. But some Pokemon are only available in hordes.
                              Old May 5th, 2018 (12:09 PM).

I just had the worst of good luck, I found a shiny Zigzagoon at the beginning of this game when training my Pokémon via hordes. After continuing on in the game and getting to Lilycove city I just turned my game on and ran into the grass and found a shiny Linoone. Of course the first completely random shiny I find is the same as the only other shiny I have.
                                Old May 9th, 2018 (7:52 AM). Edited May 9th, 2018 by Maserati777.

After the 5% Route 6 Kecleon I moved back to Santalune Forest.

I previously found a shiny Caterpie and a shiny Panpour here. Caterpie and Weedle were my targets and I am in X.

Yesterday at 4,204 random encounters I found shiny Weedle. I’m now done with the line and the forest. Also lucky I got both shinies I was hunting in the first 3 phases.
                                  Old May 15th, 2018 (5:36 PM).

Nature: Mild
                                    I also have gastly, haunter and gengar, cubone and marowak
                                    Old May 16th, 2018 (7:33 AM).
                                    Delete my Account

Can a mod please delete my Posts.I made four of them a few months ago.Since then i wasnt active at all and right now i am deleting a lot Accounts that i am not using anymore and i think this should be part of it too.
                                      Ps:Only Mods can delete Posts,or cant they?Correct me if i am wrong on that one.Thanks
                                      Old June 3rd, 2018 (5:28 AM).

Here’s the rest of the shinies for May

Vanillite #7 on the 8th in 1,440 hordes
                                        Persian on the 15th in 1,250 Dexnav encounters, second longest Dexnav hunt after Happiny took 1,386
                                        Cubchoo #6 on the 17th in 220 hordes
                                        Zebstrika on the 17th in 1,165 FS encounters
                                        Gogoat on the 19th in 175 FS encounters
                                        Finally Nidoran male #13 found on the 28th in 315 hordes.
                                        Old June 16th, 2018 (8:01 AM). Edited June 16th, 2018 by Maserati777.

On Jun 5th I found shiny Vanillite #8 in 816 hordes looking for Smoochum
                                          On the 10th I went to route 22 looking for Azurill, but found a shiny Bunnelby in 2,033 random encounters. It's phase 3 for Azurill. Also I have 6 shiny Diggersby so it's fitting to have the 1st stage.
                                          On the 11th I found shiny Solrock in 988 Dexnav encounters, started this hunt months ago and did it off and on.
                                          I found a 4th shiny Tangela in friend safari on the 13th in 425
                                          And on the 15th I found a shiny Chatot in Azure Bay in only 252 random encounters. Phase 2 for shiny Exeggcute. This is my shortest full odds random encounter hunt.
                                          Old June 16th, 2018 (4:29 PM). Edited June 16th, 2018 by dzitars.

Hey! I'm looking to join the community. I want people to chill and talk with while I hunt, makes it more bearable.
                                            Shinies I already have:
                                            Mewtwo, Virizion, Milotic, Absol, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Smeargle, Phantump, Honedge, Vikavolt, Rockruff, Aggron, Mareanie, Shuckle, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Remoraid, Carvahna, Gyaridos. Also the majority of the wormhole pokemon.
                                            I am currently hunting Kyogre in UM, will then hunt for Groudon and Rayquaza.
                                            Edit: Forgot I also have 2 random encounters I didn't hunt for: Rattata in VC Silver, and Golbat in UM
                                            Old June 24th, 2018 (6:46 AM).

Hello, I wasn't really able to post much due to IB. On a brighter note, now that its over, I managed to continue shiny hunting and snagged a shiny dwebble, ralts (M), zorua, magnemite and sableye.

Good luck for all of your hunts, and I hope to be more active with all of you wonderful people.
                                              Old June 24th, 2018 (7:35 AM).
                                              Porygon Programmer

Nature: Lax
                                                I'd definitely like to join the club. I have a Shiny Dex account, so I'll just use that as my current list of shinies: https://www.shinydex.com/syntthetix
                                                As for what I'm hunting now, I'm going for shiny Audino and Eevee in AS from DexNav, Gorebyss in Y from chain fishing, and basically anything from REs in Black 2.

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
                                                Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427
                                                Old June 24th, 2018 (7:01 PM).
                                                Calzone407 Calzone407 is offline
                                                Umbreon

I want to join. I have shiny: incineroar, magcorgo, quagsire, celebi(it is legit btw)
                                                  That's as many as I can remember so far.

I'm a tribe lele

Quick Reply