• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I found a weird possibly Misprint or Promo Grimer need help IDing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
First off sorry if this is in the wrong place my first time posting here.

I was looking thru my old collection for first edition cards that I missed and I came upon a weird Fossil Pack Grimer unlike the rest. It looks the same in every way except the barrel he has his hand on has a sort of glowing green tie dye on it. It's not a first edition and I even have a first edition that doesn't have the green barrel.

I've tried looking it up on the internet but I couldn't even find a mention of a card like this. So I figured I needed some experts on the matter, that lead me here.

If needed I'll post a picture of it I would just have to dig up my camera.

Years
The way to post pictures without having 15 posts is to upload the picture as an attachment to your post.

Though my first inclination is that this card was modified for a contest in some way or is truly a fake.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Okay I got some pictures. As for it being fake it doesn't feel/look any different from the rest. The actual barrel doesn't feel or look like it's been altered either.

The attachment system doesn't want to work so I'll just split the links. Copy paste and delete the space between "i.imgur." and "com/GiQ3R.jpg" Sorry for the hassle I couldn't think of another way.

i.imgur. com/GiQ3R.jpg

i.imgur. com/VTc6E.jpg

i.imgur. com/XXTtg.jpg

i.imgur. com/hYlBA.jpg

So any thought on what I got here?

Years
The only thing I can think of is that the card is selectively faded in some way or someone took a highlighter to it years ago and the markings are still there. Or it got minor water damage in those spots. Very, very low chance that it's an actual misprint. My unlimited print run Grimer cards from that set do not have that stuff on the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back