• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Is there a way to get another Lucky Egg? I was fighting in the 6th gym and one of the pokemon used Switcharoo and took my Lucky Egg from my Drapion and after the battle I didnt get it back. And I'm not happy about that. Idk if it's a bug but arent you supposed to get your item back after the fight ends?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Downloaded this a couple of weeks ago on a whim and just finished last night. Made an account to share my experience.

- The introduction to the game was great. Celanto Town is a wonderful starting town. The start with Reliquia Ruins and the library book were a nice touch that got me interested pretty quickly.

- The first few routes of the game and Archan Tunnel gave me a very good impression of the game to come. The wild Pokemon variety was great and finding the first Secret Temple felt very cool to me.

- The first gym of the game gave me some concerns with the level curve of the game. The first gym leader's Pokemon are substantially stronger than that of the gym trainers, but the battle was still easy enough. Ultimately, however, the level curve was pretty good. I feel like the levels at the end of the game were a bit lower than expected though. The jump between the 8th gym, the leaders of the New Elders, and the Elite 4 + champion was rather small. I guess after the 8th gym having a level 52 Garchomp I was expecting the champion to have a team in the mid 60s. That's just a minor gripe though.

- The environments of the game are fantastic. There are a wide variety of different types of locations and you experience them all fairly early on in the game. Some regions feel very samey but Orbtus feels very varied. That does lead to a problem though--it can feel a bit like a theme park at times. Walk from one zone into another and suddenly the entire environment changes drastically. Not a big problem, a ton of games do this, but other Pokemon games tend to feel a little more natural in that respect.

- The introduction to the New Elders felt a little bit weak. I didn't really understand their purpose at all until nearly the very end of the game. I understood what they wanted to do but I felt like I had no idea why they were doing it. They mentioned "new world order" enough times, I just didn't know what they thought was wrong with the old one for the longest time.

- Speaking of the New Elders, I guess I was hoping that at some point I would see their base of operations. Maybe the Cold Storage in Atsail City was the extent of it, but I guess I hoped they had some major base of operations that the player would get to sneak into at some point like with many other evil teams. I felt like the final leg of the story with the series of battles against Eunice, Enoch, Ezekiel, and Morgana was nice (the back-to-back battle against Morgana and the titans was very nice, that felt appropriately challenging).

- Speaking of that back-to-back battle, it felt a little anti-climactic despite being challenging. As a player, I felt like I didn't have a lot of impact on the situation (in terms of storytelling). Realistically, Herschel saved the day and the player just bought time, which felt lame. I guess it just didn't have the impact of 'the final battle' with the antagonists. The gold standard of final encounters, to me, are N's Castle in B/W and the Distortion World in Platinum. Overall this was still fun and challenging and really well done. It was really compelling to play through.

- My absolute favorite thing about this hack was the number of secrets and the number of things to backtrack to later. All of the Strength rocks I couldn't push, the Rock Climb spots, and the waterfalls to climb were things I wanted to revisit ASAP. Honestly, I was ecstatic when I returned to the spot in Cosmic Cavern that needed Strength to get through and I encountered Deoxys. I think that captured the magic of the experience for me. I loved discovering new locations and secrets. The Hidden Grottoes and the Secret Temples were nice overall, but places like Emerald Peak and the cave in Cosmic Cavern were defining moments for my experience playing.

Bugs:

- Rayquaza's overworld sprite remained after I captured him. Interacting with that sprite crashed the game.

- My team registered into the Hall of Fame wrong. Chandelure, Yanmega, and Deoxys-Attack showed up as a question mark, a Caterpie, and a Mewtwo.

- The map glitched a lot during the credit roll. That's not a huge deal considering it's the credits though.

Overall, I absolutely loved playing through this hack. I can tell a lot of love went into the creation of Pokemon Gaia Version. I couldn't put it down after I picked it up. The problems I have with it are small nitpicks compared to the overall very positive feel of the whole game. I will genuinely look forward to V4. Excellent job.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
i have some doubts, help pls

1. There is a way to get Charizardite Y in game? I recieve wartotle+blastoisite because my initial choose but i crash an Fire Super Egg and now i have a Charizard.

2. Where is Galladite?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 4, 2022
When all of my Pokemon faint and I'll whiteout, It get rids of all of my money. Why is that?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 7, 2019
can someone help me i am trying to pay on a mac and i did everything as instructed by when i launch the game in openemu its a video and i cant start the game i tried to click literally every button and nothing

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
can someone help me i am trying to pay on a mac and i did everything as instructed by when i launch the game in openemu its a video and i cant start the game i tried to click literally every button and nothing

Try with VBA-M.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 14, 2019
First of all, thank Spherical Ice and everyone who helped in the making of this project so much for this amazing experience, I had such a good time with Gaia that I had to create an account here just to praise it. It had been a while ever since I played a Pokemon from start to finish without going full turbo mode, but I never felt the urge to use it with Gaia outside of skipping random encounters.

The story, outside of a few points regarding the New Elders motivations, that I felt were a bit rushed/not explored enough, which have already been pointed out in this thread, was engaging and the way the tone was handled reminded me of the mainline Pokémon games, really well done. The overworld is a thing of beauty and the way secrets are scattered throughout it was also something I really liked, making me actually interested in backtracking to find stuff previously locked by HMs and the like.

One thing that got me worried was the difficulty curve of the game. Even though there were some moments that felt challenging at first, those were mostly due to the element of surprise (the last battle against the Rival and Morgana's last stand come to mind), overall the game felt way too easy. Mind you, I only did one playthrough and it was a Normal-type only run (with the exception of Umbreon which I decided to keep for roleplaying reasons), so while I believe this should've also contributed to making the game harder than if I played normally, maybe my team was overleveled compared to what you expected when developing the game. I did no grinding though, so I find it hard to be the case.

I'd also claim the Battle Marsh is not well balanced for end game mons with proper movesets and training, it was real easy all the way up to the 20th battle (I believe) against Iris, in which I got a game breakingbug. Right after she mega evolved her Gengar, the game got stuck during my Staraptor's Brave Bird animation and never went back to normal. Since I don't have a discord account I apologize beforehand if this has already been reported, I couldn't check. I'll do another run later though, I really want to get to 100 wins.
Pic related:
EXkQoj7.jpg

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been playing this hack for the past few days (love it!) and I've noticed an issue that seems consistent.

On the turn that an opponent's pokemon mega-evolves, my pokemon's attack targets itself instead of the opponent. This happened against the Nurse's mega-Audino, and Will's mega-Slowbro. On the poison gym leader's Venusaur I switched out on the turn that it mega-evolved so I don't know if it would have happened or not. I've only reached Will so far so I have no more examples to test as yet. Is this a regular issue? Or am I missing something?

Additionally, when my Scrafty is in battle and the opponent mega-evolves, Scrafty's Intimidate triggers on the mega-evolved pokemon. This is the first game I've played with mega-evolution so I don't know if this is standard or not, but it seems weird.

Sorry if these things are already reported, I haven't browsed extensively.

Cheers, and thanks again for the amazing hack!

I've encountered both of these too more than once during my playthrough.

Anyways, thanks again for making this, here are some pics of my HoF team (Boufallant transformed into a Spinarak for some reason but whatever). Great rom-hack, Belly Drum Linoone OP, Loamas best town. Peace.

CvvtEht.jpg
oel0pUo.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2019
I have a sliggoo which i desire to evolve. Naturally i understood that i would have to level her up in the marsh, but i have encountered a problem. It isnt raining in the marsh anymore, attempting to change the clock on my computer has not worked either. any feedback would be appreciated :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
I have a sliggoo which i desire to evolve. Naturally i understood that i would have to level her up in the marsh, but i have encountered a problem. It isnt raining in the marsh anymore, attempting to change the clock on my computer has not worked either. any feedback would be appreciated :/

you can evolve sliggoo at valoon way (west of valoon town)
50192611_2246729708691336_4849713788871507968_n.jpg

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 14, 2019
Just a heads up: the way Trick currently works in the game makes the item switch permanent, I'm doing a Battle Marsh run right now and my Linoone's leftovers got switched with the choice specs from an Alakazam, and it's carried over for the next battles.

Years
Well made hack, Spherical Ice! By the looks of your screenshots/features this is going to be super fun to play, now that the main story is complete!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2019
Here was my team after the champion. Great ROM hack! Loved every minute of it!

Attachments

• PokemonGaiaTeam.png
    PokemonGaiaTeam.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 85
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 4, 2019
A fews questions:
-Are u going to add new animations for newer attacks?
-Can we go to Katosurf town and Ovarr island in v3?
-Are u planning to add 6x6 fights in Battle Marsh?
-Beta v4 will be Final version of this hack?

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2019
One of the best roms I ever played, only weakness being that its a bit easy.

Nine years after registering this rom compelled my first post. ;-)

Last edited:
Back