• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports World Cup

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
So the results are in: Sweden won 1-0 against South Korea thanks to the penalty decided by the VAR (Video Assistant Referee). I think South Korea would still have a chance if they didn't commit a foul spotted by the VAR, but if it comes to stamina, it seems that Sweden have a bit more of it from what I've seen in the match. I was tad bit disappointed when knowing Zlatan was not in, though.

Even though I won't be seeing the match of England vs Tunisia because it's past midnight in my timezone, I hope the best for England on this.

Last edited:
Years
I knew the Sweden vs South Korea was going to be interesting, but well done to the Swedes, even showing what they could do in a post-Ibrahimovic era.

Currently watching Belgium vs Panama. 35 minutes in and still 0-0 as of when I posted. I feel the Belgians will get away here, but Panama is actually putting in some effort so I definitely can't write them off yet.

Last edited:
Years
And now we get a goal!

Dries Mertens scores to give Belgium a 1-0 lead over Panama.

Edit: Romelu Lukaku has scored another goal, extending Belgium to a 2-0 lead with 20 minutes remaining.

Another edit: And Lukaku scores again! 3-0 lead for Belgium!

Last edited:
Years
Group H will next be starting their campaign today, with Colombia vs Japan and Poland vs Senegal. Group A also start their second round, with Russia going against Egypt.

As much as I want to support the Blue Samurai and their culture, I feel Colombia are probably going to get it. They didn't make the 2014 quarter-finals for nothing!

I didn't watch England and Tunisia, but well done to England!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm late to the conversation. It is definitely worth waking up early to watch the world cup.

I am rooting for my native Mexico. I love the team they have, especially my boys Guillermo "Memo" Ochoa, Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez, and Andres Guardado. I'm also happy that our first timer Hirving aka "Chucky" Lozano scored against the reigning champions Germany, in which Mexico has made significant history by beating a world champion!

However...the coach. Who the hell hired that guy?

As for the others, I got Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Luis Suarez, and Lionel Messi on my shitlist, because they are just awful. Neymar needs to actually play and not create a ton of intentional fouls, and Messi needs to retire already. This is not the world cup for him anymore.

I'm actually looking forward to Russia playing again. I hope Mo Salah of Egypt is recovered by then, Egypt could really use him now!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Kdrt2TN.png

That is all.

Anywho, my home country is so shit at actual football that we made up our own football, so I don't feel obligated to be patriotic! So, we're rooting for Iceland because Iceland, Croatia because they have the coolest kit in the tournament and I will fight you on this, and Switzerland because all the Swiss people I met on my trip there in March were super nice. And also England.

also going to be up early tomorrow hopefully to cheer on Samurai Blue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Group H will next be starting their campaign today, with Colombia vs Japan and Poland vs Senegal. Group A also start their second round, with Russia going against Egypt.

As much as I want to support the Blue Samurai and their culture, I feel Colombia are probably going to get it. They didn't make the 2014 quarter-finals for nothing!

I am supporting Japan as well, I love their culturre, but sadly I feel Colombia are going to get it as well.

I didn't watch England and Tunisia, but well done to England!

Thanks, it was a great win for England.

Years
Kdrt2TN.png

That is all.

Anywho, my home country is so shit at actual football that we made up our own football, so I don't feel obligated to be patriotic! So, we're rooting for Iceland because Iceland, Croatia because they have the coolest kit in the tournament and I will fight you on this, and Switzerland because all the Swiss people I met on my trip there in March were super nice. And also England.

also going to be up early tomorrow hopefully to cheer on Samurai Blue.

I do believe Iceland will be a team to watch. Besides, that clapping chant is something epic.

Years
Watching Colombia vs Japan right now, and it's going the total opposite of what I expected, with the Blue Samurai having a 2-1 lead.

Might plan to see Poland vs Senegal after this, especially with how tough Senegal were during their qualification stages.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I don't get the love for Nigeria's Home Kit. It looks far too busy. Just because it's different doesn't make it good.

The Away Kit in all dark green does look very nice though and may be the best looking kit in the tournament.

I've only watched three games in the tournament. England's win, Iran's win and Nigeria's loss.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Japan 2, Colombia 1

That was an awful showing from Japan though, considering they were a man up the entire game.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Japan would still do it brilliantly, even though their performances were kinda sloppy on the first half, besides of that stunning penalty very early in the game. Now on to Poland vs Senegal!

Last edited:
Back