• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.

013.png
646.gif
013.png

Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31
Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor​
Congrats. Kyurem is my fav <3

Can someone clarify this one as well (make it easier to understand)? Thanks and I'm sure you'll just ask me to see the page saying this again.
If this is your attitude then don't bother to come here to ask for help again. Do you know how many times we have to read the guide before we ask others for help?

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
RGF, the easiest way to find your calibrated delay is to enter 500 (HGSS) or 600 (DPPT) and then adjust your timer by typing in the delay hit box the the delay that you actually hit. Then, hit update. It will change your calibrated delay. Keep doing this until you are 2-6 delay off of your target and then you should eventually get it. I don't know what to do about the "fluctuating second" since I've never actually tried that.

For 5th gen wondercards, just go to the E4 Pokemon Center. Then, you start with the initial PIDRNG frame that RNG reporter gives you (will be correct 99% of the time if you go to the E4 Pokemon Center). Then just chatter to your target.

Challlenge #4: RNG your favorite Pokemon of the fire type!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Okay then...I'll keep pretty much everything in mind. And okay. I should read the guide again to understand the things I have problems with? Is that actually it? Well, the guide may be a bit problematic to me, but I'll try. (I don't really know much on RNG)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Thats for everyone's help, particularly TwilightBlade. I realised where I was going wrong; i was trying to match the frame given on the Timefinder screen to one on the PIDRNG screen. i was following TBs guide that she posted in another thread but as that one was going off simply a normal wild encounter, I was going in blind.

However, I gave up on Zekrom because whatever I did, I just couldn't get it right. So I abandoned Zekrom and went straight onto the other stationary legendaries. I'm pleased to report I got:

Cobalion (Shiny, Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

on my first attempt. :D

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thats for everyone's help, particularly TwilightBlade. I realised where I was going wrong; i was trying to match the frame given on the Timefinder screen to one on the PIDRNG screen. i was following TBs guide that she posted in another thread but as that one was going off simply a normal wild encounter, I was going in blind.

However, I gave up on Zekrom because whatever I did, I just couldn't get it right. So I abandoned Zekrom and went straight onto the other stationary legendaries. I'm pleased to report I got:

Cobalion (Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

Congratulations! What a wonderful first RNG, if I may say so myself. I hope to see many more from you. Of course if you ever need more help feel free to ask.

Okay then...I'll keep pretty much everything in mind. And okay. I should read the guide again to understand the things I have problems with? Is that actually it? Well, the guide may be a bit problematic to me, but I'll try. (I don't really know much on RNG)

You just need to focus on one type of RNG and get it down. Right now you are way too broad which is what I think is confusing for you.

Last edited:

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Did the challenge! Not my all time favourite but still one of them.

136.png

Flareon
Guts|Adamant
31|31|31|6|31|31
Helping Hand|Curse|Wish|Yawn

And did this one (it's the same but w/e)

470.png

Leafeon
Chlorophyll|lvl 2.|Adamant
31|31|31|6|31|31
Helping Hand|Curse|Wish|Yawn

EDIT: They turned out to be off but I got them right now :)

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Here's my sexy challenge. Best fire type imo.

228.png
Houndour
luxury-ball.png
Male | Timid | Flash Fire | Lv.15
Howl | Ember | Smog | Roar
31 | 23 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP
electric.gif
70]

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Challenge complete. Chimchar is actually my second favorite fire type, but since I RNG'd Growlithe for the first challenge, I decided Chimchar would work just fine for this one.

004.png
390.gif
004.png

Chimchar
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Naive | Blaze | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Scratch | Leer | U-Turn | XXXX​

Nice Kyurem! I know what you mean, though... that catch rate of 3 is awful. I've had to restart many times due to being stubborn and wanting it in a certain ball!

EDIT: I've been a very busy, but naughty boy! Three more injected Wondercards. Next up is Deoxys-A. All are in 4th Gen.

016.png
251.png
016.png

Celebi ♁ Lv. 50
OT: WIN2011 | ID: 2211
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31, 8, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Not For Trade

016.png
385.png
016.png

Jirachi ♁ Lv. 5
OT: SMR2010 | ID: 6260
Nature: Careful
Ability: Serene Grace
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
Not For Trade

004.png
492.png
004.png

Shaymin ♁ Lv. 30
OT: Oblivia | ID: 3060
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31, 6, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Not For Trade

Thank you, but yeah, that catch rate can get very annoying. Love the Celebi and the Shaymin...they are two of the very few grass types that I actually like.

i'm gonna do Kyurem soon too, well after i finish my new game T.T
i want it shiny, that purple looks awesome, don't know what ball though, maybe another dive ball.

Thank you. Dive ball would be perfect for Kyurem, you should go for it. Hopefully you have better luck with the catch rate than I did. Took me forever.

Congrats. Kyurem is my fav <3

Thank you. Kyurem is my favorite 5th gen legendary for sure.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I completed my challenge with something you might not expect. I injected this into my Entralink Forest on my Black. :3

009.png
255.png
009.png

Torchic ♂ Lv. 10
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 29, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember
Not For Trade

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Congratulations! What a wonderful first RNG, if I may say so myself. I hope to see many more from you. Of course if you ever need more help feel free to ask.

Thank you once again; I've now added a 31/31/31/9/31/31 Jolly Shiny Terrakion to that Collection, and a Timid Shiny Virizion that, I can't remember the exact IVs, but they're all in the 30s and equate to Hidden power Rock 70. So really pleased with those. :D

Took me three tries to get the Virizion to appear, but terrakion was a first try again.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thank you once again; I've now added a 31/31/31/9/31/31 Jolly Shiny Terrakion to that Collection, and a Timid Shiny Virizion that, I can't remember the exact IVs, but they're all in the 30s and equate to Hidden power Rock 70. So really pleased with those. :D

Took me three tries to get the Virizion to appear, but terrakion was a first try again.

Wow that's great. Soon you'll move onto wild pokemon abuse and the sky's the limit from there!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

Cobalion (Shiny, Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

Hooray! Congrats on the other legends. See, it's not so hard once you figure out what you're doing. xD

Here's my sexy challenge. Best fire type imo.

228.png
Houndour
luxury-ball.png
Male | Timid | Flash Fire | Lv.15
Howl | Ember | Smog | Roar
31 | 23 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP
electric.gif
70]
Love this! I was thinking about how cool a Houndour in a Lux ball is the other day. :)

Here's what I've been working on recently in gen 5. Mienfoo was a BP. Pansage is for a St. Patrick's giveaway. Volcarona is for the fire challenge. I bought 65 Dive Balls and she got in the first one! teh bubbles!

619.gif
620.gif

Mienfoo ♀ ★
OT: Alice ID: 57098
Naive | Regenerator | Hidden Power
15.png

Pound | Baton Pass | Knock Off | Low Kick
31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31

511.gif
512.gif

Shamrock the Simisage ♂ ★
Timid | Gluttony | Hidden Power
15.png

Nasty Plot | Leaf Storm | Focus Blast | Hidden Power
31 | 22 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31

007.png
637.gif
007.png

Volcarona ♀
Timid | Flame Body | Hidden Power
15.png

Silver Wind | Quiver Dance | Heat Wave | Bug Buzz
31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Wow, this place has a lot of good RNG abuses...
I'd like to do one and I kinda understand now, but I need some aesthetic advice. I'd like to catch a Ditto...which ball should I use? Quick Ball or Great Ball? Or should I use another kind of ball?
Thanks!

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Wow, this place has a lot of good RNG abuses...
I'd like to do one and I kinda understand now, but I need some aesthetic advice. I'd like to catch a Ditto...which ball should I use? Quick Ball or Great Ball? Or should I use another kind of ball?
Thanks!
Pink Ditto = Heal Ball
Shiny Ditto = Dive Ball :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
... ... ...Pink Ditto? Ditto's purple. (What should I use?) And also...if I were to RNG abuse a Legendary Pokemon (this is actually an aesthetic issue again), should I just use a Master Ball? Or should I use other balls? Well, I prefer the Master Ball because I'm tired of catching Legendary Pokemon with other balls (unless if it has an effect that makes the catch rate higher). I already have 12 Master Balls ready for the legendary Pokemon!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
... ... ...Pink Ditto? Ditto's purple. (What should I use?) And also...if I were to RNG abuse a Legendary Pokemon (this is actually an aesthetic issue again), should I just use a Master Ball? Or should I use other balls? Well, I prefer the Master Ball because I'm tired of catching Legendary Pokemon with other balls (unless if it has an effect that makes the catch rate higher). I already have 12 Master Balls ready for the legendary Pokemon!

Using Master Balls on catch rate 3 legendaries is perfectly understandable, so just really do what you want. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that the challenges are optional... you shouldn't feel compelled to do them. If you are too busy, you don't have to do them. I understand completely. I don't want this pastime to feel like a job to anyone so if you cannot do a challenge, please don't feel down or anything. It's fine. We're here to have fun and I'm not interested in making anyone not have fun. I am open to suggestions for the club at all times (by PM if you'd prefer), so just keep that in mind. Please everyone, remember that this is fun. I apologize to all of you if I have pressured anyone into challenges and I will look towards a future will I will keep a closer eye on things like that.

Good luck and ultimately, have fun, because that's what this club is all about -- fun. :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
77.png
notshiny.png
#77 Ponyta ♀ Lv.10
009.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Naive - Flame Body
IVs:30/31/31/30/31/31
12.png

Thrash - Tackle - Tail Whip - Ember

Woo fire.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Using Master Balls on catch rate 3 legendaries is perfectly understandable, so just really do what you want. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that the challenges are optional... you shouldn't feel compelled to do them. If you are too busy, you don't have to do them. I understand completely. I don't want this pastime to feel like a job to anyone so if you cannot do a challenge, please don't feel down or anything. It's fine. We're here to have fun and I'm not interested in making anyone not have fun. I am open to suggestions for the club at all times (by PM if you'd prefer), so just keep that in mind. Please everyone, remember that this is fun. I apologize to all of you if I have pressured anyone into challenges and I will look towards a future will I will keep a closer eye on things like that.

Good luck and ultimately, have fun, because that's what this club is all about -- fun. :)
Catch rate 3 only? So...for Kyogre, you don't have to do so (its catch rate is 5)? Well, I think I still have to do so. Most legendary Pokemon are a pain in the neck...especially Roaming Legendary Pokemon! And anyways, Legendary Pokemon are pretty much powerful and the Master Ball suits their power...
And about RNG abuse...I understand the basics to doing Wild Pokemon RNG Abuse. It looks simple, but I could never do it right. The reason? Delays. Well, I kinda understand how to operate the timer now, but what you said about letting the timer update itself by inserting the delay you hit instead of the delay you were supposed to hit just got me a problem. How would you identify the delay you hit? If you use the Seed from Stats thing, well, it works...but it's a bit hard. You'd have to go to a location where you can easily catch a Level 50 and more Pokemon...it's hard to do so and I don't like using an AR. And also...in the Hours and Minutes part of the Seed from Stats thing, you'd put the time you started the game (or soft reset the game) into the Hours and Minutes part, right?

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Catch rate 3 only? So...for Kyogre, you don't have to do so (its catch rate is 5)? Well, I think I still have to do so. Most legendary Pokemon are a pain in the neck...especially Roaming Legendary Pokemon! And anyways, Legendary Pokemon are pretty much powerful and the Master Ball suits their power...
And about RNG abuse...I understand the basics to doing Wild Pokemon RNG Abuse. It looks simple, but I could never do it right. The reason? Delays. Well, I kinda understand how to operate the timer now, but what you said about letting the timer update itself by inserting the delay you hit instead of the delay you were supposed to hit just got me a problem. How would you identify the delay you hit? If you use the Seed from Stats thing, well, it works...but it's a bit hard. You'd have to go to a location where you can easily catch a Level 50 and more Pokemon...it's hard to do so and I don't like using an AR. And also...in the Hours and Minutes part of the Seed from Stats thing, you'd put the time you started the game (or soft reset the game) into the Hours and Minutes part, right?

Just use Master Balls on anything you want. It's what you want to do, not what everyone else wants to do. You identify the delay you hit by doing a series of 9 or 10 elm calls and using the "Search Elm" feature of Seed to Time. Are you using that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I did the challenge :3 Bred a Chimchar with 31/31/30/31/30/31, non shiny & male. :3 Chimchar is adorable, more so than most fire types, so it seems appropriate to me to be an entry for this challenge ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back