• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
VERY GOOD prologue!! now I want to play it even more than i already did.
Keep up the great work!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
VERY GOOD prologue!! now I want to play it even more than i already did.
Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks buddy! Evandor's is coming soon, I literally just have to tweak one more script and perfect one more map =)

~ A little preview!

LSxeCU6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi all! Here is an updated patch for Kala's Prologue, with any glitches hopefully fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fc8h1coo06f8uj2/PROLOGUE_-_KALA.ips

Good news is, I finished Evandor and Zhafira's prologues at last! I have sent copies of these to all of two people at the moment, so unless I hear of any enormous bugs, I will release them in the next few days. I have decided to cancel Anders' story as most of you know. I have had a few messages regarding the length/content of the demo; once again the purpose of me releasing these is mainly to set the scene and to gather opinions on which character story I should complete first. I also updated the screenshots in the thread. Thanks to everyone who downloaded!

Years
Hello Avaramoon,

I came across a bug/glitch which seems to be game breaking--since I'm stuck...

When you free the slaves and you head West of the camp there is a trench of some sort that you can hop over, but it only lets you hop over it again going West before locking you down in place (unfortunately I'm new and don't know how to upload the screen shot :/).

Other glitches:

When you receive the berry from the tree (in the courtyard), if you receive it before going to the arena--where the Phanpy battles are, it'll appear as if you don't have the berry unless you exit out completely onto the courtyard where the berry is (this can even happen up to twice)... not so much a game breaker there... obviously--just an annoying glitch... second if you take the berry and go back outside, it would appear as if the berry is still on the tree even though there are no other berries to take. Again, not really something to look into unless you would really like to (laugh out loud). Thirdly, when you head east from the camp, when you free the slaves, I hear the Unown appearing (when you go northeast) but they don't appear like in the scene when they spelled out "KEY". And lastly, after you ask the slaves if they're going to join you or not, the screen gets stuck between the chapter 1 and chapter 2 black screen--with your character (Kala) being able to walk around it. Also, the music changed to that of when Nidorino and Gengar are battling before the title screen before cutting out completely. Thanks! And I'll continue to be on the lookout for more glitches.

PS: I just want to help you make this game as awesome as your 1st hack. Also, I hope we don't stress you out, and you should take as much time as you need. I'm not rushing you! :P

Hope you get it sorted out, and I can't wait to see where this game is going! Very excited for this!

-Pokeboy777

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, all! I have released Evandor's Prologue and also uploaded a replacement patch for Kala's which hopefully cleared up any minor glitches. Enjoy!

~ Avaramoon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello Avaramoon,

I came across a bug/glitch which seems to be game breaking--since I'm stuck...

When you free the slaves and you head West of the camp there is a trench of some sort that you can hop over, but it only lets you hop over it again going West before locking you down in place (unfortunately I'm new and don't know how to upload the screen shot :/).

Other glitches:

When you receive the berry from the tree (in the courtyard), if you receive it before going to the arena--where the Phanpy battles are, it'll appear as if you don't have the berry unless you exit out completely onto the courtyard where the berry is (this can even happen up to twice)... not so much a game breaker there... obviously--just an annoying glitch... second if you take the berry and go back outside, it would appear as if the berry is still on the tree even though there are no other berries to take. Again, not really something to look into unless you would really like to (laugh out loud). Thirdly, when you head east from the camp, when you free the slaves, I hear the Unown appearing (when you go northeast) but they don't appear like in the scene when they spelled out "KEY". And lastly, after you ask the slaves if they're going to join you or not, the screen gets stuck between the chapter 1 and chapter 2 black screen--with your character (Kala) being able to walk around it. Also, the music changed to that of when Nidorino and Gengar are battling before the title screen before cutting out completely. Thanks! And I'll continue to be on the lookout for more glitches.

PS: I just want to help you make this game as awesome as your 1st hack. Also, I hope we don't stress you out, and you should take as much time as you need. I'm not rushing you! :P

Hope you get it sorted out, and I can't wait to see where this game is going! Very excited for this!

-Pokeboy777

Thanks a lot for letting me know about these issues, I've uploaded a replacement patch which will hopefully iron those errors out =)

A great prologue a recurring issue I find is that the sprite of the character keeps changing

Reasons for this are listed in the main post. =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Zhafira's prologue is now available to download on the main thread post! Now that this final insight into the story's beginning is released, I think it will be a lot more obvious how the story is going to play out. If you've played them all, please leave a comment letting me know which character's story I should prioritise for a beta first, the character with the most nominations is the one I will work on! =)

Years
I haven't played this yet, but I think this sounds like an impressive twist to the classic gameplay, literally taking out the "gotta catch 'em all" part of the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I haven't played this yet, but I think this sounds like an impressive twist to the classic gameplay, literally taking out the "gotta catch 'em all" part of the game.

Thanks buddy! It's got a long way to go yet and I'm sure a lot of people won't play it for this exact reason, but I hope I can make it work the way I want it to and still somehow keep people happy =P

How long is the prologue in terms of hours? :)

In all honesty it's more like minutes than hours; I don't time my beta test playthroughs because I literally only test the important scripts and maps, but I could make an estimated guess that they're around twenty minutes long each. The prologues aren't really demos as such but more of a way to show what the game will be like in the future!

---

I have created a poll on the main thread; if you've taken the time to play through all three then please vote and say which one you enjoyed the most! Whichever two characters get the least votes are the ones I will stop development for, and the one with the most votes is the one I will release first. Thanks to anyone and everyone who has downloaded =)

Years
Hi Avaramoon,

Kala's prologue looked awesome, just a quick note: When you have to pick the berry for Phanpy is still a bit (glitchy). Meaning, I still have to exit and re-exit the castle after i picked the sitrus berry several times for it to finally be able to allow me to give it the berry.

In addition, I think the addition of the Mankey and extra-slaves was a great addition, really gives it a nice tone to the setup.

I'm also unsure as to when Entei appears if the Unown are supposed to appear like when they spelled KEY, or whether it's just the sound. Thanks! And I hope to see more!

I'll be sure to check out the other stories and let you know of anything I notices (Bugs, Glitches, etc.)

Update: Alright, I just played Evandor's and Zharifa's, and Evandors seems all good and what not (with the exception of random character sprites that don't do anything). In Zharifa's, however, there is a bug--game breaker--where if you re-enter the "Rayquaza Temple," and you go all the way up; you battle some scientist with level 20-something Pokemon. My only concern with both Evandor's and Zharifa, was determining what exactly i had to do (but that's more of a "go and explore on your own" kinda thing). Keep up the good work Avaramoon. We're all behind you!

-Pokeboy777

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi Avaramoon,

Kala's prologue looked awesome, just a quick note: When you have to pick the berry for Phanpy is still a bit (glitchy). Meaning, I still have to exit and re-exit the castle after i picked the sitrus berry several times for it to finally be able to allow me to give it the berry.

In addition, I think the addition of the Mankey and extra-slaves was a great addition, really gives it a nice tone to the setup.

I'm also unsure as to when Entei appears if the Unown are supposed to appear like when they spelled KEY, or whether it's just the sound. Thanks! And I hope to see more!

I'll be sure to check out the other stories and let you know of anything I notices (Bugs, TGlitches, etc.)

Update: Alright, I just played Evandor's and Zharifa's, and Evandors seems all good and what not (with the exception of random character sprites that don't do anything). In Zharifa's, however, there is a bug--game breaker--where if you re-enter the "Rayquaza Temple," and you go all the way up; you battle some scientist with level 20-something Pokemon. My only concern with both Evandor's and Zharifa, was determining what exactly i had to do (but that's more of a "go and explore on your own" kinda thing). Keep up the good work Avaramoon. We're all behind you!

-Pokeboy777

Thank you for pointing these out, I appreciate it! I'll update Zhafira's patch to fix the gamebreaker so that's on the main thread now. Yeah when I get the Journal item fully implemented you'll have that as a sort of reference if you're lost, but I'm hoping to keep it really basic so that it's not totally spelling everything out lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey all! Small little update, but I've FINALLY learned how to edit item images, so they are now inserted into the game. I will update the patches soon to reflect these changes =) Next stop, edit bag palette... *hunts for offsets*

Dk5d9Ex.png
gvjFImA.png
j1elHh1.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Really loved Kala's one. I asume she will start with Entei. Also when playing as Khala or Zhafira sometimes when I exit a building envador appears riding a pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back