• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Emerald Hoenn Dex

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2022
i wanted to ask if there is a list with the hoen dex entries offsets, those are the only i know
treeko 31DFB8
grovyle 31DFBA
sceptile 31DFBC
torchic 31DFBE
but where i find the others?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
i wanted to ask if there is a list with the hoen dex entries offsets, those are the only i know
treeko 31DFB8
grovyle 31DFBA
sceptile 31DFBC
torchic 31DFBE
but where i find the others?

Just from looking at the offsets you've specified it looks like each entry offset is two bytes apart. (Which seems kinda weird to me since a pointer is 4 bytes not 2, but I haven't really learned about dex hacking so the system might be using these bytes in a special way. Hope you know what you're doing.)

Anyways, looks like you can just add 2 (in hex) to your offset for every pokemon. For example, Combusken would be 31DFC0, Blaziken would be 31DFC2, Mudkip would be 31DFC4, etc. Programmer's calculator such as the one in XSE will help if you are not comfortable with doing math in hex.

This is just educated speculation, though; I don't take responsibility for any advice I give. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2022
Just from looking at the offsets you've specified it looks like each entry offset is two bytes apart. (Which seems kinda weird to me since a pointer is 4 bytes not 2, but I haven't really learned about dex hacking so the system might be using these bytes in a special way. Hope you know what you're doing.)

Anyways, looks like you can just add 2 (in hex) to your offset for every pokemon. For example, Combusken would be 31DFC0, Blaziken would be 31DFC2, Mudkip would be 31DFC4, etc. Programmer's calculator such as the one in XSE will help if you are not comfortable with doing math in hex.

This is just educated speculation, though; I don't take responsibility for any advice I give. Best of luck.

well as you can see if Combusken would be 31DFC0 then the byte should be 100(256) but the fact that it isnt means that those bytes are elsewhere, you dont really think i would ask if it were as easy as that do you?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
You dont really think i would ask if it were as easy as that do you?

All right, beyotch. You wanna play that way?

First of all: EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS. Good luck trying to find decent help with that attitude.

Second of all, put on your old-man reading glasses why dontcha:

This is just educated speculation, though; I don't take responsibility for any advice I give.

Third of all, I already voiced my opinion that I found it strange that your supposed offsets were only 2 bytes long. I gave the benefit of the doubt since it at least sounded like you knew what you were doing. NEWS FLASH. Your offsets are WRONG. Use a Pok?dex editor instead of trashing people who are trying to help you.

Best of luck. <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2022
All right, beyotch. You wanna play that way?

First of all: EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS. Good luck trying to find decent help with that attitude.

Second of all, put on your old-man reading glasses why dontcha:

Third of all, I already voiced my opinion that I found it strange that your supposed offsets were only 2 bytes long. I gave the benefit of the doubt since it at least sounded like you knew what you were doing. NEWS FLASH. Your offsets are WRONG. Use a Pok?dex editor instead of trashing people who are trying to help you.

Best of luck. <3 <3 <3

well honey lets look at it
FC = treeko
00 FD = grovyle
00 FE = screptile
00 FF = torchic
FC 00 FD 00 FE 00 FF 00 00
the point is instead of 00 00 it should be 01 00 for chumbasken no?
FC 00 FD 00 FE 00 FF 00 00 01 01 01 02 01 03
as you can see 01 00 is skipped and it continues with 01 01 why that?
where is chumbasken?
also thank you very much for your help <3<3<3xoxoxo

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
FC = treeko
00 FD = grovyle
00 FE = screptile
00 FF = torchic
where is chumbasken?

Have you considered the fact that pointers are 4 bytes long?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
well honey lets look at it
FC = treeko
00 FD = grovyle
00 FE = screptile
00 FF = torchic
where is chumbasken?
also thank you very much for your help <3<3<3xoxoxo

All that's happening here is the species IDs are little endian (i.e. the bytes are reversed).
So to clarify, Treecko isn't just that first 0xFC, it's FC 00 (which would be reversed to 00 FC). Then you have:

FD 00 = Grovyle
FE 00 = Sceptile
FF 00 = Torchic
00 01 = Combusken
01 01 = Blaziken
02 01 = Mudkip

... and so on. Hope that helps!

Back