• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
And what do you mean by the E4 rooms will be definitive in B4, but not in the final version of the game? I'm lost about that.

I think zel meant that he is not sure how he wants the rooms to be like how it is, for B5, even though we knew he hates revamping tiles, he always ends up with changing the tiles. :P
Im not totally sure how he meant it though.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I dont think zel needs to answer this post,

The reason for the trainer names, is because those are the only trainers your going to be able to rebattle them after with them once. Please read the FIRST POST.
Well, this is what I get for not using the search function... Sorry, next time, I'll try to look through all hundred-and-some-odd pages...[/sarcasm]
On a less sarcastic note, I'm impressed with the hack, and I hope to see this finished. 2nd gen was my favorite set, and I'm glad someone's not giving up on a G/S remake. Thank you, Zel!

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Wow your a amazing hacker.I would vote for your hack for hack of the year if I knew how to.

Years
W00t! 100pages!! Also, i dont recognise the music in ecruteak city, where is it from?
That trainer building in viridian would make a great place for making a place to train against pogeys your level?
Like a battle tower where you can gain experience.
Just a suggestion. Also,i think the Exclamation marks (!) at the end of names are space fillers and the "/trainer1/" or whatever is possibly just a place holder untill zel names them. Not 100% sure, but it doesnt really effect gameplay.

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Also,i think the Exclamation marks (!) at the end of names are space fillers and the "/trainer1/" or whatever is possibly just a place holder untill zel names them. Not 100% sure, but it doesnt really effect gameplay.
If you'd read the FAQ, you'd know that they show what zel has editted. I for one have figured out that the trainers with a "!" are trainers you only fight once while the "x trainer/y" trainers are rematches.

Zel, keep up the good work and give us something awesome when you come back. Good luck on your studies! I hope you get awesome grades! ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
Whenever I save the game, exit the game, and load up the rom again, it says my save file has been deleted. :( I was doing good as well. Why did that happen???

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
Years
  • Age 115
  • I
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Whenever I save the game, exit the game, and load up the rom again, it says my save file has been deleted. :( I was doing good as well. Why did that happen???

A simmilar thing happens to me except it says the previous save file will be loaded and it loads to where it should, it happens everytime.
Edit: W00T! 100th page!

Zowayix

hi
Years
every time I save, it says save error, and when I go to the title screen, press start, it says
"the 1MB sub-circuit board is not installed" then takes me to Professor Oak's talk at the start of game!
I have to use savestates to save, but this means I'll never get past the E4 because after that you get sent to the title screen... :(

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
Years
  • Age 115
  • I
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Did you get a save patch with your rom?
If you did get a clean FR and patch it with the save patch and SG. That worked for me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2007
This Pokemon game is the best!
Right now I try to evolve my pokemons and then fight xD
not useng cheats is hard o.o
And i hope i didnt spend my money on some kind junk that will error so much :P
Well i get some errors @_@ and the girl sprite stinks ><

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
every time I save, it says save error, and when I go to the title screen, press start, it says
"the 1MB sub-circuit board is not installed" then takes me to Professor Oak's talk at the start of game!
I have to use savestates to save, but this means I'll never get past the E4 because after that you get sent to the title screen... :(

Go to Options > emulator > save type, and if flash 128k is not ticked, tick it, then restart your emulator

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Page 100 ShinyGold rules!How many areas do you think you'll have when your done?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
This Pokemon game is the best!
Right now I try to evolve my pokemons and then fight xD
not useng cheats is hard o.o
And i hope i didnt spend my money on some kind junk that will error so much :P
Well i get some errors @_@ and the girl sprite stinks ><

Are you saying you payed for this game?:shocked: Because if you did you have been ripped off. This is a free game and is not made to be played on a game boy advance/ds it was made for an emulator or flash cartridge.

Zowayix

hi
Years
It worked! cgnius thank you SO much, what I used to do was set the thing to flash 128k, then try to save w/o restarting and it didn't work! THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: But doing this doesn't work on my unpatched firered rom... does anyone know how to fix that too?

EDIT #2: shoot! for some reason it just stopped working on shiny gold!
Argh! Cazcuro, could you tell me where to download the save patch?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2007
That's right, just to show how each rom hacker works their games in their own way. I give gameplay top priority so that's why I won't care (too much) about graphics. I'll use custom tiles till I get a bit ahead in the game, and try spriting a bit (when needed).

I remembered I said (before my thread dissapeared) that this will be a FR hack. I cant and I wont start it on Emerald (even though it has so many advantages), cause it would mean losing a lot of work. I also said perhaps in the future I could create Crystal on Emerald. And, I also said that there's people recreating Gold (or their families) on Emerald, so give your support to them as well!

For my hero overworld... Do you think it should be changed? (perhaps a little poll for later?). Well, since I only think about scripting and more scripting, I won't ask for anything graphics related. I just want Thursday to come, so I can get back to work, I only have Route 37 left.

Well, since I got a bit of time, here they are, a few new screenshots:
image25dx7.png
image26tt4.png
image27kx7.png
image28xs4.png
image29ek9.png
image30mm9.png

As you can see, I reached Azalea with my screenshots, I have a few left, but not so many.
Why can't I enter the Ice path in Pokemon Shiny Gold?

Zowayix

hi
Years
you can't enter the ice path in shiny gold version 3.5 yet. Wait for beta4 to come out.
and someone PLEASE tell me where to download a save patch for pkmn firered.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Beta 4 won't be out for a while. I think it's going to have the 8 Johto badges obtainable, the E4 will be beatable, and you will be able to get 3 Kanto badges. I can't wait for B4, even if it's gonna come out in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back