• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zeffy's Tips & Tricks

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

[SIZE=+2]Navigation

[h3][/h3]
  • [alink id="amap"]Advance Map Tricks[/alink id]
  • [alink id="xse"]eXtreme Script Editor Tricks[/alink id]
  • [alink id="script"]XSE Scripting Tricks[/alink id]

Zeffy's Tip and Tricks

Hello everyone, I'm Zeffy and this is my first ever tutorial so if I have any mistakes please notify me. Thanks.

[a id]amap[/a id]

Advance Map Tricks

In this tutorial, I'll show you how to choose your defined script editor in Advance Map. Its quite easy really.

First, open Advance Map and load your ROM. Then go to settings, located right here:
Spoiler:

First time visiting this tab? No problem, just click it and go to "Choose Script Editor" just like this:
Spoiler:

Then, in the pop up box choose your script editor. I use XSE in this tutorial.
Spoiler:

Click "Open" and this should pop up:
Spoiler:

It doesn't really matter what option you choose, but choose yes for the sake of this tutorial.

There you go! You can now open scripts in the ROM via Advance Map. Try it by clicking an OW in the events tab and select "Open Script".

[a id]xse[/a id]

eXtreme Script Editor Tricks

In this tutorial, I'll show you how to open FSF (Free Space Finder) and A-Trainer during scripting. :D

In just 2 easy steps:

First, put XSE, FSF and A-Trainer in one folder. My folder looks like this:
Spoiler:

Then, open XSE and go to "Tools" and new options should show up.
Spoiler:

There you go! You can now open FSF and A-Trainer in one application! Neat, isn't it?

[a id]script[/a id]

Scripting Tricks

[SIZE=+3]#1[/SIZE]
Spoiler:

[size=+2]#2 & #3[/size]

[SIZE=+2]Thank you for reading![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This seems very useful, especially for those who have just started out.
Thank you. :3

Of course yes. I'm trying to make this tutorial as newbie friendly as possible. I'm thinking of adding more scripting tips. :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Here's an idea. Teach them about how you don't need FSF for scripting and how to use the std-.rbh files.
Its already included in XSE's built in guide, isn't it?

EDIT: I read through XSE's built in guide, and I didn't saw it. I'll be doing a tutorial of that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Here's an idea. Teach them about how you don't need FSF for scripting and how to use the std-.rbh files.

Umm..like search free space with a hex editor?
How to use the .rbh files is included in the in-built guide.
It's looking good Zeffy, I hope you add more n__n

Years
well,this is a good tutorial indeed. I think it will help newbies. btw, I think you should update Script part. I think you should add Apply movement, Giving starter with Pokedex, rival battle etc. good luck

Years
er...dude, thats called a scripting tutorial -.- ...
u should read one some time.

I know that but as She was helping with some script I thought that might come in handy for noobs. Btw, script thread didn't show us that king of script. I mean they only teach us the main comand of scripting. Some people find those tutorial very hard and Asking people to help them with scripting{Like I did when I can't script}. So I ask her to do that.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

I know that but as She was helping with some script I thought that might come in handy for noobs. Btw, script thread didn't show us that king of script. I mean they only teach us the main comand of scripting. Some people find those tutorial very hard and Asking people to help them with scripting{Like I did when I can't script}. So I ask her to do that.

My suggestion for that is to read the guide that comes with XSE. It pretty much explains the basics of XSE scripting. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The disappearing sprite script is one of the many scripts that confuse me. Thank you for putting that up there; it helps a lot more.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hey, look more Scripting tips!

~ both were requested by Tropical Sunlight.

[size=+2]#2

Spoiler:

[size=+2]#3[/size]
Spoiler:
[/SIZE]

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
That's exactly what I meant :D
Good job Zeffy.

Also, it should be easier for people to view Scripting Tips #2 and #3 on the first post.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That's exactly what I meant :D
Good job Zeffy.

Also, it should be easier for people to view Scripting Tips #2 and #3 on the first post.

But of course! :D

I linked it on the first post because too much spoilers can make spoilers not show up. :)

Thanks, glad to be of service.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I have two questions for script #3:

1) What is 0xA?
2) How do you know it's going to be a Lv. 10 Deoxys, if you never even put the level down in any of the 0x0's?

I hope the second question I asked made sense...

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I have two questions for script #3:

1) What is 0xA?
2) How do you know it's going to be a Lv. 10 Deoxys, if you never even put the level down in any of the 0x0's?

I hope the second question I asked made sense...

0xA is 10 in hex. Hex is different from the regular numbering system because it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F in order. Its difficult to grasp, but basically it is hexadecimal system so it has 15 number/letters to use, so there can be more combinations of numbers/letters, like 1A or 23E or something. So when he put 0xA it was telling it to put Deoxys as level 10 because it recognized A as 10.

Back