• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Intro
This thread is created to serve as a resource for hackers that want to have accurate overworld sprites for all trainer sprites in Fire Red. Besides the Fire Red overworld sprites, this resource also contains some Anime overworld sprites. All overworld sprites for trainers that are originally used in Fire Red are completed. There are trainer sprites from Emerald available in Fire Red as well (Like the Hex Maniac, Guitarist, etc). Those sprites are not completed (yet), but may eventually be added.

Note that these overworld sprites do not (all) fit in the default palettes of Fire Red, so using Navenatox Dynamic Overworld Palettes Patch is a requirement to use all of them.

You're free to use any of these sprites in your hack, that's the whole purpose of this resource. Be sure to give proper credit though. If you think your self-made overworld sprite should be added to this resource (Or you improved a completed one), give me a message or reply in this thread. Be sure they are: Good Quality, Fire Red Style and Properly Indexed. Properly indexed doesn't only mean that the sprite has 16 colors, but a proper sequence of colors as well. That way they are easier to edit.

Completed Overworlds
Accurate Fire Red Overworld Sprites
8JblROJ.png
RKYy8sk.png

wcltZzB.png
CTrseLE.png
nIhZwdU.png

6wgbfhY.png
YVEvo9E.png
cS07gMb.png

AZuTpf3.png
jMWAQMp.png
dmt1aP0.png

I6mNTcv.png
iStJHD5.png
lyrSETS.png

SYuv84g.png
wGvZg49.png
mrNVrdU.png

3LipakA.png
cmFLwD5.png
DKNp7Uz.png

QaPVSXF.png
iGhBQZF.png
DNneRcN.png

6N6SZDu.png
oVYXEn4.png
uSu6ttR.png

Gwehy1N.png
Q6D6m20.png
t5c9Zdc.png

wsjTyMS.png
vSBwjNI.png
LEq8UUe.png

Bve1wDd.png
y8RdtLP.png
y09OfJ8.png

3LDQx39.png
GSUuQWU.png
KSNf2G8.png

ZvvxWIF.png
gKeVlOJ.png
gkuwYBc.png

mYIQ2vS.png
0zdfSDS.png
nXYc9Ck.png

qyOKRDB.png
3igPujx.png
thl8A1l.png

8DPvWpU.png
6jjgKHu.png
6C2mvHY.png

fWILOPj.png
gXEj2mi.png
XeCZKdS.png

CRr6BZ6.png
K7D6m3Q.png

1AHiT3s.png
ZSG9ZK7.png

Anime Overworld Sprites
EyGXgC2.png
ZeitND6.png
jgHw5ns.png

6HIHHAj.png
QaQmeHR.png
NLEF1C1.png

0TjmBqi.png
Ecd8VYK.png
S7jy03Q.png

LJRdT9D.png
qM5JIM4.png
4itzdw4.png

Qr5o5fH.png
pKcy8lP.png
vVAXWCc.png

8u0hbWD.png
lppbEMy.png
wI4SDCF.png

hVJX4cW.png
9JNzNmV.png
vL7nU1v.png

GFd7pTy.png
5l3pA1S.png
FYxMDsa.png

NURyVha.png
3f2CUCz.png
J8rZ5lX.png

vRBrVea.png
yu2mGVH.png
kZri6eC.png

DHeYBa8.png
X0vqNGe.png
ql08fql.png

8dGjFN4.png
2DQ0vsC.png
c231fkG.png

u6cssHc.png
Tp4YsLY.png
qdxKz8y.png

ZTJiJRf.png
VGk997Q.png
3h0SdJd.png

PlYDQL5.png
APLFXb1.png
6F0xQ4W.png

xNx4IE9.png
CTsBwXd.png
eJD1LcB.png

Jqhn6lP.png
cil1d7g.png
JYe2XaB.png

HzZNYUC.png
XXIy293.png
YXte1EN.png

oVTuNkb.png
xfWX6nJ.png
hkaudmF.png

V514duY.png
mhZqBgk.png
L7VAbq3.png

cIdaaiF.png
war66ya.png
jIRUMgP.png

xFTQS4M.png
Dp1n3Sg.png
Pi3fDpA.png

cxuUTih.png
22TRlHN.png
Z5SRVpl.png

Credit
Avatar: Psychic (Male), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
Aveontrainer: Lass, a lot of bases for Emerald's Overworld Sprites
Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokemon Breeder, Psychic (Female), Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, All Anime Sprites
MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
Pokesho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@Delta
Nice! I guess that would be a good idea to merge them together instead of making seperate threads;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Bumping this thread because I just added a few Accurate Fire Red Overworlds that have been edited to align the sidesprite with its front sprite (Tamer, Juggler and Rocker). In other news: All overworld sprites that were on my list are completed! Only a number of Emerald sprites are not completed yet, but I think I'll leave that for someone else.

Years
Let's bump it again. I made some minor tweaks to the male psychic OW, and I redid the female.

The palette should be the same as before, in both images.
09lFwaq.png

skEyVp3.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Like what you did to the female's hair;)
I'll add them to the thread, thanks!

Years
I made a new Cue Ball, one that should be closer to what the actual trainer sprite looks like. It's based on the Procyon/Deneb OW sprite.
I also found an old Rich Boy OW that I made, and retouched to where I felt satisfied with it. Both sheets should be properly indexed, though I suggest you double check before using either of these.

DW8RMMG.png

ChcvjIE.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@Avatar Nice! I'm not 100% sure about the Cue Ball, since it's looking more 'fat' than 'badass' if you get what I mean. I'll start a poll to let people vote which one is better I think;)

The Rich Boy is excellent;) I'll add it to the thread.

Last edited:

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
Any plans on doing Red, Blue, Oak and Leaf?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@bluhacks263

I actually made an edited Professor Oak Sprite, I'll add it to the thread. Not planning to make those others you mention, they're also not from the Original Anime (With Ash and such).

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Added a few new Anime Overworld Sprites to the thread. Also decided to include both Avatar's as Mr. Dollsteak's Cue Ball Overworld Sprites in the thread, since there was no clear winner in the poll:)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@TypicalJalapeno

I'm quite busy at the moment, but I could do that. But is it so much work to just hit save picture a few times?

Last edited:

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
@TypicalJalapeno

I'm quite busy at the moment, but I could do that. But is it so much work to just hit save picture a few times?

Those are ten minutes I'll never get back, so make sure to credit me for painstakingly dragging all those sprites into a zip file.

Attachments

• FireRed Accurate Overworld Sprites.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 184

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
incredible, I really like the style and the generation ow frlg, I liked to think about the anime characters, I just felt like "AJ" and "duplicates"

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@etique

Call it a coincidence, but I actually made A.J. and Duplica (if that's what you mean with duplicates) already. I'll add them to the thread;)

Back