• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
To tell the truth I agree with everyone's opinions. Dark types are extremely sly, vicious and cunning monsters. If you need plain raw strength then you have Tyranitar. If you need an asassin then you have Weavile or Zororak. That just goes to show how well all-rounded dark types are and shows why even ghosts fear them. Even brainless fighting types are afraid of Honchkrow, the evil bird.

Anyway as an idea I'd like to suggest that we make a fan-fiction thread and write a story on dark type pokemon together. Maybe about a trainer who uses only dark-types or something like that.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Anyway as an idea I'd like to suggest that we make a fan-fiction thread and write a story on dark type pokemon together. Maybe about a trainer who uses only dark-types or something like that.

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. If anyone want to come up any ideas, feel free to post them here. Anyone would like to volunteer to help write it, please say so.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
sure, i wouldn't mind writing. i need to hone my skills as i'm still not too good at it anyway!
about a trainer who uses only DARKtypes? or a DARKtype Rescue Team (so that we would all play a Pokémon? wait, that's more of an RP than a fanfic.)

hmm. well, did you already have some kind of scenario in mind or were you planning on leaving that blank and thinking it up as we go?

EDIT: Wah-hoops, i missed the ACTUAL topic:
THINK GEN VI DARKtype REVEALS WILL HAPPEN SOON? AT E3?
honestly i have no idea, but for now i'm not counting on it. perhaps if the Gen VI starters really will have their supposed secondary typing (FIRE/PSYCHIC, WATER/FIGHTING, GRASS/DARK) like i've heard rumored, but i'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
for now i just really want to see the starters' final evolutions! even though they probably won't come into view until the actual release...

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
sure, i wouldn't mind writing. i need to hone my skills as i'm still not too good at it anyway!
about a trainer who uses only DARKtypes? or a DARKtype Rescue Team (so that we would all play a Pokémon? wait, that's more of an RP than a fanfic.)

hmm. well, did you already have some kind of scenario in mind or were you planning on leaving that blank and thinking it up as we go?

EDIT: Wah-hoops, i missed the ACTUAL topic:
honestly i have no idea, but for now i'm not counting on it. perhaps if the Gen VI starters really will have their supposed secondary typing (FIRE/PSYCHIC, WATER/FIGHTING, GRASS/DARK) like i've heard rumored, but i'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
for now i just really want to see the starters' final evolutions! even though they probably won't come into view until the actual release...

I didn't have any scenario in mind once about 5 people vote we can start the fan fiction and discuss the story. A good idea would be about a dark type rescue team that is misunderstood a lot because they're dark types. Basicall we start a fan fiction page and say --Name of the story---- brought to you by Thieves of The Night - The Dark Type Fanclub.

Years
I didn't have any scenario in mind once about 5 people vote we can start the fan fiction and discuss the story. A good idea would be about a dark type rescue team that is misunderstood a lot because they're dark types. Basicall we start a fan fiction page and say --Name of the story---- brought to you by Thieves of The Night - The Dark Type Fanclub.

I think the fanfiction would be pretty cool. And that's a pretty good idea for a story. I would read it.

Hmm, I'm not sure. It could happen, but I personally think it will be a little while.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
ooh, yeah! that's a really nice twist, to have them being misunderstood all the time for being DARKtypes. mhm. i'm up for it! definitely!

so LadyNyx, if you say you'd read it, does that mean you'd join in writing it? :P

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Fine, we need about 2 more people and then we could start discussing the storyline. Then about 2 weeks later AWSquared can post the thread.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I wouldn't mind helping to write :)
I have tried writing fan-fiction before and it failed though..... but hopefully co-writing would be better.

Reply to topic
I hope, because I would love a cool dark type pokemon to be revealed which I would love and want to catch. (like Zoura, I became obssed when I saw a picture) and yeah, I make no sense...

Years
Do you think any new Dark-types for Gen VI will be revealed soon? Do you think any will be revealed at the presentation at E3?

I could possibly see a Dark-type get revealed sometime soon, plus I'm always thinking Yveltal might be a Dark-type cos of its appearance. I do hope the E3 presentation might reveal some more Pokemon, maybe a Dark-type might be one of them. What I'm really hoping is they introduce a type combination involving Dark that hasn't been used yet. Maybe a Bug/Dark or Electric/Dark. I'm also hoping it's one that looks really badass and might be an eventual team member.

Treecko

Years
And now to answer it myself.

Do you think any new Dark-types for Gen VI will be revealed soon? Do you think any will be revealed at the presentation at E3?

I hope there is but I wouldn't be surprised if we get none. I agree with Hikari on Yveltal being part Dark, it just really looks the part and it be cool if they revealed it's typing as Fire/Dark or Flying/Dark. And I'm hoping this time around, we get more Dark types Pokemon with unique typing like Electric/Dark.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
ooh, yeah! i think Yveltal being part DARK could be really interesting. and plausible. very much indeed.
Makes me wonder if Xerneas would be part PSYCHIC? or the rumoured LIGHT/FAIRY typing i've been hearing about? LIGHT would fit it i suppose, with such bright antlers...

what kind of new DARK/??? type combinations would you want to see in the next games? (ooh, that sounds like a possible topic?)
like we've already established, we'd really need a DARK/ELECTRICtyping. seriously. even if it so obviously should've been LUXRAY.
apart from that, i think maybe a DARK/BUGtyping could be interesting. or DARK/POISON, cause im really not a big fan of Stunky {XD}

ReeDim

Pokémusician (H4XH4X0R)
Years
Username: ReeDim

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types Rule! They look amazing and are powerful in battle.

Your partners: Mightyena (Lieutenant) & Absol (Hariken)
Just so you know, Hariken means Hurricane in Japanese.

What Types rule: As said before, Dark Types rule!

Answer the current topic: I hope there are some good dark types revealed in the near future, and I'm hoping they announce some at E3. Yveltal being part dark is definitely plausible.

Last edited:

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
Username: ProjectMisfit

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've noticed that alot of the dark type pokemon's art(Look) are generally really good. I also love the darkness, as I am nocturnal. :3

Your partner: Gengar.

What Types rule: Dark and water x3

Answer the current topic: Of course. Pokemon's perhaps Nintendo's big gun right now for E3. I think they will release information about everything, a bit.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought. It could be part Flying but Levitate could replace that evident in flygon. As for more Dark types to be revealed, I hope for a Mightyena or Absol evolutions, some of the iconic Dark types that Gen 3 had.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought.

really? that's really interesting. i didn't know Yveltal's name was based off that. but then i had never heard of a 'Quetzal' before either {XD}
but yeah! seeing as how most of us agree that the DARKtype is characterized by its 'evil'ness, if Yveltal's name really is based off 'evil', that'd make Yveltal being a DARKtype that much more plausible.
guess i'll have to figure out what Xerneas stands for now {XD}

Treecko

Years
Username: ReeDim

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types Rule! They look amazing and are powerful in battle.

Your partners: Mightyena (Lieutenant) & Absol (Hariken)
Just so you know, Hariken means Hurricane in Japanese.

What Types rule: As said before, Dark Types rule!

Answer the current topic: I hope there are some good dark types revealed in the near future, and I'm hoping they announce some at E3. Yveltal being part dark is definitely plausible.

Welcome to the club!! Absol's one of my favorite dark types.

Username: ProjectMisfit

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've noticed that alot of the dark type pokemon's art(Look) are generally really good. I also love the darkness, as I am nocturnal. :3

Your partner: Gengar.

What Types rule: Dark and water x3

Answer the current topic: Of course. Pokemon's perhaps Nintendo's big gun right now for E3. I think they will release information about everything, a bit.
Sorry Gengar isn't a Dark type, you'll have to pick something else. Look at the first post, there's a list of Dark types on it. Welcome anyway, I'll add you to the list when you choose a Dark type as a partner.

I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought. It could be part Flying but Levitate could replace that evident in flygon. As for more Dark types to be revealed, I hope for a Mightyena or Absol evolutions, some of the iconic Dark types that Gen 3 had.

Yeah funny thing is I knew that's were Yveltal's name came from those two word, but I never really put the pieces together that it could be hinting it's part Dark. The whole "evil bird" thing makes sense if it's Dark/Flying. I'd love an Absol evolution. Made me think of a new topic.

What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?

Discuss!

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Hi! I was hoping that I could join!

Username: FayAurora (or just Fay)
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think Dark-Type Pokemon are strong, mysterious and beautiful! Absolutely my favorite type!
Your partners: Ummm, hard choice, but I'll have to go with Absol and Sneasel!
What Types rule: Dark Type of course!
Answer the current topic (What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?): I think an Absol evolution would be pretty cool! I love absol already, so if Absol was amped up a bit, it could end up looking pretty awesome!

Treecko

Years
Hi! I was hoping that I could join!

Username: FayAurora (or just Fay)
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think Dark-Type Pokemon are strong, mysterious and beautiful! Absolutely my favorite type!
Your partners: Ummm, hard choice, but I'll have to go with Absol and Sneasel!
What Types rule: Dark Type of course!
Answer the current topic (What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?): I think an Absol evolution would be pretty cool! I love absol already, so if Absol was amped up a bit, it could end up looking pretty awesome!

Welcome to the club FayAurora! Yeah I agree with that so much! I've always though Absol could use an evolution and it could really benefit more with one. It would make Absol much strong and better competitively.

Anyway, to boost activity, we could use a new topic.

Most people here have probably heard this by now, but Gamefreak recently announced a new type for Gen VI, the Fairy type! So I though I ask a topic relating to it.

Do you think there's gonna be a Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark type? If so, what would it look like? Do you think any existing Dark types will be retyped as Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark?

Go!

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Thanks, AWsquared!
I think the Fairy-Type is interesting/weird, but I guess we'll see how it goes when the game comes out. As for a Fairy-Type paired with Dark-Type, I think it will happen eventually, if not this game.
Hopefully it would look cool, like maybe something close to an Umbreon, but with wings (like Sylveon, because it's a Fairy-Type), or just a dark pixie-like Pokemon.
I don't think they will change any of the current Pokemon (I just can't see a lot of them being a Fairy-Type), but a lot of them already have a second type, and if they don't then they are the ones that really don't look 'Fairy-like', but who knows :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back