• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I spent the past half hour reading the whole thread because I was so intrigued by the first post I wanted to see how the hack has developed. ^^ I've gotta say - I have never seen so much detail and effort put into the story of a hack. I absolutely love it! You have a real talent in that area and I'm very impressed. :D

I'm now so hooked on this game. :) The Intro looks fantastic and the mapping is very nice, especially considering that it is very hard to get a 'natural' look with the rigid and inflexible grid system. Either way I think it's been pulled off very well.

I really looking forward to updates 'n' stuff ^^ Good Luck with it!!

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
@Gira and Kip - Thank you so very much for your kind words! :) I appreciate every comment I receive - its stuff like this that keeps me going. ^^

Anyway, this is just a quick mapping update:

Image97-1.png
Image96-1.png

It's the first part of the Overworld map! (Tiles by Pokemon-Diamond with additional tiles by yours truly; based on the HG/SS map tiles by Game Freak). It was an absolute pain to insert and to get the palettes just right; but I feel it's worth it in the end, as it looks even better than I thought it would! :) I am aware of the rather stupid error I made on the right side of the map, where I have two path areas so close together you can step across and "skip" the lowest pink block (what was I thinking? ^^' Foresight, I lacks it...), but I will fix this with either a script or some minor remapping, so no worries. :) Anyway, SRT's overworld is broken up into six segments, each with a variety of "towns" and dungeons for our hero to explore. Each two segments of the map envelops a "chapter," or a smaller story arc within the overreaching plot - as for the details on those story arcs, you'll just have to wait a little XD For a preview of the first four segments of the map (though Segment #4 is not quite complete), click the spoiler tab below ^^

Spoiler:

As you can see, my foresight improved as I progressed! XD And yes, it is explained in-game why you can't just go straight up instead of having to take the long way. XD

Last edited:

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
I just discovered this hack the other day and I must say I am very impressed by the originality of it. You have done a fantastic job and I look forward to a release. Keep up the good work!

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
I saw this game earlier, and i have been drooling over it all day! It looks completely unique in every way! I'm really enjoying all of the updates, the game looks great!

ps, don't be hard on your mapping, its better than me :P

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Part Two of the intro is up for your viewing pleasure :)

The jerkiness in the audio and the random blackouts are NOT in-game...they're a result of editing the video in such a way to sync the sound to the action as much as possible ^^'

We see the overworld; a little bit of the first of the "mini dungeons" in the game; and characters talking...and talking...and talking ^^' And they're only gonna talk MORE in the next part of the intro...but we'll start getting into real gameplay soon, I promise! =D Just gotta do the world-building and get the plot ball rolling :)

Pokemonatoms

something...
Years
Wow, this is one of the best hacks i have seen in a looooooooooooonnnng time better than anything i could do
... can i please help on it i can do anything you want me to.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Amazing work, both with scripts and overworld (ow-map gave me some ideas and I might even make own) :D
Also, FF4 music fits in perfectly !

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Oh my arceus, don't mind if I steal overworld, right? (Credits for idea will be given :) )

This looks like one of the best hacks out there, definitely going to keep my eye on this one :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Oh my arceus, don't mind if I steal overworld, right? (Credits for idea will be given :) )

This looks like one of the best hacks out there, definitely going to keep my eye on this one :D

Don't mind if you steal. -.-', whats going on with this forum?

Any who it is great to see a new update Pink Parka. I have been watching this hack since the beginning and ever since your hack Jersey Quest. The intro is very intriguing and your story is very well thought through. Best of luck my friend :D

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
This looks absolutely fantastic. Lol'd a bit at the Great Black One ^^ Maybe I was expecting some sort of god-like monster but it's a nice twist.

I love the whole map system you've got going there - I admit I was sceptical about it at first but you've pulled it off very well. The dungeon mapping is good too; I like how there's a variety of different trees rather than just the one in a row and the whole thing (minus the stairs :P) looks about as natural as you can get with that grid system we all know and love. The custom music, again, fits the mood perfectly.

Nice one PPG - really looking forward to the next one! :D

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
Hi! I love your hack :D
Did you make the Overworld map by just making a map, and adding a few scripts? That seems like the easiest way to go, and I don't know how else you'd do it. Am I right?

metalsteelix

shadow
Years
woo, if i look at the screenshots, i sooo want to play it and make a walkthrough of it ;) (if i may do that)
good luck, keep on your good job, its very good :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Wonderful! I'd have to say that the hack has a great Pokémon Mystery Dungeon type story, especially when you can see exactly what the Pokémon say and all that.

I also like the idea of how the Pichus, Pikachus, and Raichus live in one place.
And what an excellent idea to have a map that is based on the world map.

I'm sure this hack will be very sucessful, especially with it's graphics and stuff.

Good luck on the Pokémon Ruby hack!
It sure makes me feel like I really want to play this hack. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back