• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Capes [M] [OOC]

Years
I've been working on this since yesterday, instead of sleeping. Let me know if I missed anything?

ApGWuHU.jpg

Master Key

Name: Edward Pierce

Sex: Male

Alignment: Villain

Appearance: Edward is of average height at 5' 5", but is scrawny and frail, weighing just shy of 100 lbs. He is naturally light-skinned, but lack of exposure renders his skin positively pale. His arms are notably slender and gangly, with long bony fingers that some find creepy, leading to a habit of keeping his hands in his pockets. Even his face is thin, with a large, sharp nose and a pointed chin, the only roundness being his beady gray eyes. He used to have straight black hair to his shoulders, but he recently cut it short and let it get unkempt.

In his civilian clothes, Edward is usually seen wearing a simple gray t-shirt and tattered blue jeans, with a black blazer over top. Since cutting his hair, he tends to wear a blue knit cap, unless it gets hot. In colder weather, he wears a green hoodie over his shirt, but under his jacket. Warm or cold, rain or shine, he wears black goth boots.

His cape costume, in comparison, is neither as plain or as baggy. It consists primarily of a white bodysuit, with his shield and spearhead emblem on the chest, with red gloves and boots. A white balaclava covers his head, leaving only his eyes exposed. Gold shield shaped protective pads adorn the knees and elbows of his suit.

Personality: Edward is meek and mild, a loner who never had the courage or strength to make himself known. He is uncomfortable around others, and prefers to follow rather than lead. He openly admits he's a coward, and knows when to walk away from a situation (and more importantly, when to run away from a situation). He has no delusions of grandeur, and doesn't try to be Supervillain Number One, he just does what he does best, and tries to enjoy himself in the process. After all, as a villain, he gets a modicum of fear and respect, and it comes much easier than being a hero.

Power(s): Edward's power is known as Defense Break. With effort, he can bypass any form of defense, from armor to force fields to even locks and seals. Under normal circumstances, shields and armor simply offer no protection against his (admittedly weak) attacks, but by making physical contact he can weaken or even outright destroy such defenses. Likewise, his power allows him to pick conventional locks in an instant, and even electronic locks, biometric scanners, or passwords can be hacked, fooled, or guessed in no time. His powers classify him as a Trump.

History and Trigger Event: No one thought Edward would grow up and be a cape. Honestly, no one thought he'd grow up at all. He was a sickly child, spending more time in a hospital than his own home. He spent most of his childhood teetering on the brink of death, but he stubbornly refused to die. Eventually he developed a stronger immune system, and he only looked deathly pale and half starved. Even afterwards he wasn't one to go outside, preferring to stay inside where it was safe.

As he grew older, he decided he wanted to work with computers, building hardware and designing software. Too bad he wasn't any good at it. So instead he spent his spare time solving puzzles and playing video games. He was concerned that school would be hell for someone like him, but even the cruelest bullies thought he was too easy a target, or too frail to take a hit. Instead, he found only pity from other kids, who didn't want to associate with him, but held no ill will toward him either. It was here he learned the world wasn't fair, and that he was below notice or even contempt.

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse before they ever got better. Capes may have dominated the crime industry, but that didn't stop the occasional mundane crimes from occurring, such as the carjacking that led to Edward's triggering. He was in the passenger seat when a man with a gun pulled his father from the car at a red light. The thief was fleeing from a robbery, and it was just bad luck that the thief chose Edward's car. As the thief went speeding down the highway, a gun pointed at his hostage, Edward attempted to wrest control of the wheel from the thief. Unfortunately, Edward's luck was really bad that day, and he inadvertently forced the car to crash into the fuel pumps at a gas station. He was trapped in the car, but his powers triggered and allowed him to escape before the gunman came to or an errant spark lit the fuel.

It's been years since that day, and Edward has tried everything he could think of to find a used for his powers. Playing the hero wasn't his style, and it didn't work out how he wanted. He's found a career as a criminal for hire, honing his skills and applying his powers to become a rather infamous thief and infiltrator. Without powers he was beneath society's notice or care, and he had no reason to help them, so he took what he needed from them, and found self-respect in the process.​

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Name: Kiro Irakuza
Cape Alias: Drakath (The Speed Demon)
Sex: Male
Alignment: Rogue

Appearance: Darkish skinned and 5 feet 9 inches tall. With a young looking face, and fragile body that's light on muscle, he has straightened super dark red hair that appears as a nearly black, very dark brown that is just like his eyes. There's also a streak of dark red dye in front that drapes slightly over his left eye.

In costume he wears a matte black, lightly armored bodysuit with red accents throughout. Going from top to bottom, a hood that featured a beaked tip, and a ninja-like lower face mask that paired with his signature black and red masquerade, that creates the slightest of cyborg voice filters just enough to keep his identity from being revealed by his voice. The thin, sharp, intricately designed mask, which split and curved into a tall point at the sides, and a short point along the bridge of his nose, covered the rest of his face, leaving the left side open but still covering the brow to allow for his hair to hide a holographic projection of his vitals, speed, and other important statistics. An absract flame forms in the black and red of his left-shoulder cloak, accompanied by a flat, suit hugging metal pad to attach the half cape to the outfit. Below, the decorated metal portions atop the suit appeared to blend with it whilst having a slight red tint and trim. The torso appeared to be covered in several thin, black metal pieces that protect his vital organs. He wears a pair of metal vambraces and greaves, coupled with metal gauntlets and knee/elbow pads. Removing the masquerade will cause the suit to very quickly fold up into hexagonal segments that were compacted to form the missing left side of the mask and reveal his current out of costume outfit.

Out of costume he is generally seen wearing black or dark colors. Normally jeans any shirt and his favorite black designer hoodie, as he feels most comfortable wearing it, and even when he's not, he still almost always wears a hoodie and jeans... Wearing his masquerade will cause the the left side to quickly expand, unfolding across his body in hexagonal segments before locking into place and becoming his costume, recplacing his current outfit. It looks much like how Mystique changes appearances.

Personality: Maturity is sometimes hard to find in Kiro, though he can get serious when it counts, as he is very rash and fun loving. It often gets him into trouble. He goes about life in a very carefree manner, until he gets into an undesirable situation that is. He often procrastinates with things he doesn't want to do to have fun. Kiro also isn't the nicest person at times, occasionally teasing for his own amusement. A slightly selfish and self-centered nature stops him from doing vigilante work, often using his speed to avoid the situation entirely. His inate cleverness, combined with his intuition, comes with an affinity for puns, which is as useless as it is annoying, however entertaining he finds it to be.

Powers: A Mover that has a potential full-body top speed of Mach 1, however this speed is very hard to maintain for more that a second without passing out, though it can be surpassed by isolating his speed to a specific part of his body, most often his brain which is why, he dubbed the action "acceleration" because it reminded him of a mechanic in an anime he'd seen a few years back. Along with the intuitive reflexes of a thinker and the ability to pull off various things with enough creativity. Like,breaking things by vibrating at a specific speed/frequency. Though it seems like he may have multiple powers, it's actually just immense control over his superspeed. However, despite his control over his power, too much strain will still incapacitate him. (as his body can only generate a specific amount of energy to dedicate to his speed, conservation laws and such)

History and Trigger Event: Growing up in Fallcliff, at the cliffside and waterside edge of New Rome, Kiro always looked up to Capes. He saw them as these amazing creatures, better than normal people in every way. Even as he aged and gained a more realistic view of them, he still strived to be one someday, even attempting to force a trigger event but to no avail. However, one fateful night, his took advantage of a few favors and his best friend's serious connections to test drive one of the fastest cars available at the time in a race. Being the rash fool that he was, Kiro pushed the vehicle to its limits, ignoring the warnings from the supervisor. Whilst fulfilling his need for speed, the car lost control as he was quickly thrown from the vehicle, triggering him near instantly. As everything was in slow motion, through what he assumed was adrenaline, he managed to land feet first and impossibly avoid the incoming wreck.

A few months later, a deal between the company that sets up Kiro's public events and a mysterious 3rd party associate came to a close. With it, Kiro received a one of a kind specially tailored masquerade from a La Fenice cape who turned out to be his best friend, explaining his connections, and a Tinker from Kiro's partner company that specializes in creating costumes for Rogue capes, in order to easily access his "supersuit." He remembers his friend explaining that it was originally intended to completely change the wearers physical appearance, like that of a powerful Stranger. Fortunately the project was too ambitious and was deemed a failure, and so, after "acquiring" the failed prototype, he modified it's function to perform, as he explained, something about "adjusting the density to match the change in size." And with its expirimental nature, it required frequent adjustments and recalibrations due to the mask being unstable and potentially lethal if not properly maintained.

Ever since that moment Kiro has enjoyed his powers by living his life as a Rogue named Drakath, a name he was already known as on the internet from an RPG and decided to stick with, during the weekends, while still living a normal life on the weekdays. Though he considers becoming a Ward, he is still debating it as he doesn't think he could deal with more school and constant supervision. It would also take away from the time he spends screwing around with his powers as "The Speed Demon," a title he picked up from publicity stunts, car promos, ect. Most of all, it would pit him against his best friend, who he somewhat owed his Parahuman-ness to. Truthfully, the pay is the only reason it's still on the table, as it would certainly be a more stable and steady source of income than his delivery service. If there were something to sweeten the pot however...

Last edited:
Years

Overall he's fine. I think perhaps the extremely powerful defense on top of the ability to bypass protection is a bit much though. I'd lose the defense and just keep the penetration for the sake of being fair to the other players.

I love the concept, but there's a few little things to clear up. Firstly, what exactly does your character do as a Rogue? Being a rogue isn't doing paid vigilante work, it's using your powers for business. For example, in the actual story of Worm a designer uses her power for promotional stunts and a precognitive sells her predictions for a high price. So what doe he do with his power?

The other thing is that you've gone a bit far with the power. Speed to the point of being imperceptible to most is a bit much. Could you give us a speed limit? I'm assuming the name is because he's Japanese so if you fix up those few things he should be fine.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
I originally had the vigilante thing just as something he does out of the good in his heart occasionally, not full-time, but I've dropped the idea as it blurs the line between Rogue and Hero a bit. (btw edited the SU)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

I like that he's very corporate with his powers. That's what being a rogue is all about! I've got two questions about him, though. Why is his cape-name Drakath, and how does his suit appearing and disappearing work?

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
I like that he's very corporate with his powers. That's what being a rogue is all about! I've got two questions about him, though. Why is his cape-name Drakath, and how does his suit appearing and disappearing work?

I've given his Cape-name a light background, he's also been given the advertising alias of "The Speed Demon," along with an explanation of how the mask/suit process looks and works.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've given his Cape-name a light background, he's also been given the advertising alias of "The Speed Demon," along with an explanation of how the mask/suit process looks and works.

The explanation is great! My only issue at the moment is with the costume still, as it kinda creates two questions: why doesn't everyone have high-tech appearing costumes, and how did a 15 year old get his hands on one? Kinda minor really, but I think you're good to go if that part is omitted!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
The explanation is great! My only issue at the moment is with the costume still, as it kinda creates two questions: why doesn't everyone have high-tech appearing costumes, and how did a 15 year old get his hands on one? Kinda minor really, but I think you're good to go if that part is omitted!

I've become a bit attached to the idea so, I've been trying to justify why only he has one.

How's this idea?
He has it because of the same reason he had access to the car in his Trigger Event and the mask wasn't intended for the whole costume purpose, and is therefore an unstable modification of a prototype for a canceled project. That being so, the creator is discouraged from openly distributing it, as it is a work in progress which requires frequent maintenance and is dangerous if left unserviced.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've become a bit attached to the idea so, I've been trying to justify why only he has one.

How's this idea?
He has it because of the same reason he had access to the car in his Trigger Event and the mask wasn't intended for the whole costume purpose, and is therefore an unstable modification of a prototype for a canceled project. That being so, the creator is discouraged from openly distributing it, as it is a work in progress which requires frequent maintenance and is dangerous if left unserviced.

What if the company Drakath works with when doing publicity has a tinker orientated on costuming. He designs and maintains race and sporting uniforms, and made this one for Drakath. It's one of a kind, and needs to be maintained. Therefor it's explained why a fifteen year old owns one, and also why not everyone has one.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
What if the company Drakath works with when doing publicity has a tinker orientated on costuming. He designs and maintains race and sporting uniforms, and made this one for Drakath. It's one of a kind, and needs to be maintained. Therefor it's explained why a fifteen year old owns one, and also why not everyone has one.

I've tried my best and combined the two into one idea in the SU? (so tired)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I really like the idea of being pressured to join the PRT causing her to trigger. Very cool character. Were her parents Heroes/PRT members?

Anyway, my issue here is mostly with her as a rogue. She can be a rogue, that's not the issue. However, what does she do for a living? Does she use her power to make (legal) money (the general thing Rogues do) or is she just a Rogue because she refuses to be either hero or villain? If she's not actively using her power publicly/commercially... why would she even need costume? How would anyone even know she was a cape? If she's prepared to kill if need be, has she before?

"Were her parents Heroes/PRT members?"
Her parents were both PRT members, but not heroes.

"Anyway, my issue here is mostly with her as a rogue. She can be a rogue, that's not the issue. However, what does she do for a living?"
She still works in the repair shop, after the damages were fixed.

"Does she use her power to make (legal) money (the general thing Rogues do) or is she just a Rogue because she refuses to be either hero or villain?"
Mostly the latter tbh.

"If she's not actively using her power publicly/commercially... why would she even need costume? How would anyone even know she was a cape?"
Ah yes, forgot to elaborate on this part.
People knew she was a cape because her friend who was a tinker had ties to the Protectorate through his family, and he told his family about her. The Protectorate eventually gained knowledge of her.
Her costume assists her in combat, which she gets into frequently, as she's not very good at negotiating and lives in a bad neighborhood. It also helps her get around undetected because it muffles sound.

" If she's prepared to kill if need be, has she before?"
She's never killed, but she has hospitalized a few people.

Hope that answers everything :D

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
My first non-css SU, I am ashamed

Spoiler:

Years

A Speedster delivery service may well be my favourite thing ever. Welcome aboard!
Just keep in mind that your character's friend in La Fenice should not be particularly high ranked in the organisation.

My main problem here, is that your character doesn't make sense as a rogue. She goes out in costume but doesn't want to be a hero or villain. Sounds rogue-like. But... she's not really using her power to make a living. So really, why would she need the costume at all? It sounds like she'd really just be living like a normal person since she has no reason to use her powers.

Then you add that she considers combat, goes out in costume and gets into fights that have gotten people hospitalized because of her rough neighbourhood. Going out in costume would attract fights, not deter them. So it sounds like she's a wannabe hero/vigilante there.

You've given me two conflicting sides here. You're welcome to try and fix it up yourself but if you'd like some more help, why don't you PM me and we can talk it out?

Edit: Fox is accepted.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
A Speedster delivery service may well be my favourite thing ever. Welcome aboard!
Just keep in mind that your character's friend in La Fenice should not be particularly high ranked in the organisation.

My main problem here, is that your character doesn't make sense as a rogue. She goes out in costume but doesn't want to be a hero or villain. Sounds rogue-like. But... she's not really using her power to make a living. So really, why would she need the costume at all? It sounds like she'd really just be living like a normal person since she has no reason to use her powers.

Then you add that she considers combat, goes out in costume and gets into fights that have gotten people hospitalized because of her rough neighbourhood. Going out in costume would attract fights, not deter them. So it sounds like she's a wannabe hero/vigilante there.

You've given me two conflicting sides here. You're welcome to try and fix it up yourself but if you'd like some more help, why don't you PM me and we can talk it out?

Ok, I'll PM you in a bit. Maybe Vigilante would have been a better classification :/

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Just keep in mind that your character's friend in La Fenice should not be particularly high ranked in the organization.

You've given me two conflicting sides here.

I hadn't planned on ranking him too high. I was going to elaborate on the friend at some point IC, maybe while the two are working on Drakath's mask.

I just got, what I think is, a great idea. Imagine a Hero/Villain who's powers had a mental side effect that causes him/her to switch alignment at after too much use. Sorta like split personalities or something. Just an interesting thought I figured I'd throw out there.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I am now fully clothed.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
This looks like fun.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Great SU! Love the power. You're accepted, but I would like to know what city she's from, and when she moved to Fallcliff. I'm also curious where her sister's locked up. As an added note, there's no minimum age to becoming a ward, so you might want to omit that piece. If she was 11 when she triggered she would be allowed to join immediately, although maybe not every 11-year old would be up for that, haha.

How do people traverse the cliff to get from one half of the city to the other?

There is very steep roads traversing the cliff, that are quite impractical, a bunch of car lifts that make traffic a nightmare, and there's a road that leads from the industrial district to New Moreton-On-Cliff, that goes around the cliff. Mainly, though, people traverse the cliff with personal lifts if they're walking, or take the public transport. Trains and trams circle around inside the cliff until they reach the top. Buses also have their own car lifts that exempt them from the usual traffic congestion.

Back