The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1326    
Old November 2nd, 2011 (4:51 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Expect me like you expect Jesus.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 8,990
Is it enough to trust someone before sex? Do you think that is appropriate or not to ask a potential sexual partner for STD/HIV testing results?

Omg yes, always ask. This is so imperative I don't even. I am so paranoid about diseases and catching them, I'd put myself in a plastic bubble if it were socially acceptable. As it stands, it is socially acceptable to put a certain part of you in a plastic bubble so I always make sure to do that even if I am sure the guy is clean lol. I'll never have unprotected sex, anyway, I'm far too paranoid for that. I always wear a condom (or require whoever I'm sleeping with to do the same if the... situation requires it). But yeah, I always ask just for extra peace of mind. Though it's weird sometimes trying to do it in a way that's not a moodkiller lol

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel?

I was 9 or 10 when I first started having "sexual" thoughts about other boys (though, as a 9/10 year old, these were very very softcore and I'm not sure they'd even be considered sexual, it doesn't take much to please a kid lol) though I was sort of an oblivious child, so I never really thought much of it. I just lived in my own head and nothing much really phased me, so nothing really ever clicked. The first time I noticed myself noticing other boys was when I was 12 in my first year of high school in the change rooms after PE class. I won't get graphic, but a few of them took their shirts off and after that I had to get changed and leave very quickly to avoid embarrassment lol. It was at that point that I realised I was gay lmao. But yeah, I didn't go back into the changerooms until I was a little older and able to control my hormones a little better.

I feel like those might have been tmi responses, but hey you asked the questions...
__________________
Moderator of General Chat
  #1327    
Old November 2nd, 2011 (11:00 PM). Edited November 2nd, 2011 by U.Flame.
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame U.Flame is offline
Meowna Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,272
You know, your immune system needs germs to strengthen so living in a germ-free environment is a death wish. But enough about Carlin facts.

I think it's very important to ask about STI/HIVs, that's something you really do need to be careful about. No one should be offended. when being asked about that.

Also I just have to say, I'm really proud of Pokecommunity for being an acceptable site. Even outside this club no one here is judged by their sexuality I fell in love with this site because of the hacking section but when I realized how open we are, I'm positive now that this is the best Pokemon site on the entire internet!
__________________
Hacks I'm working on:
Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
  #1328    
Old November 2nd, 2011 (11:38 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,498
While the LGBT movement is mostly good, it does have its ugly side.
  #1329    
Old November 3rd, 2011 (1:34 AM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Expect me like you expect Jesus.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 8,990
This video is FOX News, which is famous as the least reliable news source in America because of its intense conservative spin that borders on propaganda. I saw nothing in that video that suggested it was anything different than exactly that.
__________________
Moderator of General Chat
  #1330    
Old November 3rd, 2011 (8:20 AM).
Snivy063 Snivy063 is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Age: 24
    Posts: 2,423
    I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

    I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
      #1331    
    Old November 3rd, 2011 (8:29 AM).
    TornZero's Avatar
    TornZero TornZero is offline
    Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Location: In your pantry, eatin' your delicious cake.
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 1,139
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post
      I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

      I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
      Let me be the first to welcome you to the LGBTQIPAAOS Alliance, Snivy!

      You'll find the vending machines, sitcoms and cartoons in the lounge, the games over in the den, movies and reality shows in the theatre, and (hopefully) your answers in this thread. :D
      __________________

      I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
        #1332    
      Old November 3rd, 2011 (8:58 AM).
      Ineffable~'s Avatar
      Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
      DAT SNARKITUDE
       
      Join Date: Aug 2008
      Location: Any ol' place really
      Age: 24
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 2,742
      You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post
      I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

      I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
      Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
      But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )
      __________________

      #077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
      Fire ~ Field eggs
      3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

      Its hooves are 10 times harder
      than diamonds. It can trample
      anything completely flat in moments.

      Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
      Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
      Locations: Pokémon Mansion

      Cry

      Other names:

      jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
      de: Ponita
      fr: Ponyta
      cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


        #1333    
      Old November 3rd, 2011 (9:13 AM).
      Esper's Avatar
      Esper Esper is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Location: California
      Posts: 10,761
      I have not watched the video yet, but I'm going to assume it is something about schools teaching kids to be accepting of queer people.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
      You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?
      What would you (or anyone else here) define as "education" then?
      __________________
        #1334    
      Old November 3rd, 2011 (9:14 AM).
      TornZero's Avatar
      TornZero TornZero is offline
      Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
         
        Join Date: Apr 2010
        Location: In your pantry, eatin' your delicious cake.
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 1,139
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
        You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?

        Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
        But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )
        Cheesy, but very accurate. We're mostly here for support, but we can still help him find his answers.
        __________________

        I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
          #1335    
        Old November 3rd, 2011 (9:16 AM).
        Ineffable~'s Avatar
        Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
        DAT SNARKITUDE
         
        Join Date: Aug 2008
        Location: Any ol' place really
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 2,742
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
        What would you (or anyone else here) define as "education" then?
        I define it as teaching the facts, not instilling in children a school's moral values. It doesn't matter how right the school thinks it is because it's the parents' job to raise their children.
        __________________

        #077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
        Fire ~ Field eggs
        3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

        Its hooves are 10 times harder
        than diamonds. It can trample
        anything completely flat in moments.

        Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
        Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
        Locations: Pokémon Mansion

        Cry

        Other names:

        jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
        de: Ponita
        fr: Ponyta
        cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


          #1336    
        Old November 3rd, 2011 (10:26 AM).
        -ty-'s Avatar
        -ty- -ty- is offline
        Don't Ask, Just Tell
           
          Join Date: Oct 2009
          Location: USA
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 795
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
          While the LGBT movement is mostly good, it does have its ugly side.
          We read books and watched movies about racial discrimination in elementary school. Is that the black community's "ugly side"? The man who opposed the curriculum change acted as if there was not any education about racial discrimination, but I am doubtful that is true, if it truly is the case, then the new anti-bullying policy would protect his daughter from being discriminated against. The only case that he made was that the parents, not schools, should deal with bullying; kids get bullied at school and the parent cannot be there to do anything about it; it is hardly fair for the child to just deal with the bullying and then have a parent talk to them about how to "endure" it. Also, kids are not being taught that homosexuality is right or wrong; however, they are being told that bullying is wrong. The book about the two penguins does not teach homosexuality is right or wrong; it teaches that there are same-sex people who raise children and have families. Now the funding issue. They had to buy some books, big deal. *cough* that is my two cents.
          __________________

          Don't be a rotten apple!
          Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
          !

            #1337    
          Old November 3rd, 2011 (10:33 AM).
          Ineffable~'s Avatar
          Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
          DAT SNARKITUDE
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Location: Any ol' place really
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 2,742
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
          Also, kids are not being taught that homosexuality is right or wrong; however, they are being told that bullying is wrong. The book about the two penguins does not teach homosexuality is right or wrong; it teaches that there are same-sex people who raise children and have families.
          I guess I misunderstood what the school was doing in the first place because that's actually what I think they should do.
          __________________

          #077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
          Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

          Its hooves are 10 times harder
          than diamonds. It can trample
          anything completely flat in moments.

          Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
          Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
          Locations: Pokémon Mansion

          Cry

          Other names:

          jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
          de: Ponita
          fr: Ponyta
          cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


            #1338    
          Old November 3rd, 2011 (11:14 AM).
          FreakyLocz14's Avatar
          FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
          Conservative Patriot
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,498
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
          This video is FOX News, which is famous as the least reliable news source in America because of its intense conservative spin that borders on propaganda. I saw nothing in that video that suggested it was anything different than exactly that.
          FOX is probably the least biased, imo.

          I can't call it a good thing when a group that fights for its own liberty takes away to liberty of others.
            #1339    
          Old November 3rd, 2011 (11:18 AM).
          Esper's Avatar
          Esper Esper is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Location: California
          Posts: 10,761
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
          I define it as teaching the facts, not instilling in children a school's moral values. It doesn't matter how right the school thinks it is because it's the parents' job to raise their children.
          I think schools should be teaching kids facts, too, but also to think and understand cause and effect (such as the consequences of their actions). You don't have to tell kids "Being gay is okay" (although, really, schools should do this) in order to teach them that there are queer people and that picking on one of their classmates for being gay is unacceptable. I mean, goodness, what kind of world would we have if a teacher couldn't tell a kid not to do something if that kid was just acting like their parents taught them? There are crazy prejudiced people out there and when their kids are in school (where they ought to be because homeschooling would just perpetuate the hatred) a teacher should be able to correct them when they start to harass someone, even if that harassment is what that kid's parents want to teach them, because they need to keep school safe and teach kids how to get along.
          __________________
            #1340    
          Old November 3rd, 2011 (12:12 PM).
          Ineffable~'s Avatar
          Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
          DAT SNARKITUDE
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Location: Any ol' place really
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 2,742
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
          I mean, goodness, what kind of world would we have if a teacher couldn't tell a kid not to do something if that kid was just acting like their parents taught them? There are crazy prejudiced people out there and when their kids are in school (where they ought to be because homeschooling would just perpetuate the hatred) a teacher should be able to correct them when they start to harass someone, even if that harassment is what that kid's parents want to teach them, because they need to keep school safe and teach kids how to get along.
          Oh definitely, I mean I don't think of bullying as a moral issue just kind of . . . common sense. If you think it's right to beat the crap out of someone just for being different, than you're probably more damaged than anything else.

          Lol sorry gaiz I misinterpreted teh school. D:
          __________________

          #077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
          Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

          Its hooves are 10 times harder
          than diamonds. It can trample
          anything completely flat in moments.

          Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
          Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
          Locations: Pokémon Mansion

          Cry

          Other names:

          jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
          de: Ponita
          fr: Ponyta
          cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


            #1341    
          Old November 4th, 2011 (3:49 PM).
          Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
          Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
          Frasier says it best
             
            Join Date: Apr 2004
            Location: London, UK
            Age: 28
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 11,352
            I apologise if I'm not allowed to post in this thread what with not being a member and such, but I've just seen a really good movie that I imagine would appeal to a lot of this club's membership.

            It's called Weekend, and the plot summary outlines it as follows: "After meeting one lonely Friday night at a bar, Russell (Tom Cullen) and Glen (Chris New) find themselves caught up in an lost weekend full of sex, drugs, and intimate conversation. Although they have conflicting ideas of what it is they want from life and certainly how to get it, they form a startling emotional connection that will resonate throughout their lives."

            It's a very emotionally wrenching character study of what it means to be gay in the UK in the 21st century. Unlike other gay themed dramas that I've seen, it presents the characters as real people, not as stereotypes, and one certainly doesn't need to be gay to appreciate the nuances held within (I'm not gay and I was nearly in tears by the end of it). It just got released in the UK today, and it's already been released in the US for a few weeks now, but I imagine it's only playing in the large metropolitan areas. Still, I urge everyone (gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever...) to check it out if you can. (You can check out the trailer here.)

            I'm going to leave now...
            __________________
              #1342    
            Old November 4th, 2011 (4:37 PM).
            -Jared-'s Avatar
            -Jared- -Jared- is offline
            Certified Responsible Adult
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: Northern California
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 1,820
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
            I apologise if I'm not allowed to post in this thread what with not being a member and such, but I've just seen a really good movie that I imagine would appeal to a lot of this club's membership.

            It's called Weekend, and the plot summary outlines it as follows: "After meeting one lonely Friday night at a bar, Russell (Tom Cullen) and Glen (Chris New) find themselves caught up in an lost weekend full of sex, drugs, and intimate conversation. Although they have conflicting ideas of what it is they want from life and certainly how to get it, they form a startling emotional connection that will resonate throughout their lives."

            It's a very emotionally wrenching character study of what it means to be gay in the UK in the 21st century. Unlike other gay themed dramas that I've seen, it presents the characters as real people, not as stereotypes, and one certainly doesn't need to be gay to appreciate the nuances held within (I'm not gay and I was nearly in tears by the end of it). It just got released in the UK today, and it's already been released in the US for a few weeks now, but I imagine it's only playing in the large metropolitan areas. Still, I urge everyone (gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever...) to check it out if you can. (You can check out the trailer here.)

            I'm going to leave now...
            First off, I may not run the club, but I am sure it's fine for you to post here. xP

            Anyways, that sounds really interesting. Too bad I probably won't have a chance to see it anytime soon. ;__; If anybody does, you should post your reaction to the film. ^__^
            __________________
              #1343    
            Old November 4th, 2011 (7:55 PM).
            deoxys121's Avatar
            deoxys121 deoxys121 is offline
            White Kyurem Cometh
             
            Join Date: Dec 2010
            Location: Flat Rock, MI, United States
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 1,260
            OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
            __________________
              #1344    
            Old November 4th, 2011 (9:07 PM). Edited November 4th, 2011 by FreakyLocz14.
            FreakyLocz14's Avatar
            FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
            Conservative Patriot
             
            Join Date: Jun 2009
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 3,498
            This is rather old tea, but did you hear about Chris Brown?
            http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/09/30/leaked-messages-allege-chris-brown-had-gay-sex-is-a-bottom/

            WARNING: It's not pornographic or anything, but still R-rated.
              #1345    
            Old November 4th, 2011 (9:54 PM).
            Charlie Kelly Charlie Kelly is offline
            King of the Rats
               
              Join Date: Oct 2011
              Location: Your Grandmother's Basement
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 76
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
              OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
              I'm guessing I'll probably be in the minority here when I say: I don't see why you need to "come out" right now. You say you have a girlfriend. Assuming you're faithful to her, you won't be doing anything with a man anytime soon. I mean, there's no reason to lie about it if you think everyone will understand, and there's no reason to hide your feelings if it bothers you keeping them from the people around you, it's just... it seems like in your situation, at the moment, your bisexuality is irrelevant, since you're in a committed heterosexual relationship.

              Personally, I don't tell everyone I'm Bi. It's worked out well, since I don't date men. Who I have sexual relationships with no-one's business but mine and theirs. I don't hide it from everyone, but I've felt no need to tell my parents, since they don't really need to know if I'm having sex with anyone, male or female. I know for a fact they would be fine with me being gay if that were the case, so it's not a fear or anything of that nature, it's just a logical decision I've made.
              __________________
                #1346    
              Old November 4th, 2011 (10:55 PM).
              Alice's Avatar
              Alice Alice is offline
              (>^.(>0.0)>
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Location: Oregon
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 3,079
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
              OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
              Well, first of all I would say don't base it on just one dream. Give yourself time to figure things out, and be completely sure before you start telling people. It won't be fun trying to explain things to people if you decide you really are straight later on.

              And as Charlie Kelly said, you don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to. Only do it if you're comfortable with other people knowing, and think it may make you feel better about it. There's no need to rush into it.

              That said, I haven't been dealing with it all that long myself. That's just based on my experience.
                #1347    
              Old November 5th, 2011 (12:13 AM).
              Ineffable~'s Avatar
              Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
              DAT SNARKITUDE
               
              Join Date: Aug 2008
              Location: Any ol' place really
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 2,742
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
              OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
              I agree with Quilavaking on this. I think you have to learn a bit more before you can really quite say you're bi.
              Also even if you did know completely, it is irrelevant being that you're with a woman at the moment, I mean unless you want to tell her but I would be careful with that, if only to avoid awkwardness or weird "are you breaking up with me?" moments haha.


              Anyway congratulations on finding something new about yourself! :)
              I don't know if it's weird to congratulate someone for that but I always do it sooooo . . .
              __________________

              #077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
              Fire ~ Field eggs
              3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

              Its hooves are 10 times harder
              than diamonds. It can trample
              anything completely flat in moments.

              Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
              Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
              Locations: Pokémon Mansion

              Cry

              Other names:

              jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
              de: Ponita
              fr: Ponyta
              cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


                #1348    
              Old November 5th, 2011 (6:00 AM).
              Shining Raichu's Avatar
              Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
              Expect me like you expect Jesus.
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 8,990
              @ Cat Dog: Of course it's OK to post here even if you don't join :) and thanks for that, it looks amazing! My sucky downloading abilities will probably result in me waiting for the DVD though... /curses Australia.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
              OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
              If you have a girlfriend to whom you are attracted and you're happy in your heterosexual relationship, I don't really see much point in coming out at this stage. To my mind, the point of coming out is because you are unhappy in your life and you need to be honest with people so that you can live more openly and freely. So coming out as bi when you have a girlfriend that you're happy with just seems like stirring the pot unnecessarily.

              I'd say wait until it actually starts affecting your happiness, because your happiness is what counts. Honesty for the sake of honesty can be gratuitous sometimes.

              EDIT: What I said could be seen as "we should hide in the closet until we really can't stand it anymore" but that's not what I meant. I just think that if you do it, it should be for the right reasons.
              __________________
              Moderator of General Chat
                #1349    
              Old November 5th, 2011 (7:20 AM).
              deoxys121's Avatar
              deoxys121 deoxys121 is offline
              White Kyurem Cometh
               
              Join Date: Dec 2010
              Location: Flat Rock, MI, United States
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 1,260
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
              If you have a girlfriend to whom you are attracted and you're happy in your heterosexual relationship, I don't really see much point in coming out at this stage. To my mind, the point of coming out is because you are unhappy in your life and you need to be honest with people so that you can live more openly and freely. So coming out as bi when you have a girlfriend that you're happy with just seems like stirring the pot unnecessarily.

              I'd say wait until it actually starts affecting your happiness, because your happiness is what counts. Honesty for the sake of honesty can be gratuitous sometimes.

              EDIT: What I said could be seen as "we should hide in the closet until we really can't stand it anymore" but that's not what I meant. I just think that if you do it, it should be for the right reasons.
              Well, I'm not 100% sure of this yet. I think the reason I'd want to tell her if I got to the point where I was 100% sure of it is because she and I have vowed to never keep secrets from each other. When you say I should do so for the right reasons, I think keeping that promise to her is reason enough. I know for a fact that if I was, she would accept me. We've been together for almost 9 months. Also, I know for a fact she is already accepting of LGBT people. I'll wait and see if anything else convincing happens. Until then, I'll remain how I am.
              __________________
                #1350    
              Old November 5th, 2011 (9:07 AM).
              Esper's Avatar
              Esper Esper is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Location: California
              Posts: 10,761
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

              Well, I'm not 100% sure of this yet. I think the reason I'd want to tell her if I got to the point where I was 100% sure of it is because she and I have vowed to never keep secrets from each other. When you say I should do so for the right reasons, I think keeping that promise to her is reason enough. I know for a fact that if I was, she would accept me. We've been together for almost 9 months. Also, I know for a fact she is already accepting of LGBT people. I'll wait and see if anything else convincing happens. Until then, I'll remain how I am.
              If you do decide to tell her you wouldn't have to say "I think I'm bi." It would probably be best to tell her simply that you had a dream and it's been on your mind.

              Like everyone else I'd say you might want to wait at least a little bit. I don't know how long ago you had this dream, but if it was just the other day you might not want to jump the gun and cause her any worry. As much as you are in a committed relationship and she's fine with LGBT people there's always the potential to stir things up with a revelation like this.
              __________________
               

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:02 PM.