• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
I spoilered it for a reason xD I don't mind the art style tbh. I think I'm just used to it and seeing softer styles in general (my taste in anime has changed since I was a teen)

While I am happy the SM series is finally doing something good and that is pulling a nod of nostalgia to older fans, it's not going to stop it from topping BW as my least favourite series.

Apparently Brock's Steelix and Misty's Gyarados now seem to have Mega Evolution power with them.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While I am happy the SM series is finally doing something good and that is pulling a nod of nostalgia to older fans, it's not going to stop it from topping BW as my least favourite series.

Apparently Brock's Steelix and Misty's Gyarados now seem to have Mega Evolution power with them.

Mega Gyrados eh? Maybe Lana will try to catch it lol. As for Steelix, eh I suppose that would work but honestly I'd love to see his Geodude evolve into Golem and have a Mega Golem instead. Either case, it's not bad to be seeing them again. Professor Sycamore having a cameo too as I wonder how they came across Mega stones and keys?

Years
Spoiler:

Does this mean Ash is getting a Pikashunium Z?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Spoiler:

Does this mean Ash is getting a Pikashunium Z?

Season 1 of SM will be ending soon and with Lusamine and Aether Foundation being introduced, one would think he acquires his "upgraded" or new Z-Ring in the next few Episodes to set up the next Season(how he gets the new Z-Ring I have no clue). Whether there is a SPECIFIC Z-Crystal for the move, I don't know(don't have Sun and Moon games so cut me a little slack in this regard).

In any case, with them spoiling as much as they are tends to mean that it will be coming in Episode 45/46 or so. Episode 44 is set to air 10/5 and caters to introducing Nebby, Lusamine and Aether Foundation so the 12th would be 45 and 19th for 46. Absolute latest I could see Ash getting his new Z-Ring is Episode 47 on the 26th(which I would expect to be the last Episode of the Season). Would be mildly surprised the season goes longer than 47 Episodes(last time it did was Season 17 or first season of XY with 48 Episodes) because Episode 48 would be airing in November(which they just don't do unless its a special Episode).

Years
Season 1 of SM will be ending soon and with Lusamine and Aether Foundation being introduced, one would think he acquires his "upgraded" or new Z-Ring in the next few Episodes to set up the next Season(how he gets the new Z-Ring I have no clue). Whether there is a SPECIFIC Z-Crystal for the move, I don't know(don't have Sun and Moon games so cut me a little slack in this regard).

In any case, with them spoiling as much as they are tends to mean that it will be coming in Episode 45/46 or so. Episode 44 is set to air 10/5 and caters to introducing Nebby, Lusamine and Aether Foundation so the 12th would be 45 and 19th for 46. Absolute latest I could see Ash getting his new Z-Ring is Episode 47 on the 26th(which I would expect to be the last Episode of the Season). Would be mildly surprised the season goes longer than 47 Episodes(last time it did was Season 17 or first season of XY with 48 Episodes) because Episode 48 would be airing in November(which they just don't do unless its a special Episode).

It is fair to say they are pulling a Best Wishes Season 2 and adding in stuff from US/UM, much like how BW Season 2 added B2/W2 content.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years

There isn't a 'Season 2', it's still 'Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon'. They using the same intro they used at the start of the series for SM044.

Fleshmom

Banned
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
Can somebody tell me the chronological order of the anime series?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
There isn't a 'Season 2', it's still 'Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon'. They using the same intro they used at the start of the series for SM044.

Misinterpreted what I said. I said that the first season of Sun and Moon will be ending soon so I expect Ash to be getting his updated Z-Ring in the final few Episodes of Season 1 to set up Season 2. I anticipate Season 1 only lasting until Episode 47(48 would air in November).

Years
Ash might also get Lycanrock Z Crystal with the brand new Z Power Ring.
He will get Pikashunium Z Crystal in the next season.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Misinterpreted what I said. I said that the first season of Sun and Moon will be ending soon so I expect Ash to be getting his updated Z-Ring in the final few Episodes of Season 1 to set up Season 2. I anticipate Season 1 only lasting until Episode 47(48 would air in November).

But there's nothing to indicate that SM has a Season 1 which is ending. The new poster has the exact same name as the SM posters that precede it.

XY was still XY up until XY episode 93ish, where it then changed to XYZ.

It's the TPCi that creates 'seasons' by adding new opening themes, but in Japan it's still going to be Sun and Moon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
But there's nothing to indicate that SM has a Season 1 which is ending. The new poster has the exact same name as the SM posters that precede it.

XY was still XY up until XY episode 93ish, where it then changed to XYZ.

It's the TPCi that creates 'seasons' by adding new opening themes, but in Japan it's still going to be Sun and Moon.

XY was XY to 48. 49 to 93 was XY Kalos Quest before 94 to 140 was XYZ. Therefore 1-48 was Season 17, 49-93 Season 18 and 94-140 as Season 19. Season 20 appears to be 47 Episodes long as Episode 48 would air in November(and their track record indicates that only specials air in November). It may be the same title but that doesn't mean the English dub one won't be different. Unless of course you're implying that we're getting a Season 1 where it will last for 80 Episodes before we get a minor Orange Islands arc in the form of Ash taking on the Alola League Kakui sets up(where Lana, Mallow, Kiawe and Sophocles finally take on their Trial Captain/Gym Leader role).

In any case, next month may start filling in the blanks on a lot of questions, starting with what caused Lillie to be scared of Pokemon(arguably biggest question to be answered in my book).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So, next year a new figure is coming out with Sylveon and Serena's anime look. As seen here on twitter, shared by Pokejungle.

Do you guys think that means Serena may be coming back for a few episodes similar to Misty and Brock?

Also there is almost no doubt that there will be a new season. It always happens between 44 to 60 episodes in most cases. Japan handles seasons by year, regardless of what the current storyline is in an anime. So there is almost no doubt that there will be a new season and opening.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
So, next year a new figure is coming out with Sylveon and Serena's anime look. As seen here on twitter, shared by Pokejungle.

Do you guys think that means Serena may be coming back for a few episodes similar to Misty and Brock?
Doubtful

Although we may meet her if the class takes a field trip to Hoenn, with Iris potentially making an appearance since she planned on going there once she saw Rayquaza at the end of her Side Story episode

We may also see May and Dawn if they go to Johto

I wonder how Legs-For-Days May will translate to SM...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Appears the first Season of Sun and Moon will go up to Episode 49 and into November no less which is not their usual track record. Suffice to say they're finally going to answer the "fear" question that has been there since the start of the series(and I called it a few weeks ago too). Anyone feel that if they pull this off that Sun and Moon might dig itself out of the proverbial cellar?

Years
Appears the first Season of Sun and Moon will go up to Episode 49 and into November no less which is not their usual track record. Suffice to say they're finally going to answer the "fear" question that has been there since the start of the series(and I called it a few weeks ago too). Anyone feel that if they pull this off that Sun and Moon might dig itself out of the proverbial cellar?

Well, the series didn't start airing dubbed until May so Disney XD had to burn off a lot of episodes in the first few weeks. But it is weird the season is ending in November and not December. Also, what "fear" question do you mean?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well, the series didn't start airing dubbed until May so Disney XD had to burn off a lot of episodes in the first few weeks. But it is weird the season is ending in November and not December. Also, what "fear" question do you mean?

The root cause of Lillie's fear of Pokemon. When she was a child she could touch them but after an incident(which no one has any recollection of except maybe Gladion), Lillie was Traumatized(aka PTSD). Episodes 47-49 start to peel back the mystery surrounding this question.

Years
So, SM049 will be celebrating a huge milestone for the anime - 1,000 episodes! November 9th will be that special day for anyone wanting to know.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So, SM049 will be celebrating a huge milestone for the anime - 1,000 episodes! November 9th will be that special day for anyone wanting to know.

Hah 1000 Episodes and on my BDay no less. Significance abounds but I'll probably be preoccupied with NFL by going to a Sports Bar to celebrate.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It will be interesting to see what the 1000 episode has in store.

Possibly the start to the new season as well, which might be what they are waiting on to change the SM opening.

Last edited:
Back