• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 123 25.9%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.2%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 19.2%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 183 38.5%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Trades evolutions done by level, all at Lv 50. I also implemented your earlier typing ideas.

New update coming in a minute, as I just figured out how to get pikachu to evolve by happiness, one of my major goals! It went faster than I expected, being that I'm a novice. That just leaves the annoying walking sprite issue, which honestly I'm not sure I can fix at my novice level, although thankfully Nintendo's Pikachu sprite looks pretty good. You can still force evolve pikachu by thunder stone instead if you really want, for those people who cruelly box their pikachu and hate raising its happiness.

Moon Stone being available in shops is a good idea, since it's a 151 hack. I'd forgotten it can be hard to find enough moon stones to evolve all the mons, thanks.
Yeah, I haven't looked at altering TMs yet, but that should be simple. I think I might have already altered Venusaur to have Sludge (like I did a number of poisons) but I'm not sure, need to double check as I forgot. Coulda sworn it already had earthquake but I guess that must be later gen.

I have difficulty seeing Starmie as part electric, but it would be different, give a great new typing (I always loved Lanturn) and definitely make the Misty battle harder, heh; I know putting Thunder on Starmie is a very popular moveset, so it wouldn't be that different in some ways. Although Starmie is one of my favorite psychics, won Pokemon Stadium with her. Losing that STAB would hurt a bit, although STAB thunder on Starmie is nothing to sniff at either.
I think it might also be interesting to have Golduck Water/Dark instead as dark types often learn psychic moves too? Or would that just be counter-intuitive?

I've also made Golem pure rock in latest update; I believe this matches the Alolan form and would give it less weaknesses, although Geodude can stay part ground to add more difficulty against your starter Pikachu.

While this is the first time this has been implemented in Yellow and any 151 hack to my knowledge, I have to say I think I've seen similar ideas before, so I can't claim to be that brilliant, sorry. It is a shame more hacks don't use it, though.

I think making golduck a water physic would be better considering how strong physic moves are against water types. I love using physic moves against water Pokemon especially in the newer gens since geratina can learn shadowforce allowing me to have a strong physic and ghost move to match my thunderbolt and ancient power loveseat for geratina.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
So I tried playing this on a gameboy color emulator for Android and turns out the game slows down immensely in battle if Pikachu is the first Pokemon sent out. Is this normal? I mean, I have to wait a whole minute so that Pikachu's cry slowly passes on before the fight, bag, run etc options appear on screen.

Alex Griphon

I know you. Do you know me?
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
This might be the best hack of Yellow ever created...

But the glitched cry and freezing push it down a bit.
Any way to fix this? It's pretty saddening.

I see a lot of people experiencing this, too.
Should I just downgrade the version I'm using?

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hack looks great, does it include ALL the Eeveelution till generation 6?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen May 18, 2018
I've wasted hours on this glitchy abomination, why was this abandoned? There was so much potential. Now I'm cringing and crying because I lost too much time and progress and I wanted to enjoy this hack, but 3.1 is so broken it is terribly sad! Game crashed lost progress, Pikachu call at start of battle is pianful and long, soft locking and time maxing out to 255:59, I wantmy hours of my life back trying to make this work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
This hack looks absolutely amazing. This is some awesome work and I would love to play this ASAP when I get some time away from working on my Pokemon Gold hack right now.
Keep up the good work, I love it!

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
I'm interested in playing this mod and I've downloaded the newest patch (3.1). Ive barely played it because of the pika-cry-glitch so I'm wondering which patch version of this room hack should I play and if there is a fix for said glitch or any others I should know about so I don't lose my game progress later on. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Hi, I think this hack is fantastic but I have found these issues:
glitches with dark/bright sprites randomly changed;
following pokemon model very different from the pokemon you have (for example I got a gastly following me for hoothoot)
any advice?

Years
I'm still getting the freeze when I send out Pikachu against Blue in the first battle in the lab.It shows that I have no items on Pikachu but when I give it the berry juice to hold it says removed chow and then the game hangs.How can I fix this?I've been really wanting to try this game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry guys, I didn't notice the stupid pikachu cry bug. I will try to fix immediately.

Edit: Fixed. Girl is fixed also: I apparently accidentally reverted a file back without paying attention that controlled the girl sprite, it was easy to fix.
The beach house bug, which either crashed or disallowed you to surf with Raichu even if you had Raichu, which I'm not sure anyone but me noticed, was also fixed.

I really should have gotten around to looking at this page months earlier, since I knew of the beach house bug, I kept meaning to but never got around to it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Oh, wow, I didn't know people had put mods on 3ds's virtual console (though I had been thinking of looking that up). Did you just pop the SD card into a usb stick and drop the EvoYellow mod down on it or something?

edit: ah, I see, you have to hack your console, just like the old way of playing before all those vc games came out.

----

Now, as anyone who looks at the new Github page knows, there is now an Eevee version, which is perfectly playable, and has eevee images for everything except pikachu thunderbolting (Because eevee doesn't learn thunderbolt!) but not very tested. I know some of the emotion sprite animations don't quite match up and look glitchy; if anyone with a good eyeball can tell me exactly which images (they all have really terrible labels like e5gfoogleboo, well, okay, not quite like that, but close enough) / would care to test it out, it would be appreciated. Once I have a less buggy version I will post the ips on here as well. Anyone who is curious about implementing followme changes will probably enjoy looking at the Eevee commits as they touch up on what you need to change the starter, except for maybe the all pokemon follow func which I don't think I touched as I already had eevee following. I randomly choose Sylveon as Eevee's happiness evo, but there are only eevee happy sprites at the moment.

One thing I'm contemplating doing is trying to implement some kind of mock mega-evolution system where eevee can spontaneously evolve during battle into an evolution, and use hidden power for its same type attack or something like that, or simply let eevee learn some type tms as, frankly, most normal types can learn a few type moves and eevee is a bland exception. This would make it like the Pokemon manga (my memories of it are fairly foggy, but I think there was a eevee that knew thunderbolt, bubblebeam, flamethrower I think, and could turn into flareon, espeon, or umbreon.) I'm risking running of room for stuff as pikachu images already take up a whole bank, but it might be nice to add actual mega-evolutions too at some point if it isn't too much of a pain.

I am also still working on the Meowth sprites / Meowth version, but ironically they take a little more time than the eevee as eevee's face is surprisingly similar to pikachu (it's the ears.) Anyone who wants to contribute pokemon images to the github page or something would be loved. :P Or anything at all, even. I haven't really used github before, and it was frustrating at first (kept erroring on the very first commit) but now it's setup it's working wonderfully.
I also made some efforts toward making a normal version with none of the weird type changes that some folks hate, but still need to fix the level up movesets before that is finished.

Last edited:

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
I'm a simple man. I see Riolu in a GBC hack, I like. Where do you find it by the way? I've only encountered it via trainers.

EDIT: Okay so I found it. You have to trade Tangela for it near Fuchsia City. Kind of hoped I could have one under my OT so I can nickname it myself, but so be it. Who made the sprites for Riolu and Lucario?

Last edited:
Back