Discussion Pokémon Essentials v18 progress report Page 2

Started by Maruno July 31st, 2019 12:52 PM
  • 33 replies
Non-binary
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
69 posts
3 Years
Is it possible to change versions? Like if a started a game with v17 and v18 came out, could I switch?
It will be difficult if you changed a lot of scripts, particularly in battle effects. That’s why I didn’t upgraded my years old game to Essentials 17 and above (But I have ported some fixes and additions, though)
ΚΟΡΑ ΚΟΡΕ RPG MAKER XP
http://el.poke-kore.wikia.com/wiki/Qora#Λήψη - Download
http://el.poke-kore.wikia.com/wiki/Qora or just read the greek documentation (Note: May require google translator to read this in English)

My favorite Pokémon from the official games are Alcremie and Keklneon.

My favorite own self made Pokémon are Wikimedia and Frikipaideia

Vendily

Female
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
972 posts
4.3 Years
Is it possible to change versions? Like if a started a game with v17 and v18 came out, could I switch?
It technically depends on what had changed. You will have to install any scripts again, and redo edits that you may have made (though some edits become unnecessary because the update includes the feature or fixes the bug.)

Some updates break PBS files. the v17 update did just that, adding in a new required property. I don't know if that will be the case here.
A decent number of updates break public scripts. v17 also did that, as it had renamed a few classes, so older scripts using the older names crashed.

But if you didn't really do anything crazy, it'll probably port fine when the time comes.

CharizardThree3

DarkPlatinum Developer

Male
Canada
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
132 posts
1.5 Years
Tsuina wrote
I had many problems with my maps also when I upgraded to v17 I had to recreate them empty then copy the previous maps and still lost some because the numbers were not the same anymore but it was worth it
I don't think so to upgrade.. right Wolf?
It would be hard thing to do
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1 posts
5.6 Years
Take as much time as you need; things are better without cut corners.

Also, although I plan on using Essentials in the distant future, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll want Gen VIII in it, I'd honestly be equally happy if it contained up to Gen VII; if it included Gen 8, it'd be more up-to-date, but I'd have to learn an entirely new meta, and I'm not sure how you and the other devs would apply moves introduced in Gen 8 to Pokémon that don't appear in Sword and Shield.
Non-binary
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
69 posts
3 Years
Take as much time as you need; things are better without cut corners.

Also, although I plan on using Essentials in the distant future, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll want Gen VIII in it, I'd honestly be equally happy if it contained up to Gen VII; if it included Gen 8, it'd be more up-to-date, but I'd have to learn an entirely new meta, and I'm not sure how you and the other devs would apply moves introduced in Gen 8 to Pokémon that don't appear in Sword and Shield.
I’m in it too but I’m worried because the icons appear to be bigger compared to past gens such as Larger Pokémon.
ΚΟΡΑ ΚΟΡΕ RPG MAKER XP
http://el.poke-kore.wikia.com/wiki/Qora#Λήψη - Download
http://el.poke-kore.wikia.com/wiki/Qora or just read the greek documentation (Note: May require google translator to read this in English)

My favorite Pokémon from the official games are Alcremie and Keklneon.

My favorite own self made Pokémon are Wikimedia and Frikipaideia

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!

Age 31
Male
Castelia City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
625 posts
11.1 Years
I'm just gonna slip in here, after my long absence.
I'm glad to see this is still being developed, and this time, it really looks like you're doing a crazy undertaking Maruno. Mad props for that, the battle system in Essentials really was one mell of a hess.
I look forward to eventually seeing this build. As much as I've moved to other things (I don't even have RMXP installed these days), I'd be down to try the new version out once it's available, whenever that may be!

Advertiser Content