• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

BluRose

blu rass
Years
o programa não pode ser iniciado porque está faltando api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, how to resolve ? google.translate.
eu não sei a correção, só estou traduzindo para você

This program can't be started because it's missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, how do I fix it?

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Okay, I'm having a bug and this thread is making it a bit confusing to figure out.

I encountered the bug where the Pokeballs and Pokedexes become distorted, which you said you fixed. However, I'm not sure which version you fixed it in. I was using the OWM in the folder that was labeled "1.2.1." But when I download from the OP, the download folder just says "OWM," and now I can't even find where the hell I downloaded the 1.2.1 folder from. Which one am I supposed to use, and which one fixes this bug?

Always run the source code latest release. I deleted the 1.2.1 and generally stopped giving version names as it was getting tiring. There will be one file, OWM.zip, which will be the latest release.

As for the fix, like I said 5 posts earlier the error was due to problematic repointing when the rom gets loaded for the first time. By fixing it I meant that from now on this bug will not be reproduced. So if you use the latest version on a clean rom the bug won't appear. To manually fix these OWs, open (with the latest version of OWM) a clean version of the rom you are using and from that copy the OW data of your OW to your rom. But, be careful to keep the frames pointer (+0x1C from the start of the OW Data Address) as this is the pointer for your OW's frames.

o programa não pode ser iniciado porque está faltando api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, how to resolve ? google.translate.

here

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Where is the data repointed to on a clean ROM? Is there always a specific address? Why does the bug happen?

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Where is the data repointed to on a clean ROM? Is there always a specific address?

To find each OW's Data Address check the "OverWorld Menu" in OWM. The OW data is a 36 bytes long struct which holds the OW's info. Things like its palette ID, slot, dimensions, animations and frames pointers. For more info you can check this thread.

Why does the bug happen?

When a rom is loaded for the first time, OWM repoints all the OWs. The bug happened because I didn't repoint one pointer in the Data Struct of each OW. In the end, I just made it copy the Data Struct over when repointing and only changing the frames pointer (since the frames get also repointed) to make sure no more strange behaviors occur.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
If I open my backup (which I haven't opened the tool on) in the updated version, the bug won't occur? Sorry, just wanna e extra careful!

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
If I open my backup (which I haven't opened the tool on) in the updated version, the bug won't occur? Sorry, just wanna e extra careful!

Yes, the bug won't occur. But, just to be safe don't delete that backup (although, at this point I think that chances of another major bug occurring are minimal).

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
So, uh, I inserted a Pokemon sprite using the program. I added 1 OW (152), I inserted the sprite sheet from Spriters' Resource, I put an event with that sprite number in A-Map (it looked like the OW there), yet when I run the game, it became the young boy sprite. When I insert it overtop of an old sprite, it just doesn't appear in-game.

I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work. :v

(If it's relevant, I don't have JPAN's engine. I need to keep the events in place.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
eu não sei a correção, só estou traduzindo para você

This program can't be started because it's missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, how do I fix it?
Error Loading Python DLL:
C:\Users\aight\AppData\Local\temp\_MEI61322\python35.dll error code 193

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
So, uh, I inserted a Pokemon sprite using the program. I added 1 OW (152), I inserted the sprite sheet from Spriters' Resource, I put an event with that sprite number in A-Map (it looked like the OW there), yet when I run the game, it became the young boy sprite. When I insert it overtop of an old sprite, it just doesn't appear in-game.

That's too bugs with one shot, nice job! They are both fixed now.

Error Loading Python DLL:
C:\Users\aight\AppData\Local\temp\_MEI61322\python35.dll error code 193

I think this is due to the program I used to compile the python code. Redownload the tool and tell me if it still happens.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Bless the sun, it works!

LOOAoYU.png

You have literally saved me so much work that I can't even begin to say how happy I am! Thank you so much for this tool.

I do have one suggestion. I noticed that, when importing Pokemon overworlds from Spriter's Resource, one of the walking frames for each direction uses the stationary sprite (for example: if frames 3 and 4 are the walking frames, frame 3 will use the stationary sprite and frame 4 will use the walking sprite). It'll look much better if you put the walking sprite on both of those frames instead of just one, given how the Gen III games animate their sprites. Otherwise, I have no other suggestions. Great work!

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 10, 2021
You can do that by changing the Free Space Address for your Rom's Profile in the INI. When it repoints the table it starts looking for free space from there and on.

Oh! Thank you!

It's great the application but I had not been able to implement it in my hack because it had occupied the address 0x800000.

I do not know if now looking for the space available from that offset. Since previously only overwrote from 0x800000.

Many thanks!

Max.

EDIT: Yeah! Work fine! And search free space, no more overwrite!

Thanks!

:D

Last edited:

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Hey Kimonas,

I decided I'd just leave the message here since it adds to the content in the thread, but the first part of the overworld sprite editing video has been completed and released!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
The second part of the overworld sprite editing video has been completed and released!

Spoiler:
Thanks for answering my questions when I was confused! :)

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
How many OW's can I add into Firered? I want to make sure before I go overboard
~65,535 - 15 total with jpan's engine and keeping union room intact (way more than is necessary)
65,535 total with jpan's engine but without union room
without jpan's engine it goes up to 240 total (keeping union room/dynamic overworlds intact)
not caring about dynamics gives 255 total

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
So, I've run into a problem with Emerald, namely berry tree sprites getting annihilated. At first I thought it was due to sprites I had inserted myself, but the same issue comes up when I save the auto-repointed data to a clean ROM. I'm thinking it's probably an issue with pointers, then, but the problem is that I don't even know where to begin with berry trees. They seem to be OW's #60-62 (although looking in AdvanceMap, I could only see #60 being used anywhere), but trying to point those back to their original locations didn't work.
Pokemon%20Emerald%20Zwei.png

Last edited:
Back