bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Online now
Posted 16 Minutes Ago
14,921 posts
11.5 Years
What did people think about the availability of the traditional Kanto Starters in LGPE?

Personally - it was decently done. You could get them all as a gift like in Yellow (and this was basically a Yellow remake), but there was also opportunity to find them earlier in the wild as a rare encounter, including Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest. It helped encourage engaging more with the overworld wild Pokemon mechanic, imo. But what about you?
Age 32
Female
Seen May 27th, 2019
Posted May 27th, 2019
191 posts
8.4 Years
Personally, I don't understand the necessity of both the handouts AND availability in the wild.
Spawning them in the wild might be rare but that's simple to elevate with a chain of 11 of any Pokemon on the route.

I haven't used the handouts, haven't even collected the Charmander. I held out for shinies of Charmander and Bulbasaur in the wild and am hoping for Squirtle to result from the Meowth chain I finished on route 24.

I liked it, it never made sense you couldn't find them in-game, Professor Oak had to get them from somewhere.
If the 3rd gen episode (6x25) 'A Mudkip Mission' is any indication, then the professors outsource their starters from breeders.

Advertiser Content