• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 1 Format Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
I think the resource is great, BUT its nothing close to completion.
There are many sprites, which are just resized to fit the 56x56 size limit, and are left with a distorted image. I think you should put some work on them, polish them up, and they'll look nice, just like what you did with the dragonite sprite.
About the proportion issue, you should resize every sprite, not just the ones which exceed the size limit. And for "Pikachu being as big as Ivysaur", for instance, shouldn't be an issue then, as even the sprites from the gen 3 games focused more on quality over them being proportionally accurate.
4z6pTZC.png
(blastoise should be 5x the size of a pikachu to be proportionally accurate)
In short, If you'll put some more work into making the sprites look better, this resource will be helpful for lots of people working with gen1/gen2 games,

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I think the resource is great, BUT its nothing close to completion.
There are many sprites, which are just resized to fit the 56x56 size limit, and are left with a distorted image. I think you should put some work on them, polish them up, and they'll look nice, just like what you did with the dragonite sprite.
About the proportion issue, you should resize every sprite, not just the ones which exceed the size limit. And for "Pikachu being as big as Ivysaur", for instance, shouldn't be an issue then, as even the sprites from the gen 3 games focused more on quality over them being proportionally accurate.
4z6pTZC.png
(blastoise should be 5x the size of a pikachu to be proportionally accurate)
In short, If you'll put some more work into making the sprites look better, this resource will be helpful for lots of people working with gen1/gen2 games,

Proportionally smaller means that body parts are proportionally larger on Pokemon that are mean to be bigger. Pikachu's arms and legs are smaller than Blastoise in the images you posted. GF has literally NEVER ignored proportions in any game barring a few errant G1 sprites (which were immediately corrected in G2), so please stop perpetuating the myth that GF doesn't care about proportions because they do.

Back