• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

N64 Renders & Gifs

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Anyone have any ideas what you can do with these?
mario_relaxing_in_opening_of_mario_party_3_by_merry255-damvd70.gif

If so, let me know! Because just posting them in wikis doesn't seem enough usage to me. ^^

Here are some more renders I've made over the years (could have made a lot more, but don't see a point without purpose)! =D

Click on the animated images to see their original resolution ^^ I'm only posting the thumbnails to prevent loads of loading, unless it's not animated. =)

Spoiler: Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. 64
samus_from_super_smash_bros___n64__by_merry255-dan42gn.gif
mario_from_super_smash_bros___n64__by_merry255-dan41vp.gif

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (is Wii and not N64, but whatever)
reupload___pikachu_from_ssbb_by_merry255-damrz09.gif

There's no way I'll try rendering characters from that game again! oO

Spoiler: Super Mario

Super Mario 64
super_mario_64___mario_asleep___reupload_by_merry255-d771vof.gif
Pink-Bob-Omb_zpsf946830c.gif
Mario-sleep2_zpse922473c.gif
Mario-sleep-head-plz_zps9a202717.gif

While we're at it, here's some screenshots of a SM64 Rom hack I once wanted to make but never completed. ^^
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Bomberman on N64 (also contains some bosses and other unlockables, you've been warned)
Bomberman 64
reupload___regulus_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqrir.png
reupload___orion_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqpxg.png
reupload___artemis_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqpcb.png
reupload___super_altair_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damrfp5.png
cerberus_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqkw8.png
vega___bomberman_64_boss_rendered_by_merry255-d7qfejp.png
draco_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqopj.png

Am I the only one that thinks Draco (the dragon) is wearing fish-slippers?

And now my biggest renders from the game, Mantis, the boss that scared me as a child =3
reupload___mantis_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqm3i.png
maskless_mantis_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-damqmkg.png

battle-coin_zpsdb14120b.gif
reupload___gold_card_from_bomberman_64_by_merry255-dameeji.gif
golden_armor_by_merry255-d7qff0p.gif

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!
reupload___bomber_spaceship_from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfovf.png
reupload___behemos_from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfq4y.png
Behemos_hug_zps86ba2937.png
Behemos2_1_zpsf62bb336.png
reupload___regulus__bulzeeb__from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfqg2.png
Regulus2_zps10af4fe8.png
reupload___molok_from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfrjl.png
reuploud___rukifellth_from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfwvf.png
reupload___zhael_from_b64_tsa_by_merry255-danfwd5.png
Mihaele2_zpsd2716262.png
Lilith2_zpsd28b6fb6.png
Baelfaelbeaten2_zpsa34ab2e9.png
Baelfael2_zpsee6ea1c7.png
Ashtarth2_zps0e57e70c.png

Lilith_zps1bef3650.gif
Zhael-laugh_zps5066a6e0.gif

Bomberman Hero
gameover3_zps310ddbf3.gif
Bomberman-weak_zpsb0f1fdf8.gif
Bomberman-stand_zps6e43e13e.gif
Bomberman_dying_zps50c63fda.gif
reupload___bagular_from_bomberman_hero_by_merry255-danfz95.gif

Spoiler: Kirby
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
adeleine_from_kirby_64_by_merry255-damgsai.png

whispy_woods_jr__from_kirby_64_by_merry255-danfj7d.gif
pix_from_kirby_64_by_merry255-danfk29.gif
magman_from_kirby_64_by_merry255-danfkel.gif

Some of these are un-clickable because they're already as small as thumbnails. =P

Spoiler: Conker's Bad Fur Day
conker_rareware_on_n64_by_merry255-dammk0w.png
conker_and_berri_in_matrix_style___n64_render_by_merry255-d8lq0d3.png
anti_gravity_chocolate_from_conker_s_bad_fur_day_by_merry255-damqvhf.png

Spoiler: Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 64
reupload___king_kruiser_ii_from_dk64_by_merry255-damgvil.png
KRoolfortress_zps4a9934ec.png

reupload___cranky_kong_barrel_from_donkey_kong_64_by_merry255-damrvyv.gif
dk_s_radio_from_donkey_kong_64_by_merry255-dan2gdv.gif

Spoiler: Banjo Kazooie
bottles_from_banjo_kazooie_by_merry255-damqthx.png
gruntilda_from_banjo_kazooie_by_merry255-damgvvn.png

What's wrong with Bottle's (the mole) eyes ? XD

Spoiler: F-Zero GX, which isn't N64. but I'll include it anyways
Surprisingly enough, this the only NGC title I can render like this, and its the easiest game I've ever rendered! =O Making these is almost a breeze! =D
captain_falcon_rendered_from_f_zero_gx_by_merry255-damyo7g.png

for 5,431 x 3,393 version click here

all_vehicles_from_f_zero_gx_by_merry255-damvxds.png

These look amazing on bright backgrounds, but not so great on dark... Maybe I need to see if there's a way to make their semi-transparent pixels black instead. =/

Spoiler: Tutorial on how to make N64 Renders
Thought I'd hack the game or use tools to do it for me, right? Not so much, really... Anyone can do it, but only with a couple of programs, precision, and time! ^^
Here's a little walk-through on how to make this:
samus_from_super_smash_bros___n64__by_merry255-dan42gn.gif

Requirements: Project64, N64 ROM (.z64 file), ScreenGet, Gimp
You have to find N64 ROMs on your own, sorry.
Steps:
  1. Install the programs
  2. Set up ScreenGet by choosing in File/Config...
    2016_11_02_22_46_28_config_by_merry255-dan8i88.png
    • a Frame Delay (60 seems more stable, doesn't overload the program as fast, and is easier to render)
      Note: Most modern browsers support a speed up to 20ms, but that's 3x as many frames as 60ms
    • an Output Format (I chose .PNG because it's easier to view and edit)
    • a File Path (somewhere you can easily find it, I made a folder titled screenshots on my Desktop)

3. Set up Project64
    • Note: The program may pop up a window for a code, you don't have to enter one, it's just there to remind non-supporters that they can support by making a donation, which will make the window disappear in the future. Don't worry about it. http://www.pj64-emu.com/support-project64.html
    • In the big white area in the program right-click and select Choose ROM Directory... and choose the folder you saved your N64 ROM in so that the game(s) may be listed.
      2016_11_02_22_53_55_project64_2_3_0_210_by_merry255-dan8ixr.png
    • In Options/Settings I have chosen in Plugins the Video plugin Jabo's Direct 3D8 (may be selected by default)
    • In Options set up Configure Graphics Plugin select whatever size you want which will affect how big your render will be.
      Note: Making it too big will make textures look quite ugly and pixelated, and the file size bigger.
    • In Options set up Configure Controller Plugin... your plugged in controller or keyboard.
      Note: You can use an N64 Controller that has an USB on the end, I use Logitech Gamepad F310.

4. Open the game in the emulator and have it run... I'll show Super Smash Bros. for this.
    2016_11_02_23_05_42_super_smash_bros___u____projec_by_merry255-dan8k55.png

5. Find something in the game that you want rendered, preferably with little to no background elements or interruption.
    2016_11_02_23_08_47_super_smash_bros___u____projec_by_merry255-dan8kda.png

6. When ready, load up ScreenGet and hit Record, then the emulator window to start recording what the game displays.
    2016_11_02_23_17_42_screenget_by_merry255-dan8l31.png
  7. When you think you have enough screenshots, hit Pause, then Save.
    Note: The program glitches on me when trying to save 100+ screenshots and then doesn't save most of the animation.
  8. Close out Project64 and ScreenGet
  9. Load up Gimp
  10. In Gimp hit File, then...
    • Open... when you want to render one image of your choice.
    • Open as Layers... when wanting to make an animated GIF.

11. After choosing your folder and file(s), open it/them.
  12. To make it easier, hit the Rectangle Select Tool (gray rectangle with dotted border), select an area around what you're wanting to edit (for an animation, do not select a too small area or else the other layers are cropped off where you don't want them to be), and hit Image/Crop to Selection.
    2016_11_02_23_29_04___screen_0001___imported__16_0_by_merry255-dan8m6f.png

13. Use a tool to remove the background.
    Note: When having several layers for an animation, it's good to make the other layers invisible to only focus one layer at a time. To do so, hit the eye button next to the layers you want to hide.
    • Fuzzy Select Tool for selecting a big chunk of the background and then hitting the Del/Delete button on your keyboard.
      Note: Holding down the left mouse button on the area you want to select and moving your mouse up/down will increase/decrease how much the tool is selecting.
      2016_11_02_23_49_39___untitled__16_0__rgb_color__6_by_merry255-dan8nqd.png

My settings on the tool:
      2016_11_02_23_50_08_toolbox___tool_options_by_merry255-dan8o2r.png

[*]Rectangle Select Tool and View/Zoom set to a high number for high precision in removing the background.
      2016_11_02_23_49_10___untitled__16_0__rgb_color__6_by_merry255-dan8nqi.png

[*]When you're done you're ready to save (those with more layers need to repeat that process with every layer and then delete all layers but the ones needed for a fluent animation)
    Go to File/Export as... and select...
    • PNG image if you're making a render of one image. (make sure the filename has .png at the end, if not, rewrite the end of it)
    • GIF image if you're saving it as an animation. (make sure the filename has .gif at the end, if not, rewrite the end of it)
      Then select the following:
      2016_11_02_23_44_05_export_image_as_gif_by_merry255-dan8nv6.png
      • have As animation checked
      • have/leave Loop forever checked
      • Delay between frames where unspecified set to ScreenGet's Frame Delay you used.
      • Frame disposal where unspecified set to One frame per layer (replace)
      • have Use delay entered above for all frames checked
      • have Use disposal entered above for all frames checked
    Then hit Export

You're finished! :D

I use Photoshop, but it's about the exact same thing just that the selection tool works bit differently and I have to do different stuff to turn the layers into frames of an animation. *sweat*

If you guys can name me good reasons to make more of these, I'll look moreinto rendering stuff then, like Jigglypuff and Pikachu from SSB64. :P Otherwise it's not worth the hours of editing. *sweat*

Last edited:
Years
Are you allowing people to use these renders for various things? If so, I'd like to ask if it would be ok to tag this as a resource. I think a lot of people would find it useful!

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Are you allowing people to use these renders for various things? If so, I'd like to ask if it would be ok to tag this as a resource. I think a lot of people would find it useful!

Oh, EVERYTHING I make you all can use! =D N64, sprites, anything! ^-^ I'd be totally thrilled if someone finally found use of what I make and thus encourage me to make more! =D Heck, I'd even include the textures for the SM64 hack if you wanted it! ^^

Matter of fact, I should work on a signature and mention how much I love it when people want to use my stuff. ^#^ ♥ *is excited about the idea of this being tagged as Resource, didn't know I could do that until you pointed it out*

Last edited:
Back