• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you ever refuse a nickname in X/Y and just use your name instead?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
As you know, in the beginning of X/Y, you get asked by your soon to be friends if you want them to use a nickname for you. They give you three options and an option to choose you own. Have you ever picked that last option and just put your name back in?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I did the second time since I had no ideas for what nickname they should've called me

blue

gucci
Years
On a couple of occasions, I'd use their suggestions just for the sheer fact that I wasn't creative enough nor could I be bothered to come up with a better name. There have been times when I've totally gone against that though and used my own name, yeah.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I chose my own nickname - but I didn't make it my original name.

My character name was Bella and my nickname was Bee.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Does it count if I entered my own name with "Queen" right before it? Because that's what I did, and I like to imagine those chumps were bowing before "Queen Lisa" and basking in my glory every time they showed up.

But yeah, the nicknames they come up with are dumb. The "L-Kins" one they suggested is basically a city (Elkins) in West Virginia.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I jokingly said they should call me Dark Lord.

Now I'm super seriously playing, but they still call little cutesy Rika protagonist DARK LORD whenever they meet up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I just used my name again for the nickname the first time I played. It was kind of weird in some instances. They tried portraying Trevor as a character who felt it was "too soon" to start referring to someone by a nickname, and there was at least one instance of him saying "Hey, [Name]-- Uh, I mean, [Nickname]," which definitely sounds weird if you used the same name for your nickname. As cute of a feature as it is, I think it definitely works better in Japanese, where people will refer to others with differing honorifics depending on how close they are, and may even shorten their name when doing so.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I decided to take the fourth option and asked them to just refer me by the nickname Windy, just like how I'm usually called in here.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
In my very first playthrough I chose "Lady J" from the options they gave me, but in every subsequent playthrough I just chose my real name.

Back