• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you find yourself replaying Gen 6 games?

rawcomrade91

Check out my reviews at SwitchJoy.net
Years
Just curious...do you find yourself going back to Gen 6 to replay those games? I've been wanting to restart Alpha Sapphire for some time now (since I want to recapture all the legends with decent natures and IVs), but always felt daunted by having to go through the game again. I just restarted AS a couple nights ago, and I'm loving it. Revisiting Hoenn for the first time in AS was a huge blast of nostalgia, and it feels the same this time around, except I find myself sort of rushing through. I am definitely having fun while doing so, though. I think RSE had some of the best music in the series, and ORAS remade those tracks beautifully.

I usually like to leave my save files and Pokémon collection intact, but with the advent of Pokémon bank, I find my old saves files rather empty anyway, so it's easy to hit that restart button.

So, now that Sun and Moon have been out for a while now, have you yet found yourself going back and replaying some of the older games? Or do you like to leave your games intact?

Years
Honestly I didn't, I found XY to be the worst games in the series. The games were really easy, had a shallow story, and it had little to do after beating the game.

But I am going back to play other Pokemon games, as I'm currently playing Crystal.

blue

gucci
Years
I haven't played much of gen VI lately, mainly down to the fact that Gen VII is still fairly recent and I've had tons of assignments to sort out. Hopefully when I get more time I'll get around to finishing my Y save!

Years
I haven't been replaying 6th Gen much since I started with Moon. Kalos has been an uninteresting region, while I did have enough of Hoenn lately as well.

Imafroggy

King
Years
Honestly I didn't, I found XY to be the worst games in the series. The games were really easy, had a shallow story, and it had little to do after beating the game.

But I am going back to play other Pokemon games, as I'm currently playing Crystal.

I second this thought.
I have never replayed a game in the 6th gen.
I never even finished X and Y.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Been doing tons of replays of both X and Alpha saphire over the years I just never get bored replaying pokemon games with difrent teams i traded over as eggs

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I might replay one of the Hoenn remakes sometime this Summer, depending on what gets announced/doesn't get announced.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I haven't really touched ORAS since my first playthough of Omega Ruby. I picked up a copy of each and was streaming my Alpha Sapphire playthrough in like February 2015 before I started working full time. I just haven't gotten the motivation to go back and play it.

I found myself replaying Pokémon Y maybe a year or so after the games came out. My internet was down for a week so I thought I'd give Kalos another run and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I used some new Pokémon I hadn't previously used and I noticed some nuances that went over my head when I first played.

Years
I am constantly replaying my pokemon games because money is tight. I tend to play 3 versions at a time and switch between them a lot. Currently playing Y, Sun, and Platinum version atm. I've got all the games except for Moon, X, and D/P so I have plenty to keep me busy and restarting doesn't get old because I have so many different games to play. The one thing I really liked about X/Y was the amount of pokemon to choose from in the wilds. Old favorites, new ones, etc. I feel like X/Y may have had a weak story but it had the best variety of wild pokemon for the story. After a while you kind of stop playing the games for the story and more for the battling aspect and filling the dex. So for me it's all good and I still play my Y version. Too bad the GTS and Wonder Trade have been rendered useless. I always enjoyed those features and I still enjoy super training far more than training in S/M.

Back