• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cello's guide to everything tile insertion/placement (HUGE Guide, Tips, FAQ)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Or, he could read this post regarding enabling the twelfth palette.

Ah, I forgot about that thread, yes. That in fact is perhaps the best answer, now I think of it. Sorry for forgetting your great work on that, it would be better than just ignoring the pallette I guess.

Years
I've inserted the Tall Grass from Emerald into FireRed (The ones on route 119). Yes, I did change the animation to act as Tall/High grass, however, it still does nothing when walked over (and I say walked over because that's what happens, over, not under or through).
I know I saw something about this a while back, but for the life of me (and four hours of searching) I haven't been able to find the thread again. If I remember correctly, it involved something to do with the behavior byte. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I've inserted the Tall Grass from Emerald into FireRed (The ones on route 119). Yes, I did change the animation to act as Tall/High grass, however, it still does nothing when walked over (and I say walked over because that's what happens, over, not under or through).
I know I saw something about this a while back, but for the life of me (and four hours of searching) I haven't been able to find the thread again. If I remember correctly, it involved something to do with the behavior byte. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Did you actually try to check the Research and Development thread?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=252704

Found it in 2 seconds there. Your 4 hours searching was in the wrong place at a guess. Anyway, there's the link.

Years
I can't believe this, that was one of the few places I didn't look, because my "assistant" was looking there for me... Well, thank you very much, now I'm going to go exterminate my assistant and fix the problem.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Quick question where did you get the tree and house tiles? I really like them and would like to put them in my hack

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
This tutorial doesn't wrk for me. Theres no free space in my tileset so I have to place my tile over something. And when I load it up in A-Map, the whole tile is dark blue, help please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, YOU ARE THE BEST EVER. :)

Years
So I absolutely love this guide! It is easily the most helpful guide that I have ever seen regarding ROM hacking. Thank you :)

I have a bit of a problem however. I have followed this guide and inserted my tiles just like it says, and yet I have found that in VBA, the tiles appear really messed up. I have worked on trying to fix this for a few hours now, and have even searched the forums and have come up completely empty handed. Figured you guys could help me out here.

Here is what it looks like in A-Map:
Spoiler:

Yet in VBA it appears like this:
Spoiler:

Not sure what to do, any help would be fantastic guys. :)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Great tut! How ever I have read somewhere that you can only use a certain number of palettes on a given map. Have you heard of this error and if you do how many palettes are allowed on the map at once?

lhabcuanime

LhabxJhieL
Years
Thanks Cello for this Tutorials .. ive searching in google's/youtube .. how to insert tilemap ..now i know bcuz of this great tuts .. thanks

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
There one question how do I make the Pokecenter pallet space in A-map and how do you remove those dot pixels?Please give me a link on some good tiles.
thanx

Can you put the trees and grass together in Pal0 like when I'm gonna use BW style.

Last edited:
Years
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question... Once you import tiles, you have to construct the blocks(using the up/down box and setting the behavior bytes process...) that you will actually use when you piece together each map. Can you skip directly to turning an image into a block? Meaning the only thing you would have to do is change the behavior bytes? Constructing the actual blocks takes an insane amount of time, and I'm planning on making a hack from scratch (and by scratch I mean all the tiles from the best public sets out there.)

Anyways, I hope people on this thread will know what I'm talking about! Thank you!
~Blackout

P.S. Spherical Ice said I could revive this thread

Back