• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explorers of Sky Opens With NPRE Editor

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I'm not sure how useful this will be, but I'd like to share it anyway. So NPRE. Most Rom Editors for mainstream games DO NOT work for Mystery Dungeon, due to how sheerly different they are. I was not really expecting it to work for this, it was just a "What's there to lose?" Moment. Now, there isn't much that can be modified with this, because several of the file types are incompatible, but I don't think that that means it's useless. I think it's a miracle that it managed to open it at all and display the contents somewhat coherently.
Now this is useful...how? Well, I'm not very well versed PMD research, but I do have some ideas.
The first is Hex. This nifty tool can show the offset of every single file in the game. I know enough of Hex Editing to know that this is an asset to researchers. If there was any offset that was unknown before now, that can end.
It can also open each individual file in Hex. This I find especially neat.
WARNING: Opening certain PMD files with NPRE hex will result in the program becoming unresponsive. Open with caution. Sometimes it will pull through, other times you'll need to just close it and open it again.
You'll notice the main window is blank. Not much can be done there. PMD's structure is interesting, to say the least-I don't think it's incomprehensible. But I hope this helps.

Attachments

• NPRE Screenshot.png
    NPRE Screenshot.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png