Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '!', expecting '(' in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php(317) : eval()'d code on line 176

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '!', expecting '(' in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php(317) : eval()'d code on line 176

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION) - Page 421 - The PokéCommunity Forums

ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2009 (5:58 AM).
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charon the Ferryman View Post
    Um... lol?

I would just learn how to assemble the music via hex editing. So much more reliable than crappy Sappy.

My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.
    there are no tuts for this and also I've erad the sappy tut and he didn't talk about that error
    Old July 20th, 2009 (6:08 AM).
    Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charon the Ferryman View Post
    My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.
    In FR/LG there's a special for setting the Seen (and only that). I believe there could be something similar in R/S/E. If not, you'll need to make a custom ASM routine to do the job.
    Old July 20th, 2009 (6:21 AM).

Im trying to edit pokemon Ruby so that there is a new type called light. I also want to change the way some of the types effect each other. (If it is not possible in Ruby i could do it in crystal.)
      Any help would be much apreciated, thanks!
      Old July 20th, 2009 (7:20 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
        I have just started to learn how to map, script etc etc. My qeustion is....... How do i make it so that a pokemon will only evolve when leveled up at a certain location?? e.g Eevee evolves into Glaceon while leveled up at that Icy Rock place in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Oh & im going to be hacking Fire Red! :D
        Ta :D
        Turbo~

Platinum Team -
        Platinum FC -
        Turbo~
        Old July 20th, 2009 (7:40 AM).
        [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif[/img]

Nature: Sassy
        Unless you are a very advanced ASM/Hex hacker, you can't.
        Old July 20th, 2009 (8:27 AM).
        J946@5488AA97464

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kingprawny View Post
          Im trying to edit pokemon Ruby so that there is a new type called light. I also want to change the way some of the types effect each other. (If it is not possible in Ruby i could do it in crystal.)
          Any help would be much apreciated, thanks!
          Doable in both versions.

If you want me, please contact me by email. iimarckus@gmail.com

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
          Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
          Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
          Old July 20th, 2009 (9:41 AM).
          Rocket Recruited Trainer

Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... -_-;
            Old July 20th, 2009 (9:49 AM).
            Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JerisEnigma1337 View Post
              Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... -_-;
              use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map
              Old July 20th, 2009 (9:55 AM). Edited July 20th, 2009 by JerisEnigma1337.
              Rocket Recruited Trainer

Quote:
                Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map
                Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...
                Old July 20th, 2009 (11:32 AM).
                Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JerisEnigma1337 View Post
                  Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...
                  go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....
                  Old July 20th, 2009 (11:41 AM).

eh does anyone know the answer to my question? :)
                    does anyone know Rayquaza's palette offset for platinum?
                    please and thank you
                    Old July 20th, 2009 (2:54 PM). Edited July 20th, 2009 by JerisEnigma1337.
                    Rocket Recruited Trainer

Quote:
                      go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....
                      EH?! Aha! Thank you so much! You just saved me sooo much time! -^_^- I just need to do a lot of digging before I can really dive into this project. Thanks for the welcome, too, everyone!

@Beesafree: You can find it with PokeTex I think... I started to go search for you, but I don't have a working platinum rom. Sorry!
                      Old July 20th, 2009 (3:49 PM). Edited July 20th, 2009 by Beesafree.

thank you - i will try that

EDIT: i couldn't find pokeTEX English.....
                        i did find a German one though, although all i saw was a list that i ran into before it starts off:

hero,4350808
                        heroine,4353C30
                        herobike,4357058
                        heroinebike,4359BA0
                        tower01,4381698
                        tower02,4383100
                        tower03,4384B68
                        tower04,43865D0
                        tower05,4388038

that's not helpful because i don't need those palettes....
                        anyone know rayquaza's palette offset?

now i am getting frustrated >_<
                        Old July 20th, 2009 (8:05 PM).
                        4:20

Nature: Docile
                          Quote:
                          just change the patlate until you find the color mewtwo uses,and then recolor the rest of the things....
                          When I go to recolor the sprite it says runtime error 9 subscript out of range
                          Old July 20th, 2009 (8:07 PM).
                          Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
                            When I go to recolor the sprite it says runtime error 9 subscript out of range
                            this happpends me too sometimes,so do this again -____-
                            Old July 20th, 2009 (8:07 PM).
                            Chibi Ninja

Nature: Hasty
                              Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
                              Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

#org 0x800000
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              msgbox 0x800100
                              callstd 0x5
                              compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                              if 0x0 goto 0x800300
                              msgbox 0x800200
                              callstd 0x2
                              release
                              end

#org 0x800300
                              msgbox 0x800400
                              callstd 0x2
                              release
                              end

#org 0x800100
                              = The weather's nice,\n isn't it?

#org 0x800200
                              = I think I'll head\n down to the beach\n today.

#org 0x800400
                              = Is that so?\p Well then, what did\n I do with that\n umbrella?

Thank you!
                              Old July 20th, 2009 (8:29 PM).
                              The Breeder

Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.
                                Old July 20th, 2009 (8:39 PM).
                                Say Hello To Nurse Barbra

As for 1 and 3 i have NO clue but for 2 use YAPE (yet another pokemon editor)

Old July 20th, 2009 (8:57 PM).
                                  Chibi Ninja

Nature: Hasty
                                    Actually, MC Blaze, for #1 couldn't you use the unLZ app in the EliteMap pack? There's a tutorial somewhere...
                                    Old July 20th, 2009 (9:34 PM).
                                    Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MC Blaze View Post
                                      Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.
                                      1-use ape
                                      2-there is evulotion editor pro by dartharon
                                      3-change the script on the s flags
                                      Old July 20th, 2009 (11:13 PM).
                                      thereefernander thereefernander is offline

Is there a way to make custom palettes or get different ones in the program included with elitemap; "Spread"?
                                        Old July 20th, 2009 (11:32 PM).
                                        Pierce the heavens

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
                                        Is there a way to make custom palettes or get different ones in the program included with elitemap; "Spread"?
                                        never EVER use elite map, it is outdated. try going with Advanced map(has a palette editor for the tiles) and Advanced Palette editor (APE)(edits ANY palette)
                                        Old July 21st, 2009 (12:31 AM).
                                        thereefernander thereefernander is offline

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Archon View Post
                                          never EVER use elite map, it is outdated. try going with Advanced map(has a palette editor for the tiles) and Advanced Palette editor (APE)(edits ANY palette)
                                          I can't seem to find the Hero's sprites in Advance Map.
                                          Old July 21st, 2009 (12:38 AM).
                                          Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
                                          Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
                                          Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

Spoiler:
                                          #org 0x800000
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          msgbox 0x800100
                                          callstd 0x5
                                          compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                          if 0x0 goto 0x800300
                                          msgbox 0x800200
                                          callstd 0x2
                                          release
                                          end

#org 0x800300
                                          msgbox 0x800400
                                          callstd 0x2
                                          release
                                          end

#org 0x800100
                                          = The weather's nice,\n isn't it?

#org 0x800200
                                          = I think I'll head\n down to the beach\n today.

#org 0x800400
                                          = Is that so?\p Well then, what did\n I do with that\n umbrella?

Thank you!
                                          May I suggest you downloading XSE (eXtreme Script Editor) ? The syntax is not that different from ScriptEd but it's way easier and better. Also, it comes with a guide too. You can get it in my Tools Factory thread in the Toolbox. Oh, and by the way... we have a thread specific for script help, you better ask there next time ;)
                                          Old July 21st, 2009 (4:11 AM).

Nature: Quiet
                                            How do I change the sprite of Prof. Birch at the into? I can't find him on unLZ-GBA.
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply