• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello, is there a way to make a character gone from the map (Like Oak is in the beginning of FR/LG) unless a script is called telling it to reappear?

Thanks in advance!

Years
I use Advance Map to do tile inserting. You can use other programs to convert to sixteen colours and gather palettes, though.

Here's a good tutorial.

I do not even understand a thing in that tutorial tbh, is there any easier tutorials for inserting which even explains how to chop down already made tiles that were yet to be chopped down to the size needed?

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
I have a very interesting problem here. Whenever I pause the game at a certain part of my hack, when I move, only the camera moves and not the player itself. Has anyone ever experianced this?

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
I have a very interesting problem here. Whenever I pause the game at a certain part of my hack, when I move, only the camera moves and not the player itself. Has anyone ever experianced this?

Yeah, it happens to me all the time. What happens is that you take control of an NPC close by on the map. It's easy to fix though. Just find out the NPC causing it and change their movement type.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Yeah, it happens to me all the time. What happens is that you take control of an NPC close by on the map. It's easy to fix though. Just find out the NPC causing it and change their movement type.
Wow, thanks FireShock :3 Gonna try this out right away.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
When I decrease the colour depth on my image when i make a sprite the background colour is never first on the palette, is there anyway to rearrange the palette in infranview without messing up the picture? When i switch them it switches the colour in the picture too

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
When I decrease the colour depth on my image when i make a sprite the background colour is never first on the palette, is there anyway to rearrange the palette in infranview without messing up the picture? When i switch them it switches the colour in the picture too

First, make a copy of the image. Then change the palettes in Irfanview. The image should look all messed up now. Then, open both images in Paint and, after selecting the entire original image, copy-and-paste it over the new one (the one that looks messed up). As long as you just change the order of the colors and not their values, it should work.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday

Or, if you are using Irfanview, and are saving it as a png, you should see some checkboxes, one being "Pick Transparent Colour" or whatever. Check that box, and then select the background when it asks you to.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
First, make a copy of the image. Then change the palettes in Irfanview. The image should look all messed up now. Then, open both images in Paint and, after selecting the entire original image, copy-and-paste it over the new one (the one that looks messed up). As long as you just change the order of the colors and not their values, it should work.

I tried it but now it says it isn't indexed again and if I index it again I end up where I started

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I tried it but now it says it isn't indexed again and if I index it again I end up where I started
open Gimp, and paste the clean image over the Messed up image. then it will still be indexed, and be right colour wise :)

Anyway, i have my own problem...
Error2.png

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this 1 tile wide row of border blocks to be present in the map?
The connection settings are regular and have no offset etc. and this is the first time in about 15-20 map connections this has happened.

:/

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
open Gimp, and paste the clean image over the Messed up image. then it will still be indexed, and be right colour wise :)

Anyway, i have my own problem...
Error2.png

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this 1 tile wide row of border blocks to be present in the map?
The connection settings are regular and have no offset etc. and this is the first time in about 15-20 map connections this has happened.

:/
Methinks one of your maps has an odd number height..

Years
Make a level script that sets a flag to the same number as the ID of the sprite you want 'gone', as well as a hidesprite command.

Well, that worked the first time, but for some reason now whenever I try to enter the map, the screen just turns black and it's never loaded.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
I doubt this is possible, but is there a way to make two Pokemon count as a single Pokedex entry? Basically what I want to do is make a specific species of Pokemon (and perhaps its evolution) have much higher base stats in one area of the game and I am fairly confident that is impossible.

Years
So how would you go ahead and change the players bag?

In unLZ GBA, load your FireRed ROM (if you're using Ruby, I'm afraid I do not know the unLZ GBA numbers), go to 1694 (or thereabouts). This is the male bag. If you go forward one space, you'll find the female bag. Replace the image with your new bag. Write to ROM and redo any palette changes in APE. You'll also have to change the trainer sprite, backsprite and overworld if you want continuity, though. There're tutorials on those, though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I need some help with Pokemon Platinum. I'm trying to mainly change the Pokemon and Levels of the Gym Leaders/Rivals/Elite 4/Frontier Brains.... mainly gym leaders though. I downloaded the hacking tools for Pokemon Platinum, I just need to know how I would be able to do this..... I played Pokemon Platinum Enhanced Edition and since I didn't like some the Pokemon that were replaced, (ex: Gardenia's Roserade being replaced by a Parasect...WTF.), I really need to know what tools I need to just do this... Thanks.:D

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
I'm having problem with replacing my sprites, i changed one successfully but when i change the one next to it it changes both of them to that.

Also the bottom off the second one is hacked up, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back