Community Events MAGM 3 ("Make a Good Map") Contest!

Started by Upsurge December 14th, 2020 11:25 PM
  • 10 replies

Upsurge

I’m ex-static.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
818 posts
1.6 Years
Fan Games Staff Post
For all Gen III Pokémon ROM hackers!

Make A Good Map Contest
Dec 15 to Jan 15 - anyone able to enter!

Hi everyone! It's been a rough ride, hasn't it? 2020 wasn't so great. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better! So, here is what we present!

MAGM is a Generation III Pokémon ROM hacking contest created by Anthroyd. Your goal is to create a ROM hack that consists of a single map. You may add whatever you wish to your map, including a small story line, a treasure hunt, a battle tournament, a slow walk through a prehistoric village of iron golems, or anything else that you can think of. This year we collaborated with Anthroyd to host the event on PC too! Hopefully word will get out and submissions will pile to the floor! This one is called "MAGM 3" since the previous two were hosted on the Discord server only.

Check out the thread linked above for the details. And if you're entering, good luck!

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it come true ! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth ! If anyone can, it's you !"

Age 14
Male
Kerala,India
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted December 25th, 2020
119 posts
117 Days
I have a doubt, is it strict to use only the default tiles and not custom one ?
Custom tile insertion feels so difficult
SIGNATURES:

1.😄 Thank You

2. Recruiting for Let's go Togepi / Pichu (ROM hack of firered)

My dear 'ROCCO'

U.Flame

Humbled Beginner

Age 25
Male
Unknown
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted December 15th, 2020
1,298 posts
12.7 Years
There are no rules about tilesets, its completely up to you. You can stick with vanilla if you want. Or try some custom pr public tilesets. Whatever works best.
I've come to realize that years of self-taught experience amounted to significantly less than I initially thought, but with the support of some great tutorials, friends, and fellow community members, I've become half decent by now. I'm no expert, I still have a long way to go, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

I've shelved some projects and reduced the scope of others now that I have a more grounded view of what I can reasonably accomplish. One project I certainly won't give up on is improving gen 3's multiplayer.

Something I did accomplish was making a full short game in 30 days.
Check it out here if you want: Naillevaihcam

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it come true ! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth ! If anyone can, it's you !"

Age 14
Male
Kerala,India
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted December 25th, 2020
119 posts
117 Days
I am interested...
Username : MM980
But I don't know how to make a patch file...
SIGNATURES:

1.😄 Thank You

2. Recruiting for Let's go Togepi / Pichu (ROM hack of firered)

My dear 'ROCCO'

Upsurge

I’m ex-static.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
818 posts
1.6 Years
I am interested...
Username : MM980
Just take a look at the above link; you do not need to do that.

But I don't know how to make a patch file...
There are plenty of tutorials out there! You can try here: https://www.zeldix.net/t351-how-to-make-and-apply-an-ups-patch
Age 28
Male
Castelia City, Unova
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
206 posts
1.5 Years
So, all I have to do is make an entire Pokemon adventure experience jammed into one room? ex: Pallet Town? (but edited greatly, of course)
Nocturnal...? W-What does that mean?😕

Upsurge

I’m ex-static.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
818 posts
1.6 Years
So, all I have to do is make an entire Pokemon adventure experience jammed into one room? ex: Pallet Town? (but edited greatly, of course)
Yup.
Age 28
Male
Castelia City, Unova
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
206 posts
1.5 Years
Yup.
😄 I'll try this out, but no promises I'll submit it 😜
Nocturnal...? W-What does that mean?😕

Upsurge

I’m ex-static.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
818 posts
1.6 Years
😄 I'll try this out, but no promises I'll submit it 😜
No worries, haha.

Upsurge

I’m ex-static.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
818 posts
1.6 Years
Just announcing that the contest is over. You can play the submissions at the Discord server linked above.