• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Elite Four

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Ah yes, barring the Champion for now, do you guys remember the Elite Four in GSC, yes?

tumblr_nrabboLd4v1scncwdo1_500.png

The first was Will, a Psychic type trainer. Then there was Koga who was a Gym Leader during the RBY games, but seemingly promoted? Then there was the reoccurring Bruno, the Fighting-type E4 member, then finally Karen, a Dark-type trainer.

Which Elite Four member is your favourite? Which one do you think was the toughest to fight against?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I think all of them posed a challenge in their own way. Especially since the level curve was so low, not to mention they all had hard hitting moves or really annoying strategies. I think the Johto Elite Four gets too much flack for being "easy" but I think that is not quite the case.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
My favourite is Karen because Dark is my favourite type out of those four (even though 2/5 of her Pokemon aren't of that type) and I like her "Strong Pokemon, weak Pokemon..." line after the battle. The one I find hardest to beat is either her or Koga.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I remember being underwhelmed by them the first time I played through Silver. Their teams and the variety of Pokemon they had was good, and a step up from Gen I, but they were so underlevelled it just took all challenge out of them. They should have been maybe 5-10 levels higher imo.

My favourite was always Karen; I liked the way they negated the fact there were only a handful of Dark types in GSC by giving her Pokemon like Vileplume and Gengar. And also Houndoom and Umbreon are great.

Back