• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Yeah, luna means moon in latin, also, Lunar- as in lunar phases of the moon.

Anyways...
progressupdat.png

Refining

I've been expanding the refining options. now it's increased from around 80 refinible items, to over 200. most TMs can be obtained via refining now.

Whack A Mole

I've finished up the whack a mole game. There are 9 holes. 3x3. The holes have numbers above them. It corrosponds to the numpad which (should be) on the right side of your keyboard.

rainbowtowerwhackamole.png

--------------------------------------
Safari Zone

I've been developing the safari zone of the Rainbow Tower.
It works sorta like the games.. but different.

most importantly: YOU CANNOT KEEP POKEMON YOU CATCH!
-You can catch infinite amounts of pokemon, but you only have a 5 min time limit.
-Using bait will cause the pokémon to be occupied for 3 turns. meaning they can't run away.
-throwing rocks will decrease their speed, meaning they'll react slower.
-If you catch pokemon, you gain points(exp). the rarer the pokemon, the more points you'll get.
-There'll be sevral "areas". im trying to make it that for every area you get a high score for, you'll obtain a Pokemon.
-Once the times up, the score will be converted into currency for the prize zone.
rainbowtowersafari.png

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
wow that's a great idea for the safari zone, you can put whatever you want because we don't keep it.

I do have a question though, will anything we catch be added to our pokedex's?

Years
Freaking amazing. If you dont mind me asking, how complete (percentage wise) would you say rainbow tower is? I would assume that you won't release the next beta until it is completely finished. I am only asking because every time you post an update I just keep saying to myself "I hope he releases the next beta this week" lol.

DarkDoom3000

Years
EDIT: WOOT! Page 10!

As a call to arms, can someone rate the thread (the star rating option) It's currently 4.46 at 15 ratings, need to get 4.5+ to make it become a 5 star thread :)- but vote honestly, if you think it's 5/4/3/2/1 star- vote it.

Wow..A zapdos in safari? o_O
Yeah, I'm trying to make legendaries a bit more common, like the anime/manga. the academy leader has a suicune, the first legendary you'll encounter, and now there'll be some legendaries in the safari zone. they're hard to catch, but catching will give you big points.

Dforte said:
Freaking amazing. If you dont mind me asking, how complete (percentage wise) would you say rainbow tower is? I would assume that you won't release the next beta until it is completely finished. I am only asking because every time you post an update I just keep saying to myself "I hope he releases the next beta this week" lol.
I am approx. 50-60% done. I know I'm over the half way mark. Theres only 3/8 gyms left, 2/4 AIs left. and the final boss.

Initally I was thinking next beta will go up to when you defeat the next AI (geo Sigma), but I might release it after I finish the tower.

Do you guys like more frequent version updates?
Or do you guys like more bigger version updates?

I'm actually quite thoroughly impressed by this game.
Thanks ;) It does seem quite easy to underestimate this game, the bizzare name, the graphics, the battle system and the pokemon. but it is a good game that im working hard to finish(halfway now) and it gives something a little bit different than the other pokémon games.

wow that's a great idea for the safari zone, you can put whatever you want because we don't keep it.

I do have a question though, will anything we catch be added to our pokedex's?
currently- there is no pokedex, because (currently) theres only going to be about 150 pokemon catchable (mix of first and second gen, with some third gen ones.)
So a pokedex was kinda redundant. BUT- I am planning on making a pokedex that records pokemon that you fight. So if you encounter a pokémon, they'll be added. So the "gotta fill up the pokedex" metagame still exists.

Actually, I have 2 options, I need your guys input on which version would be better.

-Automatic version: records data on pokemon you encounter
-Manual version: pokedex must be selected inbattle to scan and record the enemy pokemon.

automatic is easier... but it might be too easy for people. you might accidently finish the pokedex without even realising.

It should be easy to make, because I had already created a pokedex for my old game (pokemon illusion- don't play it. It's bad)

---------
new "feature" but not really a feature.

OVERDRIVE MODE!
http://rpgmaker.net/users/kentona/locker/RM2k3DoubleBattleSpeed.zip
This is a patch of sorts- made by GameOverGamesProductions over at RPGmaker.net (better give credits)

If you apply this patch, it basically DOUBLES BATTLE SPEED.
you have to do some weird DLL injection thing each time you want to play- it's not really complicated, just follow the readme.
(if it doesnt work the first time, just try again)

ALSO: I suggest changing battle mode into wait- (main menu- switch active into wait)
this means the enemy's time bar won't fill up if you're making decessions.

Just thought some of you guys would want it. faster is always better.
I'll be incuding it in the next version download anyway.

Last edited:
Years
wow....im really surprised that you're doing so much for this game and only 50% or 60% done. I cant wait to see the finished product.....or even the next beta release.

As to your question about updates; I personally like big updates, but it all depends what you are doing. What you're doing with rainbow tower, I consider a huge update. I do like how you keep us updated on what you are doing, but (i kno other fans may not like this) I dont think you should do so many screenshots. It is amazing, but it takes away the surprise.

The pokedex, I would like the manual scanner, because I think it would make you pay more attention to what's going on. If you know how to do this without killing yourself, go for it. I understand you want to make an amazing game, but do what gives you less of a headache.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
I really love this game, hope you keep up the good work :)

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'd say keep updating the thread frequently like you've been doing all the time.
With that pokedex thing, I think manual version would be better because automatic would be like the original games and so not fun.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
hey darkdoom3000 im loving the game but i apear to be to go so far with it im using version 0.4 and ive done everything the to the point of arbor forest.... i got my first gym bage and spoke to oaks aid about the levla stone and such like even done one oaks missions... and well i cant figure were to go or what to do next soo any help would be great thanks

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Pokedex dilemma: I prefer auto, but manual gives more of a challenge :)
Updates: Bigger, i dont want to patch every couple days x.X

I also lag in v4.0, but only in the overworld...
I looked around in your saves, and found that your 'debug' file doesnt lag at all. :O

DarkDoom3000

Years
Replies.
Spoiler:

----

Lag- LAG -- FORKING LAG!
Im not totally sure whats cauing the lag, but task manager gave me a hint.

A new RM2k3 project takes aobut 23,000k memory. It contains about 15 heroes. If you increase the hero count- then the memory will skyrocket.
At 200 heroes, it jumps to around 150,000k. (at 1000 it goes over 700,000k)

each (catchable) pokemon takes up 1 hero slot.
I had increased hero count in v0.4 to around 150. (to prep for adding more pokemon)

So adding more pokemon is causing lag for some people.

I will be lowering the amount of heroes in v0.5 to under 100. That *should* return it to pre-0.4 performance level.

Evolutions don't seem to matter. just the base pokemon. (so 100 base pokemon translates into over 200 counting evoltuions.)

I'm sure whats causing the lag, my laptop is year old (2gb ram, 2.1 GHz), and eevee edition runs fine. I get some light lag at around

ALSO: playing the game on splitscreen seems to increase lag in my experience. Press F4 to switch from fullscreen to window mode. Press F5 to change between x1 window and x2 window zooms.
----------
Im assuming thats what causing majority of the lag.

But for safe measure, I've included some optimisation options in v0.5.
you'll be able to disable most background process,
Evoltuion check, (overworld)Limitbreak check, trophy check and hotkeys.

---
Nothing to report. Just been doing the Pokedex and scanner. Its all background stuff right now, so can't really screenshot it. Should be finished today.
Manual is winning.

For now, manual scanning is going to be the way to go. Scanning is not required but it's a nice bonus for the people who are always wanting to fill up the pokedex.

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Never had any lags.
But could be due my pc being quite strong.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
thanks darkdoom3000 yeah you were right i hadnt bumped in m yet thanks so much it was troubling alot couldnt figure it out so fort i would ask about it.... i thought it was like the end of the demo at first but thought that couldny be right cause i was sure you could get more then one bage any way thank you ever so much im off tt bed now but plan to enjoy your alot nmore now i know to do bye

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
oh. i only had severe overworld lag at a forest (forgot name) and when i accessed my pokemon pc. so i did a new game+, and so far, i have no lags. i'd like auto pokedex (lol)

DarkDoom3000

Years
progressupdat.png

Update [21/12/10]
-----------

Oh boy, christmas in a few days....

Anyways, been busy implementing the pokédex. im happy to say that it's in working condition now. Heres how it works.

Pokédex will be given the same time you get your eevee (will be automatically added to people who've passed that bit)

Theres 4 sections to the Pokedex.
-Obtained
-Gen 1
-Gen 2
-Gen 3
---
The generations are obvious. I had split them up so theres less scrolling.
They contain all standard scanned pokemon.
You can view the data on any pokemon you've obtained. the first page will show name, number, types, weight and height. the second page, just a short sentence or two about the pokemon(taken from the offical pokedex)

I've finished up the first and second generations, gotta do 3rd...

The obtained section is the pokemon you can/have caught.
I havent actually started this section, but i want it to be grand.
It will contain more detailed information, and more stuff, like all the pokemon's sprite through the generations and personal thoughts on the pokemon. Im just brainstorming, as, like i said, i havent actually started that yet.

To scan pokemon, all you have to do is to use the Pokédex inbattle. A sound effect will happen if you've got a new pokedex entry.
Any pokemon you catch/evolve will automatically be added to the pokedex too.

pokedexqz.png

As of now, the scanning will be manual. It's a interesting sidequest that people can do if they finish the beta.
I'm still pondering whether to allow scanning in the saffari zone.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'd suggest you to make the "Pokemon scanned" box type: x/y (in the picture above 31/y). Then, you'd know how many pokemon you're missing to complete the dex (y would of course refer to the amount of pokemon that can be seen).
Besides, have you figured out a way to make the pokemon, you receive, seen in the pokedex too (I guess you've planned this through but just asking) ?

Anyways, cool update as always ;)

Edit:
I watched the video you uploaded of the beginning of the game.

The way you can evolve is just superb !
I was amazed by how you made it so that Eevee's HP remains in the same rates as before :O
I also liked the event of rockets trying to steal your Eevee.
And...FF8 music ftw (though I like FF7 music the way most) :D

Last edited:
Back