• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fire Ash

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
[Completed] Pokemon Fire Ash
Pokémon Fire Ash is a fan-made Pokémon game made in RPGMaker XP and Pokemon Essentialsv19. The game loosely follows the adventures of Ash Ketchum throughout his journey in the anime, all in the style of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions.

Features:
National Dex with over 900 Pokémon up to generation 8.
* Travel through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar, and the Orange Islands.
* Over 50 gym battles.
* Battle Ash's travelling companions and rivals.
* Abilities and moves up to generation 8.
* Mega Evolution, Alola Forms, Z-Moves, Dynamax, and Ash-Greninja.
* Over 100 TMs.
* Pikachu follows on top of you.
* A large majority of the items up to generation 8.
* Graphics from generation 3.
* No HMs. Fly is replaced with a warping system located at Pokémon Centers.
* Includes the Battle Frontier adventure.
* Pokémon that evolve by trade now evolve by level or item required in trade.

https://fire-ash.webnode.com/
Download: https://mega.nz/file/Rn52RICK#4h9qb-qcRV08u8P1sqNZ2u8S1b326Dd9i8lWAvMINSc

Download link for list of all Pokemon locations:
By Pokemon: https://mega.nz/file/J6Qg1awY#JLWUW2i3Nj4iv4vPNaid76pfl2O6SBznEgOaOpTlhbM
By Route: https://mega.nz/#!F6xHASaS!dfUu07R9cv4cW2JR1TfmhNJe5em9BBoxluwfV84Jq18
Download a walk-through for the game. Made by Marek14, Ebrethil, and Abs Samanta: https://mega.nz/file/tjggVahQ#28uJw2_sefcVAUIMv2hRgLWqjjjgkHEeQimZFwvjzKw

Discord link: https://discord.gg/c77h8Z5.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
The download isn't working, but I found that if you go to the website and use the download link there it does work. So for now you can use the link there until OP fixes post.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I went tto the website link, it worked fine there,

Anyway after playing a few minutes I noticed a big glaring flaw. The game's maps are perfect I'll admit. But the dialogue is very very lacking. Sure its a fan game, its your right to make it how you want, but I honestly felt that the start of the game was very boring and went too fast. I suppose its a slight bias due tot he way the Ash Gray Hack was made to mirror the anime's dialogue a lot more but I honestly feel that my bias aside the anime's dialogue isnt followed closely enough.

Second, I was expecting at the very least a scene with HO-OH before going to Viridian City, even if the spearow attack wasnt displayed in the interest of time. That to this day is a vital part of Ash's story.

Also the team rocket battle in Viridian City just feels hastily done. Sure its the first battle but I hope the subsequent encounters with Jessie and James have more of an actual cinematic exchange, and certainly more dialogue than just the moto and then the battle. That was passable in the Yellow version of the first gen, but so much more can be done here. Granted the size of th egame itself could be a big part why you kept it so basic, and bare bones, and I can understand that, so hopefully there'll be changes in time.

Next, I feel that the music needs to be changed out. Some of the default RPGmaker music can work for certain events, like a legendary pokemon encounter, or for scene in any of the pokemon movie parts of the game (if the movies are represented, which the first one I know has to be what with Mewtwo and all) but I was hoping to hear standard pokemon game music for pokemon battle sand trainer battles. Heck perhaps even using the anime soundtrack for certain points. But thats just me.

Lastly for some of Ash's pokemon there should be an interactable entity on the overworld to ensure you get the right one. This would be especially necessary for his shiny Noctowl later on and Heracross for that matter. The issue of event scripting will be kinda necessary for other pokemon Ash has collected such as the ones he has gotten from eggs and what not. I also cant help but notice caterpie are rarer than beedril in Viridian Forest which is very odd to me.

Overall due to the ambitious nature of this game, I give it a solid 3/5. I will continue playing the game without any issue, but I highly reccomend updating this game at some point to improve upon it. I however still like what you've done, there's not enough anime style games out there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
So I found this download somewhere else (besides here). I didnt believe that all those regions wont be in one game only because when Im in the pokedex and I ask where something lives the map doesnt look complete. Is the map suppose to look like that? I am the guess the region of kanto is bigger then that?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
just two requsts to enjoy an ash game....have his pokemon that he used on the journey have special abilities or moves, give snorlax a lot of extra HP, make him loaf around maybe....maybe evolve Pikachu into a skinnir more fit Pikachu and get the stats up. and I like face emogis on piakchu with his reaction to whats going on....looking forward to the journey man, that's for the hard work and sharing it!!

just two requsts to enjoy an ash game....have his pokemon that he used on the journey have special abilities or moves, give snorlax a lot of extra HP, make him loaf around maybe....maybe evolve Pikachu into a skinnir more fit Pikachu and get the stats up. and I like face emogis on piakchu with his reaction to whats going on....looking forward to the journey man, that's for the hard work and sharing it!!
possibly evolve piakchu to hat Pikachu lol anyways take care

Last edited by a moderator:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
have you considered upgrading the GFX to gen 4 Style ?
And do you have a team ?
The maps need work I do like the Pokemon League Map and Orange Islands.

Viridian Forest does seem sorta empty now that you mention it.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
I can't pass the man who block the road to route in Pewter City after beating Brock and he said "Wait a minute! You haven't even beat Brock yet" need help please :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I can't pass the man who block the road to route in Pewter City after beating Brock and he said "Wait a minute! You haven't even beat Brock yet" need help please :)

An update fixing that will be coming out soon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
have you considered upgrading the GFX to gen 4 Style ?
And do you have a team ?
The maps need work I do like the Pokemon League Map and Orange Islands.

I don't have plans to upgrade it to gen 4 style. I took the team that Ash has in the anime.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
You need to adjust the following pikachu script because I cant use the bike when I try to use it. That will be a problem trying to use bike paths.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
good to know I figured that had to be a thing at least due to the fact there would need to be a way for the bridge bike gang episode to work properly.

Also I had lost a battle and pikachu disappeared (as in is no longer following), but I reset my game to my last save and hes back now.

Back